Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crafting sets fast.

watts320
watts320
✭✭✭
I just wannna get some insight on crafting. I see tons n tons of people daily walkin round with gear sets. Now they either had them done for them or they made them. I wanna make mine. Is it possible to buy off a guild trader with the trait i need to research n then take that item i bought such as a robe and research it? Or does it have to be from stuff ive looted of corpes? Is this the fastest to gettin myself to crafting sets? Thanks
  • Kraynic
    Kraynic
    ✭✭
    I don't think it matters what the source is. If you are in a guild, you could probably get someone to craft you some gear for research as long as you provide materials. The main thing is to get started on research as early as possible, because gear sets require a certain number of traits unlocked to be able to craft them.

If you have 2 traits researched on a piece of gear, you could craft that piece as part of the Ashen Grip set (as an example), but you couldn't craft that piece as a part of Hunding's Rage, because it requires you to have 6 traits researched.

Here is a list of sets. If you click on the crafted tab, it will list them in order of lowest to highest trait requirement.ESO Sets

I don't remember where all I got crafting info when starting, but I know this video has some info. It is long and from a fast scan of it, the info you might be interested in probably starts around 25 minutes in.
    Heroofnone Crafting Guide
  • Jciampi
    Jciampi
    ✭✭✭
    Finding gear on enemies is cheaper. But when I have cash and need items to research I hit up guild traders and try to only spend under 500 for an item, under 250 usually. Nirnhoned cost much more obviously. However you get the item didn't matter in the end. Just that your research it. Stolen, looted, or bought. All the same

Like was said. Start research early in game
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may find some helpful or interesting info here. And yes, you can research traits off any item with the trait, whether it came to you directly or was crafted by another player or was a named item or purchased from a trader.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Look around for a good guild. One of my guilds make all research items for other guildies for free. If someone wants nirn items, all they have to do is send one of the crafters the nirncrux. The crafting is free.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most of my researching was done on gear found or looted from NPC's I killed while questing. By the time you get to your 6th or 7th item you have plenty of time to find more gear. I ended up buying the last few items I could not find anywhere but by then I had plenty of gold so it wasn't an issue.

The challenge is always the nirnhoned items and for that you are better off being in a guild and you might find someone who will make the stuff for you if you get the materials - it would be expensive buying it all. I had a friend who traded perfect roe, gold tempers, kutas and other high value commodities for nirnhoned gear to do his research.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.