is the viper set broken ?

xilfxlegion
xilfxlegion
✭✭✭✭✭
been putting together this set and was told by a guildie yesterday that the set is broken

anyone else heard of this ?
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    no
    I believe in lagless Cyrodiil!
    Options
  • BruhItsOver9000
    BruhItsOver9000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know, but just in case put 30 points into blessed.
    WOOD ELF MASTER RACE.

Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depends what you mean by broken. I think it's broken that no dual wield abilities are considered melee attacks and therefore do not proc viper.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed viper is proc'ing on crit rush/stampede and flying blade. I have a screen shot of the flying blade plus a wtf how did I die recap.
    Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    I've noticed viper is proc'ing on crit rush/stampede and flying blade. I have a screen shot of the flying blade plus a wtf how did I die recap.

Gap closers are considered melee, however Flying blade should not be melee.
    Options
  • Asata
    Asata
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the entire current state of PvP is pretty broken right now. Crit rush, viper, light attack, dizzying swing, heavy attack, light attack, some dagger attack, heavy attack. That all happens in about half a second to a second at most. I don't know what's wrong with ZOS that they don't consider animation canceling an exploit. When it's to the point that a single person exploiting animation canceling can attack someone 8 times in under a second in the time it would take the other person to even use 1 skill without animation canceling... the game is broken.

It would be real easy to fix. Consider each skill use as a casting time and if that cast is interrupted either by an enemy or by the user themselves then the cast does not go through. If that is so mystifying that the developers can't figure out how to do away with it then something is seriously wrong with their level of competence, which I don't at all doubt with what we've seen for over the past month.

If it's not animation canceling greatsword users with viper it's storm knight tanks. That set is so broken, what the F. Here's a typical death in PvP:
    iuVqFYN.jpg

4 of those 5 attacks are armor set procs. That is PvP now. Broken armor sets and animation canceling. The storm knight set by the way procs all the time and seems to proc not just off of magicka attacks and when it does proc it kills everything around you. There are actually groups going in now as tanks with storm knight + viper and just tearing everyone up. Can't kill them and their armors are so OP that they kill everyone for them.
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was killed by armour procs last night too lol.Viper, Velidreth, Viper, Storm Knight plate. Probably same group!

OP, I got hit twice by Viper consecutively with no attack in between I think it is broke.
    PC EU
    Options
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont pvp. like i said maybe its just me or maybe i cant tell when it procs.

erock --- i think your answer may be my answer --- i am a melee dps dk -- but i use dual wield religiously and rarely
    just use light or heavy attacks.

bruhltsover9000 --- what does blessed do?
    Options
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't it scale off of spell crit and not weapon crit or did they fix that.
    Options
  • BruhItsOver9000
    BruhItsOver9000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont pvp. like i said maybe its just me or maybe i cant tell when it procs.

erock --- i think your answer may be my answer --- i am a melee dps dk -- but i use dual wield religiously and rarely
    just use light or heavy attacks.

bruhltsover9000 --- what does blessed do?

Put 30 points into blessed so you can get the spell penetration cp passive.
    Edited by BruhItsOver9000 on August 24, 2016 11:30AM
    WOOD ELF MASTER RACE.

Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asata wrote: »
    Well, the entire current state of PvP is pretty broken right now. Crit rush, viper, light attack, dizzying swing, heavy attack, light attack, some dagger attack, heavy attack. That all happens in about half a second to a second at most. I don't know what's wrong with ZOS that they don't consider animation canceling an exploit. When it's to the point that a single person exploiting animation canceling can attack someone 8 times in under a second in the time it would take the other person to even use 1 skill without animation canceling... the game is broken.

It would be real easy to fix. Consider each skill use as a casting time and if that cast is interrupted either by an enemy or by the user themselves then the cast does not go through. If that is so mystifying that the developers can't figure out how to do away with it then something is seriously wrong with their level of competence, which I don't at all doubt with what we've seen for over the past month.

If it's not animation canceling greatsword users with viper it's storm knight tanks. That set is so broken, what the F. Here's a typical death in PvP:
    iuVqFYN.jpg

4 of those 5 attacks are armor set procs. That is PvP now. Broken armor sets and animation canceling. The storm knight set by the way procs all the time and seems to proc not just off of magicka attacks and when it does proc it kills everything around you. There are actually groups going in now as tanks with storm knight + viper and just tearing everyone up. Can't kill them and their armors are so OP that they kill everyone for them.

If your going to complain about something at least gets the facts right and not exaggerate something because your salty about dieing.

No, someone do you hit you 8 times with .5 or 1 seconds.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was killed by armour procs last night too lol.Viper, Velidreth, Viper, Storm Knight plate. Probably same group!

OP, I got hit twice by Viper consecutively with no attack in between I think it is broke.

Viper is either broke or the Death recap isn't showing the attack that proc's it. When I tested Viper out a few weeks ago, it was procing on any D/W attack skill in addition to any melee weapon. Nothing I tried on bows got it to work at all but now I'm thinking that it may proc if someone has D/W on their back bar also. Last night I had a death recap with Viper in it and no melee attacks at all, only bow. It consisted of Viper, Poison Inj x3 and light attack bow.

I am going to test this out tonight and see if I can get it to proc with D/W on the back bar and using only bow skills.
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My last check on PTS showed these issues with Viper. I was using Biting Jabs weave, which definitely procced it. Whether it was Biting Jabs or the light attack proccing it, I do not know. But...

1). Crit based on weapon crit. Good.

2). Mitigation was strange. I tested a Precise Greatsword versus a Sharpened Greatsword. Sharpened trait increases both armor penetration and spell penetration. I had no other penetration. But the Sharpened Greatsword was increasing damage done (including non-crit damage done) of Vipers Sting by quite a bit less than other attacks. This could be due to mob I was attacking having lower spell resist than armor. As an extreme example, lowering a mob's mitigation from 90% to 80% will increase your damage done by 100%. Lowering a mob's mitigation from 20% to 10% will increase damage done by only 12.5%. So if this was some case where mob had 35% physical mitigation but only 25% spell mitigation, it could explain the diminished return of Sharpened trait on Vipers Sting compared to Biting Jabs.

2a). Shorter version of above): It probably gets mitigated by spell resist instead of armor but I am not 100% sure.

3). Critical damage values were very weird. Between Templar passive, Precise Strikes CP, and Rearming Trap, I get 1.82x normal damage with a crit. And that consistently works on Biting Jabs, Endless Hail, Steel Tornado, etc. But the Viper's Sting procs were much lower. Appeared to be 1.60x normal. So Minor Force was definitely not applying and 1 of Templar passive or Precise Strikes CP was also not applying. I could understand Precise Strikes CP not working if this skill is erroneously treated as a magical attack and thus needs Elfborn CP. But Minor Force should be affecting both spell critical damage and weapon critical damage. And that 12% from Minor Force was definitely missing. I never tested Shadow Mundus to see if that worked or not.

So I would say it is a nice set on paper. It has good burst since it generally always procs on initial attack against an enemy. But the actual damage done is lower than it should be due to all the strange things going on with penetration and critical damage modifier. Unless it gets buffed or fixed, there are likely better 5-set bonuses. Especially in PvP where the crit bonus from 2 and 4 pieces of Vipers Sting get diminishing returns due to many players in Impenetrable gear.
    Options
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got killed by Viper sting proc when the 4 prior attacks consisted of nothing but poison injection
    Argonian forever
    Options
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Viper has been proccing on bow attacks since the latest patch for me, which is just great because now I have to avoid using my bow as a backup with my main PVP set.

I am using an infused bow, which may have something to do with it. I've noticed that viper takes its proc conditions from the enchantment of the weapon you're holding.

I have a prismatic bow that only procs on daedra and undead, and it was proccing viper on only daedra and undead.
    I also have a poison enchanted bow that procs on everyone, and viper was proccing on everyone.
    They were both infused.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Judas Helviaryn on August 24, 2016 4:30PM
    Options
  • Jaiden
    Jaiden
    ✭✭✭
    I use Viper's and notice that the proc will hit first before the ability damage goes through. So for example, if you ambush,. The Viper proc goes off and THEN ambush hits. If someone opened up on you with a bow and got you down pretty good then ambushed in and the Viper proc kills you, the ambush doesnt register damage wise so thus it appears you died from just bow attacks.

Edit. Easy way to test this is to go up to a wolf or low health target in stealth and heavy attack, you'll notice the Viper proc first, followed by the heavy attack. If viper kills it, then no heavy.
    Edited by Jaiden on August 24, 2016 5:11PM
    Jaiden V16 nightblade

That's all I got, 1 toon.
    Options
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaiden wrote: »
    I use Viper's and notice that the proc will hit first before the ability damage goes through. So for example, if you ambush,. The Viper proc goes off and THEN ambush hits. If someone opened up on you with a bow and got you down pretty good then ambushed in and the Viper proc kills you, the ambush doesnt register damage wise so thus it appears you died from just bow attacks.

Edit. Easy way to test this is to go up to a wolf or low health target in stealth and heavy attack, you'll notice the Viper proc first, followed by the heavy attack. If viper kills it, then no heavy.
    I noticed this before I was running around killing wolves and other animals and the viper proc would kill the wolf before my heavy attack even hit.
    Options
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use viper and do not see it as broken. Will proc off any dw attack. As mentioned, yes, it does however proc before the actual attack, giving some weird recaps, which COULD lead someone to believe it is broken and proccing on them by ie bow attacks, which i can assure it does not. Tested that to the bone myself.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
    Options
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are two definitions of broken.

First, broken means something does not work correctly. Example: "Ughh!! Infinite loading screen again! This game is so broken."

Second, broken means that something is very overpowered. Example: "OMG! Another death from Templar Jesus Beam. That skill is so broken."

TYL.
    Options
  • Asata
    Asata
    ✭✭✭
    If your going to complain about something at least gets the facts right and not exaggerate something because your salty about dieing.

Oh and you have divined that from my COMPLETELY UNRELATED screenshot, have you?

I see, Miss Cleo. I see.
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tested the Viper set on PC NA again last night with a bow on the front bar and d/w on the back bar. I cast all kinds of bow abilities including light/heavy attacks and the Viper set did not proc once for me at all.

I agree with others that the death recap isn't showing all of the skills that hit us to proc viper as I've seen numerous bow recaps with a viper proc on there as well and no melee attack showing. I wonder if the combat log shows the melee skill that hit us that proc'ed it. Next time I see this I will have to check my damage log to see if it's on there or if somehow the Viper proc is negating the melee skill all together. This would definately lead us to believe that it procs off bow when it actually doesn't.
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I see, Miss Cleo. I see.

Please, you are not making any sense. Animation Cancelling won't let you skip the cast times of an ability. Nor does it allow you to skip GCD. It just allows you to avoid unnecessary animations. You can use 2 abilities in a second max. And your screenshot only shows armor procs with one unrelated single skill from 3 rather skilled players, according to their alliance ranks.
    Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I see, Miss Cleo. I see.

Please, you are not making any sense. Animation Cancelling won't let you skip the cast times of an ability. Nor does it allow you to skip GCD. It just allows you to avoid unnecessary animations. You can use 2 abilities in a second max. And your screenshot only shows armor procs with one unrelated single skill from 3 rather skilled players, according to their alliance ranks.
    Options
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I one shot ppl all day with this set.
    Options
  • KoreanAwtamatic
    What's the fastest way to get the viper set? What's the best way to farm it
    Options
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slickst3r wrote: »
    What's the fastest way to get the viper set? What's the best way to farm it

1. Buy from Guild Traders
    2. Farm Sanctum Ophidia on normal.
    Options
  • Rjizzle09
    Rjizzle09
    ✭✭✭
    This is the quickest way to get something nerfed viper at least on ps4 isnt proken it procs on my stam dk every 4 seconds like its supposed to and it procs off all my duel wield abilities and also light and heavy attacks. So idk it could be broken on pc but its not on console.
    Options
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Broken" seems to be forum-speak for "thing I don't like."

XBox NA
    Options
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Broken" seems to be forum-speak for "thing I don't like."

Jep
    Broken, cancer and cheesy
    depending on how rude or respectful you are
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
    Options
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rjizzle09 wrote: »
    This is the quickest way to get something nerfed viper at least on ps4 isnt proken it procs on my stam dk every 4 seconds like its supposed to and it procs off all my duel wield abilities and also light and heavy attacks. So idk it could be broken on pc but its not on console.

not trying to get anything nerfed. as i said i couldnt tell if it was working or not, and a guildie told me it is broken.

i am gonna try it out again.

Options