The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

shutdown black screen

catsgomeow
catsgomeow
✭✭✭
Almost a third of the time or perhaps less when i go to shut the game down i just get a black screen and eso still runs, i have to go into task manager on the second screen to actually shut the process down, i thought this was fixed.
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates !
  • peniku8
    peniku8
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem but it's 100% of the time. I use ALT+F4 now, that works at least.
    Leader of the Akatosh Imperium, Guildmaster of

Traders of the Ebonheart
    Pact Veteran Trade
    Pact Veteran Trade II

Ambassador of the
    Knights of Akatosh

PC EU
    HODOR
    Youtube
    Flawless Conqueror - Ophidian Overlord - Boethia's Scythe, I want an achievement for having 500k dps!
  • Hektik_V
    Hektik_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am having this exact same issue. I only have one screen so I can't even open task manager and force kill ESO.
    Das Hektik
    Hektik V
    Hektiksaurus
    Hekspawn

@HEKT1K
  • GeertKarel
    GeertKarel
    ✭✭✭
    I had a black screen on login screen... still could see my ui etc.. but my screen was just black.
    I was put on the wrong resolution. So i changed it to 1920x1080 and it was fixed.
    Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor
  • Aliniel
    Aliniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    This issue is happening to me now as well. When I exit the game, time count comes to zero and ESO shuts down... into a black screen. I have to go to Task Manager to end the task which is a pain with a single monitor.
    I think this might have started happening ever since I started playing PvP and exiting game in Cyrodiil. If I notice when/why this happens I'll post more information in here.
  • MishMash
    MishMash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same issue. I am getting so tired of it. If anyone has figured out what is causing it PLMK. I can hit the windows key (sometimes) and bring up my task bar, but that is about it (you cannot access anything though).
    PC NA DC 4eva! I try my very best. If it is not good enough for you too bad! Playing off and on since April 2014 CP2009.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed a delay sometimes in getting the game to fully exit but no problems in actually exiting

Have you tried to do this with no Addons to see if one of them is causing the hang up?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"