The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

After a twelve hour down time... five mins to get into Argent mine?

Pangnirtung
Pangnirtung
✭✭✭✭✭
This is worse. Not better.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect that loading screen problems right now are due to heavy server load due to everyone and their dog logging back on after maintenance - I wouldn't want to draw too many conclusions right now, maybe if it is still like it tomorrow then fair enough.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I've been stuck for 6 minutes now trying to load into Shivering Isles on my alt for a quest. My wait time on these load screens is normally around 10 seconds.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So loading screens back on PC today :neutral:
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    I suspect that loading screen problems right now are due to heavy server load due to everyone and their dog logging back on after maintenance - I wouldn't want to draw too many conclusions right now, maybe if it is still like it tomorrow then fair enough.

Epona222, I've played this game since beta and slow screens after down times are not a normal thing, load or no load.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Epona222, I've played this game since beta and slow screens after down times are not a normal thing, load or no load.

Oh really? I've played since beta and it's the first thing I experience after server downtime, without fail!

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta agree with @Epona222 on this one.

First load after a patch always takes longer while the changes get processed...or whatever the heck is going on behind the spinning wheel.

Hopefully that's all this is this time, cause once I get off work I needs my ESO fix ;)
    PC NA
    Characters formally known as Veteran 16:
    Wldkarde, Sir WldKarde , Lil-Miss WldKarde,
    Dame WldKarde Stamplar "Master Angler" "Main" ,
    Shady WldKarde, WldKarde"s Bacon, Jaded WldKarde,
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh really? I've played since beta and it's the first thing I experience after server downtime, without fail!

What I've noticed is that loading in from character screen (and to the character screen for that matter) takes unusually long after a maintenance.

However, I have never once had loading screens into delves and such areas stick for 6 minutes except for that one time that there was a legitimate problem that they eventually fixed. Not just because of a maintenance though.
  • cjthibs
    cjthibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The long load the first time a new client version comes is most likely your shader cache being repopulated.
    It's a ton of graphical shaders being computed and stored so you don't have to do it on the fly.

...this is a good thing.

Just curious, for those of you experiencing this which CPU/GPU's do you have?
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is not just the first load after patch this time.

I've been trying to log in to my EP char for about an hour, and the character loading screen never finishes.

First character load was long, yes... but it finished loading. Next three chars loaded normally, but something is wrong now with loading this particular char that's causing the loading screen never to finish.

EDIT: typo
    Edited by leeux on August 22, 2016 10:00PM
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • jaye63
    jaye63
    ✭✭✭✭
    leeux wrote: »
    Is not just the first load after patch this time.

I've been trying to log in to my EP char for about an hour, and the character loading screen never finishes.

First character load was long, yes... but it finished loading. Next three chars loaded normally, but something is wrong now with loading this particular char that's causing the loading screen never to finish.

Same... I actually have been sitting here for 15 minutes waiting for it to load the character in and no luck. Sum ting broke.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^ In my case... it wasn't a long single wait. I killed the client several times (like 3 times already) after waiting several minutes on each, and re-tried to load that char after waiting for a bit.

About to retry for a fourth time.

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Annalyse wrote: »

What I've noticed is that loading in from character screen (and to the character screen for that matter) takes unusually long after a maintenance.

That's because the "lobby" server (character select and load) and game servers are different.
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My problem is trying to enter Faldar's Tooth in the Rift. I have been playing since the server came up and have had no load screen problems before this. I've gone to Arcwind Point and Avanchnzel both with no difficulties.
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • InfiniteGamer
    I've been having trouble logging in with my EP character. For some reason it won't load but every other character will. Kinda sucks because my EP character is my main.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having the same problem too, @InfiniteGamer

In my case, she's not my main, but more important than that... she's my crafter :(

Is not just EP chars being affected, as I loaded a low level mule that is L3 EP standing inside the bank in Davon's Watch and he loaded with no problems and no delays.

But my EP crafter is max level and standing in Coldharbour bank.

Is not Coldharbour either, as two other chars of mine are also in CH (but they are not EP) and didn't have any problems loading into those.

EDIT: missing word
    Edited by leeux on August 22, 2016 10:26PM

My chars
    I only PvP on AD chars

• cjthibs
    cjthibs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are tons and tons of EP characters that were able to log in.
    My own load screen was about 45 seconds.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah actually I am now experiencing an issue trying to load into a quest area - normal zones seem to be OK, but I've been on a loading screen trying to get into Sunscale Ruins for an inordinate amount of time now... so I take back what I said earlier, this does appear to be a different issue.

• InfiniteGamer

In my case, she's not my main, but more important than that... she's my crafter :(

Is not just EP chars being affected, as I loaded a low level mule that is L3 EP standing inside the bank in Davon's Watch and he loaded with no problems and no delays.

Is not Coldharbour either, as two other chars of mine are also in CH (but they are not EP) and didn't have any problems loading into those.

I really hope it isn't anything too serious, I might just say screw it for tonight and just try again tomorrow. I really hope it gets fixed because I have done literally everything with her and I don't want to start from scratch.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I really hope it isn't anything too serious, I might just say screw it for tonight and just try again tomorrow. I really hope it gets fixed because I have done literally everything with her and I don't want to start from scratch.

Agreed! I hope that too. Not too bothered that I can't log in *right* now... it just breaks my perfect hireling schedule :blush:

My chars
    I only PvP on AD chars

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll have to agree with the increased load times after a update. Without fail, no matter the size of the update, the first log in takes longer after an update.

• leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still can't logon to my EP char. I opened up a help ticket in-game using one of my other chars that can login, but I don't have too much hope they'll solve it quickly. So I won't keep trying to logon today... hope tomorrow brings a solution.
    Edited by leeux on August 23, 2016 12:06AM

My chars
    I only PvP on AD chars

• InfiniteGamer
    I still can't logon to my EP char. I opened up a help ticket in-game using one of my other chars that can login, but I don't have too much hope they'll solve it quickly. So I won't keep trying to logon today... hope tomorrow brings a solution.

I made one as well, how long does it usually take to get a response? I've only been playing a month or so.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some of my previous tickets (none of them were for similar issues, at all) took a few days to get a response (as worse case, I mean get a response on mail at least) but if there's something broken on the game, it'd think it'll be fixed during tomorrow (I hope!!) even if they don't send responses to the tickets.

Never had an issue like this before myself, so I don't have previous experience...

I remember someone in my guilds that had a similar issue (char stuck on terrain, /stuck didn't work for some reason, and couldn't get out any other way) and sent a ticket, and in a few hours got the char restored and moved to a wayshrine/safe area. That was on a normal day during office hours, though.

I hope you get the issue resolved soon! Good luck!

My chars
    I only PvP on AD chars

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Could you all please let me know which servers you are having issues on? This is likely caused by traffic lag, though to be sure we'd like to collect server information to begin an investigation just to be safe :smile:

Many thanks!
    Staff Post
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

Could you all please let me know which servers you are having issues on? This is likely caused by traffic lag, though to be sure we'd like to collect server information to begin an investigation just to be safe :smile:

Many thanks!

Hey @ZOS_AntonioP :)

In my case, I'm on NA server. Problem is just with my EP char that it's stuck on Coldharbour.

Cannot logon to her, as character loading screen never finishes.

Process is: login -> char selection screen appears -> you chose char to logon -> screen grays out and a small black window appears that says "LOGGIN IN requesting character load" and just stays there, it never switches to the normal loading screen post character selection, that implies that the area is loading.

It doesn't happen to any of my other chars, not even other EP ones that are in other areas... just this particular one that's in Coldharbour.

Edited by leeux on August 23, 2016 1:45AM

My chars
    I only PvP on AD chars

• jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭

been here since beta and every time there is a patch i have a long load time jsut to get to character select then another one to get IN to the game but after that it is fine.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • NSObject
    NSObject
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

Many thanks!

@ZOS_AntonioP

Mac/PC - North America. Unloadable character is in Coldharbour, EP. All other characters are apparently unaffected and load fine.

Support reference number is 160822-002510
    Edited by NSObject on August 23, 2016 2:34AM
  • icebladess
    icebladess
    ✭✭
    On the NA server, having problems trying to go into Greenshade
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My sister's having this issue on an alt in Coldharbor. EP NA-PC
    PC-NA
  • Fellon
    Fellon
    Soul Shriven
    DC character in Greenshade is stuck on loading.