The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Addon Authors - Plea to make a "Auto-Decline Duel Request" Addon

drakhan2002_ESO
drakhan2002_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
In the anticipation of Update 12 and dueling being offered and my lack of confidence that ZOS can actually implement anything without it creating problems, I am going to ask the Addon author community to help fill a gap which I am sure will appear...

Would you please make an addon to auto-decline duel request addon? My concern is that random players will simply spam or otherwise grief other players by sending out random duel requests. I personally don't PvP nor duel. I would prefer not to be bothered with clicking the decline button every couple of minutes because some ADHD person just wants to duel.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zos didn't state there'd be an option to auto-decline duel requests? Sounds more like something that should be implemented by the devs, and as a last resort, by the addon author community.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    Zos didn't state there'd be an option to auto-decline duel requests? Sounds more like something that should be implemented by the devs, and as a last resort, by the addon author community.

I do not know if ZOS stated they would or would not provide an auto-decline option. This post is simply based on the track record ZOS has created in that they don't think through their decisions very carefully. I totally agree that ZOS *should* handle it. Like I said "..my lack of confidence that ZOS can actually implement anything without it creating problems..." is what drove me to request this addon.

My hope would be that an addon author would create the addon prior to Update 12 dropping so that it would be available immediately.

Believe me, I'd love it if ZOS would actually take community feedback into consideration before dropping half-thoughtout game design on the player community.
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I read that they'll add an option. If not, it will be added in no thank you.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ayantir wrote: »
    I read that they'll add an option. If not, it will be added in no thank you.

Great! I had not heard what ZOS plans were... But thanks for the consideration to add it to your addon.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope thhey include the aute decline feature, us console players dont get add -ons :(
  • Vixen_Wild
    Vixen_Wild
    ✭✭
    Yeah I hope they add an option to decline. I play on all platforms and am not looking forward to that feature at all. :( I didn't like it in WoW and used an addon there to decline all duels requests.
    PS NA characters in all factions
    PC NA characters in all factions
    Xbox characters in all factions

Gamer for life! Forever Young!
    I'm an altoholic!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they don't add an auto-decline feature it's going to be a very unpopular update.

It's bad enough seeing constant requests in chat (usually the same person spamming the same message because they don't seem to get that no one is interested). Having them pop-up across the screen would be extremely annoying.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IIRC it's going to be a setting, like 'hide helmet.' No need for an addon. :)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did answer someone's question an gamescom and did say there would be a built in optional auto-deny for duels.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Zakor
    Zakor
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure when they stated that (gamescom maybe...?) but there will be a setting for that.
  • Rage_Killin
    Rage_Killin
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, well. There goes all the Pve'ers not wanting any part in pvp. Reminds me of that time when I caught a magplar in IC one day and all he did was run cleanse run Bol run. Block. Too funny. They want no part in it but the minute you find him in a Zerg get ready to get Jeasus beamed 10 times.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »

yes they did I think. but can not find the source...
  • Msan
    Msan
    It is in the options.
    Settings > Social > put a tick on Auto decline duel requests > Profit.