Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Archer's Mind + Vicecannon + Shadowstrike

Amdar_Godkiller
Amdar_Godkiller
✭✭✭✭✭
I know these are mostly considered PVE sets/skills, but proccing shadowstrike is incredibly easy, as all it takes is a medium attack that kills to do so. So I was wondering about
a possible synergy here, and hope one of you has the answer I need.

Shadowstrike

(Unlocked at The Shadow Rank 120) After killing a target with a Heavy Attack, enter Stealth for 2.5 seconds. This can only happen once every 5 seconds.

Archer's Mind

(2 items) Adds 967 Max Stamina

(3 items) Adds 688 Weapon Critical

(4 items) Adds 688 Weapon Critical

(5 items) Critical Damage increased by 5% when not attacking from stealth. Attacking from stealth increases Critical Damage by 10% more.

Vicecannon of Venom Set

(2 items) Adds 967 Max Stamina

(3 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage

(4 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery

(5 items) Your attacks from stealth inject a leeching poison that deals 13936 (around 17.5K with 100 CP in mighty) Poison Damage over 15 seconds and heals you for the damage done.

1. Can the Vicecannon effect be stacked? In other words could you attack either the same target or a different target to proc this twice? If not, can you proc it again if you re-enter stealth while the first DOT is running.

2. I've heard crit chance is calculated in real-time, so your Dots will crit in relation to whchever bar is active during the DOT, so If I have a DOT out, and then proc Archer's Mind, will the 15% bonus to crit damage affect them immediately?

3. Would Overload proc Shadowstrike on a Stam Sorc? I can't tell because I'm basically only half-visible anyway.

4.. How often would Vicecannon need to proc to beat out the Viper Set?

5. Is Archer's mind additive to Crit damage modifier or does it affect multiplicatively?
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Vice cannon cannot stack, if your going for a ganking build go 5x alch instead.

2. Yes.

3. If you heavy attack with overload it would or it should, never really used this passive.

4. Vice cannon is bugged currently so it proc's off cloak also you can't really compare a instant dmg set to a small dot set, though if viper proc's on cooldown which is easy to do viper > damage.

5. Crit damage is additive.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Vice cannon cannot stack, if your going for a ganking build go 5x alch instead.

2. Yes.

3. If you heavy attack with overload it would or it should, never really used this passive.

4. Vice cannon is bugged currently so it proc's off cloak also you can't really compare a instant dmg set to a small dot set, though if viper proc's on cooldown which is easy to do viper > damage.

Thanks for the feedback.

The idea was for PVE, and I know how that sounds when talking about a set that procs off stealth, but I've been messing
    with the Shadowstrike passive and it literally procs every time you hold light attack for half of a second and it results in a dead squirrel, so I'm confident that I'd be able to proc Shadowstrike quite frequently with overload, and then proc the other two
    for big damage if they, a) work correctly, and b) if the crit damage boost applies to the poison proc. It sounds like archer's mind might work well with it , but probably not VC. TBS it is then.
  • Sarjako
    Sarjako
    ✭✭✭

2. Yes.

Thanks for the feedback.

The idea was for PVE, and I know how that sounds when talking about a set that procs off stealth, but I've been messing
    with the Shadowstrike passive and it literally procs every time you hold light attack for half of a second and it results in a dead squirrel, so I'm confident that I'd be able to proc Shadowstrike quite frequently with overload, and then proc the other two
    for big damage if they, a) work correctly, and b) if the crit damage boost applies to the poison proc. It sounds like archer's mind might work well with it , but probably not VC. TBS it is then.

Did this work for ya? Necro thread ;x
    XBX1 NA
    Healplar / StamDK-Tank / Stamblade / Magblade
    CP 810
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never got around to trying it. I ended up gearing my stam sorc differently, but it's been awhile since I've played as him. Too many patches to be particularly useful currently.

It's probably not an ideal setup, however, because the crit damage buff for archer's mind, just isn't enough of a DPS increase overall.