Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Xbox NA. New to ESO.

Clyde_Frog
Clyde_Frog
Soul Shriven
Hey all. New to the game. Looking for people to help show me the ropes.Ive played many mmos over the years and I always played a tank. So I'm looking to get into tanki g here.Ive decided Im goong to give a Redguard DK tank a try.If anybody can help show me the ropes it would be much appreciated.
Edited by Clyde_Frog on August 24, 2016 4:19PM
  • undefeatdgaul
    undefeatdgaul
    ✭✭✭
    what alliance are you in? Redguard DK is most certainly a good start for your tank
  • Clyde_Frog
    Clyde_Frog
    Soul Shriven
    I think it would be DC.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have both a stamina DK tank and a magicka DK tank. My advice is to level as a DPS to level up quicker. 2H is a good all-round skill line. Put a 1HS skill on your bar and you'll level that skill line up at the same time. Also, always have a class skill on your bar from each class skill line.

Tanking can be fun in this game, but you'll want to level a bit before you start tackling group content.
  • Clyde_Frog
    Clyde_Frog
    Soul Shriven
    Ok cool.So should I queue as dps for now when it comes to the lvl 10 dungeon?
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up to you. Tanking requires more knowledge of the dungeon mechanics, so may be easier to run as a DPS until you figure out the mechanics. Nonvet dungeons don't have many mechanics, though, so you'd probably be alright. As long as you keep a taunt on your bar, and keep enemies off your group mates, you're doing your job.

The best thing, though, is to join a guild to make friends and run with them. Check out the guild recruitment section. I'd be happy to invite you to the guild I'm a part of (Fathers of Dominion), but we're a mainly AD guild. You can do cross faction grouping for dungeons, but not for PvP (and you'll want to PvP at least a little bit to unlock assault skills, plus it's fun!) If you want to reroll as AD, shoot me a message in game and I'll invite you (GT same as forum name).
  • Clyde_Frog
    Clyde_Frog
    Soul Shriven
    I have a level 10 khajiit NB.