The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Everfull Flagon - What would realistically happen to the characters' health?

carljokl
carljokl
✭✭✭
I don't doubt I will be criticised for overthinking this.

It did occur to me when playing the Everfull Flagon quest that the characters all seemed relatively thin and healthy looking for a group of people engaging in non stop drinking.

I wondered what the realistic effect of their prolonged drinking binge would be. Would they all start getting beer (or mead) bellies from all the drinking?

It may be more sad that I ended up looking up the calorific content of mead. It looks to be about 350 calories per 8 fluid ounce serving. This compares to about 100 calories for the same amount of beer. I would expect that given it is made from honey and would expect it to be loaded with carbs.

I don't know how much the characters get through and guess they should be eating too (otherwise they would be getting badly undernourished). With a normal calorie intake of 2000 a day, that would be hit in about 2.2 pints of mead.

Still this is based on real world mead and who knows how dadric magic mead works.

The ESO engine has the capability for overweight characters though in practice I don't see that many.
I picture this quest walking into the into the Flagon to the shock of "Oh my, you people have really let yourselves go".

In terms of game engine though I appreciate that once a body is set a certain shape it will stay that way and not have scope for slimming down again. It might have added a more impactful dynamic at the inn but once the characters are rescued I guess it wouldn't be desirable for them to be permanently stuck carrying the ill effects of their binge drinking.
My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade