I have been recording the results of my max level crafting writs for the last week in an effort to decide whether I should continue to do them. I appreciate this is a small sample size so i would be interested in the data anyone else has as well - please post below.
Edited by Truewavesound on August 23, 2016 12:58PM
- All relevant crafting passives were maxed
- 5 piece bs quest was skipped, as I object to this imbalance and feel it makes no sense to do it.
- Refined mats back are the result of refining mats from surveys.
- Gold tempers back include both those from the container as well as from refining the raw mats from surveys.
- Clothing mats are combined, for the sake of simplicity. Their value in game is fairly similar.
The results are as follows:
COST: 320 Rubedite Ingot
REFINED MATS BACK: 99 Rubedite Ingot
GOLD TEMPERS RECEIVED: 3
G BACK: 5330g
COST: 404 mats
REFINED MATS BACK: 195 mats
DREUGH WAX RECEIVED: 4
G RECEIVED: 6658g
COST: 410 Ruby Ash
REFINED MATS BACK: 86 Ruby Ash
ROSINS RECEIVED: 1
G RECEIVED: 7322g
So, over these writs, it cost me:
221 Rubedite Ingots to receive 3 Tempering Alloys and 5330g back
209 Clothing mats to receive 4 Dreugh Wax and 6658g back
324 Ruby Ash to receive 1 Rosin and 7322g back
Using rough resale values from my 14 day MM across 5 large trading guilds
(221 x 46g) = 10,166g COST
(3 x 10,740g) + 5,330g = 37,550g BACK
Profit c 27,384g
209 x 70g = 14,630g COST
(4 x 7,588g) + 6,658g = 37,010g BACK
Profit c 22,380g
324 x 18g = 5,832g COST
(1 x 4,011g) + 7,322g = 11,333g BACK
Profit c 5,501g
So it seems that over this week, the BS, Cloth and WW max level writs have been profitable for me. This is quite a small sample size so I would be careful drawing any firm conclusions but it is interesting. I would be very interested in anyone else's results, so please do share.
What I think we also need to bear in mind is the time that these writs take us. It takes me around an hour to 1hr20 to do all my writs each day.