The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Vestige - How it will all end.

JD2013
JD2013
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Okay, so, we know that historically the protagonist of an Elder Scrolls games have gotten some kind of closure, albeit sometimes a little ambiguous.

For example, the Nerevarine apparently left to journey to Akavir, the Hero of Kvatch became the next Sheogorath, and the Dragonborn ... It's kind of implied that he became a servant of Hermaeus Mora. Kind of. Though, for example, the Hero of Fate from Daggerfall's ultimate fate was kind of open.

How do you picture it panning out for The Vestige? What ultimate fate do you think will befall him/her, or, for Roleplayers, how would you want The Vestige's story to end?
Edited by JD2013 on August 22, 2016 4:25PM
Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
Order of Sithis
The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • BadLuckCharm
    BadLuckCharm
    ✭✭✭
    Same as every good adventure story: Rocks die, everyone falls.
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same as every good adventure story: Rocks die, everyone falls.

Well, that certainly is true. Everyone falls eventually.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

Options
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Growing old and vanishing into the mists of history, in my own little back story she's half elven, half nord and given the amount of time related magic you get exposed to that might be quite some time
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Growing old and vanishing into the mists of history, in my own little back story she's half elven, half nord and given the amount of time related magic you get exposed to that might be quite some time

See, I really like the thought of The Vestige just growing old and fading into the mists of time. It would be kind of beautifully poetic, given all he/she has done and will do.

Half Elf and half Nord? I like that mix! :#
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

Options
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Despite recovering it, Molag Bal maintains his claim over the Vestige's soul out of spite and, when they're old and vulnerable, the God of Schemes drags them to Coldharbour to wander the wastes for eternity.

is my speculation
    Edited by Browiseth on August 22, 2016 4:47PM
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
    Options
  • Burning_Talons
    Burning_Talons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I am actually Akatosh reincarnate
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browiseth wrote: »
    Despite recovering their it, Molag Bal maintains his claim over the Vestige's soul out of spite and, when they're old and vulnerable, the God of Schemes drags them to Coldharbour to wander the wastes for eternity.

is my speculation

Ooooh I like that. That's a dark ending for The Vestige.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

Options
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Browiseth wrote: »
    Despite recovering their it, Molag Bal maintains his claim over the Vestige's soul out of spite and, when they're old and vulnerable, the God of Schemes drags them to Coldharbour to wander the wastes for eternity.

is my speculation

well, that's not so bad.... get to hang out with cadwell
    Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Vestige becomes Cadwell
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »

k8DQE_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=starbucks&i=frappuccino-brands&l=category&f=.gif

I ... Never thought of that as a possibility .... That is also a great idea!
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

Options
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You what really grinds my gears?

The fact that the lore stated that there is only one vestige. There would make much more sense that they were many of them.

Concerning the alliance war, all wars needs windows of oportunity to start, to have good amount of disposible manpower (since vestiges don't really die) would really set up a great background of a war of this proportion.

Also, concerning in game, would be much more immersive to actually to know that they are other vestiges out there and that that you actually needs to work together to defeat molag bal. It would also explain why there is so many people entering and leaving the harborage :D.

Well, but I think that the devs already missed that, unfortunatelly.

“Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
    Options
  • Taternater
    Taternater
    ✭✭✭
    If I died and Molag Bal sent my soul to Coldharbour, I'd head to Hollow City, pick some herbs, and use the wayshrine to get back.

Naturally I'd be singing, "Take me down to the Hollow City, where the herbs are green and the flowers are pretty!".
    Options
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I hope it's left open-ended, up to the player to decide their Vestige's fate.

I like to think mine is inspired to become a healer after everything he's seen; and I like the idea of him growing old and fading away in time, too. I almost expect Molag Bal will try and take some kind of revenge at some point though, to ruin an otherwise peaceful retirement.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taternater wrote: »
    If I died and Molag Bal sent my soul to Coldharbour, I'd head to Hollow City, pick some herbs, and use the wayshrine to get back.

Naturally I'd be singing, "Take me down to the Hollow City, where the herbs are green and the flowers are pretty!".

Haha. I approve!
    ListerJMC wrote: »
    Honestly I hope it's left open-ended, up to the player to decide their Vestige's fate.

I like to think mine is inspired to become a healer after everything he's seen; and I like the idea of him growing old and fading away in time, too. I almost expect Molag Bal will try and take some kind of revenge at some point though, to ruin an otherwise peaceful retirement.

Yeah, I would love just a normal retirement too, but I don't think Molag will let defeat lie . . .
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

Options
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remember what Molag Bal and Meridia say at the end of main story, Bal might not necessarily hold a grudge in this regard, to say we didn't get the whole story is a massive understatement >:)
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milvan wrote: »

The fact that the lore stated that there is only one vestige. There would make much more sense that they were many of them.

Concerning the alliance war, all wars needs windows of oportunity to start, to have good amount of disposible manpower (since vestiges don't really die) would really set up a great background of a war of this proportion.

Also, concerning in game, would be much more immersive to actually to know that they are other vestiges out there and that that you actually needs to work together to defeat molag bal. It would also explain why there is so many people entering and leaving the harborage :D.

Yes, I've often thought that it would be better to say time went wonky, the soulburst created a rip in reality, Dragon Break, lots of Vestige running around as opposed to just one.
    Remember what Molag Bal and Meridia say at the end of main story, Bal might not necessarily hold a grudge in this regard, to say we didn't get the whole story is a massive understatement >:)

There definitely is story continuation coming, we just don't know when. :'(
    Edited by JD2013 on August 22, 2016 4:58PM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

Options
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Which is impossible because the Vestige is immortal.

Options
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the idea of the vestige doing what he/she talked with Titanborn about.. quietly slipping away unnoticed when the war ends, living peacefully somewhere and slowly fading out from history.. Leaves us with an open ending to suit our individual fantasies
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is The Vestige definitely immortal? I mean, I know that without a soul, he/she couldn't die properly, but we do get our soul back, so are we still immortal with our soul?
    Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

Options
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Milvan wrote: »

Yes, I've often thought that it would be better to say time went wonky, the soulburst created a rip in reality, Dragon Break, lots of Vestige running around as opposed to just one.

hmmm you sounds like a sunbro. \[ T ]/
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
    Options
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Is The Vestige definitely immortal? I mean, I know that without a soul, he/she couldn't die properly, but we do get our soul back, so are we still immortal with our soul?
    Your body is made of Azure Plasm, getting your soul back doesn't change the material you are made of.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on August 22, 2016 5:03PM
    Options
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The vestige isn't immortal, Varen himself says we are temporary, the time shenanigans are via a Daedric prince not because we are the vestige, the whole reason we need our soul back is because as your told in the first talk with the prophet, you are a temporary thing that cannot long endure.

The clock is ticking, as it were
    Options
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The vestige isn't immortal, Varen himself says we are temporary, the time shenanigans are via a Daedric prince not because we are the vestige, the whole reason we need our soul back is because as your told in the first talk with the prophet, you are a temporary thing that cannot long endure.

The clock is ticking, as it were
    So why do you keep coming back to life? you are made of Azure Plasm, the same stuff Dremora are made of, also maybe your vestige isn't but all of mine are vampires.

Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on August 22, 2016 5:05PM
    Options
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only real logical choice is the fading into the obscurity and forgotten by history. I mean, none of what's happening is mentioned later in the timeline, so the Vestige has to be forgotten!

I WOULD like to add, however, that it'd be cool if the Vestige is canonically a woman. Just saying.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
    Options
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That, my good friend is a little bit of magic called game mechanics :)
    Options
  • Andarne
    Andarne
    ✭✭✭

k8DQE_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=starbucks&i=frappuccino-brands&l=category&f=.gif

I ... Never thought of that as a possibility .... That is also a great idea!

Self-fulfilling Prophecy, that would be.
    Andarne [PC-EU]
    Falvis Beran - Ebonheart Pact Loyalist - Redoran Battlemage
    ALMSIVI, grant Mercy. ALMSIVI, grant Mystery. ALMSIVI, grant Mastery. Blessed are we that serve ALMSIVI.

Twitter | Darny3D | Beta Tester 2014 & 2017
    Options
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hence, we get his jolly chapeau!
    Our chapeau!

He gives his kettle to himself!
    Edited by Cryptical on August 22, 2016 5:07PM
    Xbox NA
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your body is made of Azure Plasm, getting your soul back doesn't change the material you are made of.

Yes, I wondered if our bodies are indeed made of Azure Plasm and what that actually means. Like Dremora etc if we die, we will just keep reforming.

Sweetrolls for all!

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

Options
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That, my good friend is a little bit of magic called game mechanics :)
    They wouldn't of tried to make a lore explanation for it if it were.

Options
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We died before we even started playing. After we get our souls back we will slowly fade away, I suppose.
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
    Options