The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Would you pay 30 dollars for race change, or 40-50 dollars for any race change?

Smasherx74
Smasherx74
✭✭✭✭✭
SO I'm just wondering who all has actually done this.... Pay for cross faction races, and race changing, just to optimize their build. It totals aroudn 40 or 50 dollars in crowns, seems a bit *** ridicules to me for something like this.

Just saying, I'll never buy race change until they merg it with a one time any faction race change as well. Sorry but that's just me, not going to spend 50 dollars to change my nord to khajiit lol.
Master Debater
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i can see where the price is steep but i would not agree with the "any faction race change" if the person does not own the "any faction any race" perk.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
    Options
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done it 5 times :(
    Options
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No and No.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
    Options
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got any race / any alliance with my pre-order and created the characters I wanted with the races I wanted during early access. No FOTM race jumping for me thanks.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • Spliffo
    Spliffo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iv changed my Redguard Sorc to a Cat and another 2 will be done today
    Options
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    I paid for a race and name change for 4 characters. Doesn't really bother me about the price
    Options
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope, never gonna spend that much on something I can do for FREE in character creation, smh.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
    Options
  • old_mufasa
    old_mufasa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you people "paying" for it or just using you monthly 1500 crowns you saved up?
    Options
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stovahkiin wrote: »
    Nope, never gonna spend that much on something I can do for FREE in character creation, smh.

Exactly my point...

They can add so much crown store items, yet they still can't do basic stuff like give us a toggle for displaying the block effect....

Come on ZOS, just polish the game and stop price gouging.
    Master Debater
    Options
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Smasherx74 wrote: »
    Stovahkiin wrote: »

Exactly my point...

They can add so much crown store items, yet they still can't do basic stuff like give us a toggle for displaying the block effect....

Come on ZOS, just polish the game and stop price gouging.

This pretty much sums up what I've been trying to say for the last month lol
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
    Options
  • Kildayen
    Kildayen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I changed my race yesterday. Got bored with my magicka sorc so went stamina. When the crowns were on sale a few weeks ago I purchased six of the 5500 crown packs. I value my time and did not feel like leveling up another character. When I get bored with Stamina I will purchase another race change and go back to magicka.
    Edited by Kildayen on August 23, 2016 4:35AM
    Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know that you can get Any Race Any Alliance bonus for only 1-2$ from G2A and other online stores, right? I had nabbed mine for only 1.2$.
    Options
  • Mortehl
    Mortehl
    ✭✭✭
    SO I'm just wondering who all has actually done this.... Pay for cross faction races, and race changing, just to optimize their build. It totals aroudn 40 or 50 dollars in crowns, seems a bit *** ridicules to me for something like this.

Just saying, I'll never buy race change until they merg it with a one time any faction race change as well. Sorry but that's just me, not going to spend 50 dollars to change my nord to khajiit lol.

I've race changed two characters. The way I see it, I work hard for my money and I enjoy playing this game. It's been an easier time due to the change and more fun. Money well spent.
    Options
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    got any race with my imperial edition preorder and my sub has accumulated more crowns than i need because i don't care for costumes and mounts
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
    Options
  • Asata
    Asata
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. I'd just make a new character.
    Options
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the price of a video game. F that.
    End the tedious inventory management game.
    Options
  • watts320
    watts320
    ✭✭✭
    Id like to change class, Id change from Templar to Sorcerer
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is WHY you buy Crowns when they're on sale so you end up only paying 40% of the listed cost. I've switched several of my characters, not because of 'optimized' but because I picked the races when I first started playing and regretted it but had no other option other than to re-roll... and all the time and money (mount upgrades) were worth more than 3500 Crown paid with discounted Crowns. I've also done a couple of separate name changes as well.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't make any such changes to any of my characters ever, not even if it were free. Once rolled, they are what they are and if I decide I don't like them then I delete them and start over. I'm not into this whole "I want my male Orc Templar to be changed into a female Redguard Nightblade" business, I really don't get it.
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was going to race change like 3 characters.

Seen price and i'm not even going to go near it now.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can buy a new game for those prices.

XBox NA
    Options
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    just buy any race any alliance once for 20$ then buy all your race changes for 30$
    Options
  • Drakoleon
    Drakoleon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Given that classes/races are not yet finalize and still unbalanced its not wise to spent your REAL money there!
    Anyways 30-40$ for race/appearance change? Its outrageous since DLSs cost less!
    Options
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    watts320 wrote: »
    Id like to change class, Id change from Templar to Sorcerer

I realised that if I shuffled around the character class of a couple of my characters I would end up having one of each class in each alliance. I don't want to spend disproportionate amounts of money to do it so if it is prohibitively expensive then I won't bother. I don't want to change the races, just reconsider the character classes. I suppose I should have just got it right in the first place but I didn't create all my Alts at once. Only once I had more of them I realised how I could have better allocated them across alliances and classes. I could just delete and start again but some I have invested time in training up. One of them I could.

I notice there are shrines in some of the temples / churches. I know it is possible to reset skill points that way using only in game money. There was another shrine to alter other aspects of the character but didn't specify exactly what is allowed to be modified that way. I suspected it could be just magica / stamina and health but didn't want to pay just to find out what it does.
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
    Options
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather ZOS make money off Race, Faction, Class, Name, whatever changes over those Crown Boxes. People's decisions that don't affect my gameplay aren't my business, that is how I roll.
    Options