The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there an addon that offers keybinding to specific individual gameplay settings?

fgoron2000
fgoron2000
✭✭✭✭
I checked here, and checked esoui.com, but didn't find anything that would do what I was looking for. I know that there are a number of addon's to enhance the autoloot functions, however what I want to be able to do is to use a bound hotkey to toggle the autoloot stolen items on/off. Now, I don't mean like a Shift key, but instead like a CapsLock, so that you tap the key, and it stays enabled until you tap it again. There are sometimes areas that you don't need to crouch in, to loot stolen items undetected, and this would come in really handy. I know of 2 such areas and I expect that there are others out there as well...

Beyond this, the idea could be expanded to other on/off settings in audio/video/gameplay/social, etc

Any thoughts?

Best Answer

• thehornydovahkiin
    thehornydovahkiin
    Soul Shriven
    I'm sure that there is an option to bind hotkeys to things, I use it to toggle UI off to take screenshots. It probably doesn't solve all those problems but maybe it can help. It's in settings, of course. (those settings you open when you are logged in on a certain character and click esc)

It is useful to toggle stuff but I don't know anything about addons.
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure that there is an option to bind hotkeys to things, I use it to toggle UI off to take screenshots. It probably doesn't solve all those problems but maybe it can help. It's in settings, of course. (those settings you open when you are logged in on a certain character and click esc)

It is useful to toggle stuff but I don't know anything about addons.

Thanks very much...I haven't found a binding yet specifically for the auto-steal yet, but I'll keep looking...

Frank
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not very hard to do. Will release in few days, but only settings with on/off options for now.
    Edited by Ayantir on September 5, 2016 3:22PM
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ayantir wrote: »
    Not very hard to do. Will release in few days, but only settings with on/off options for now.

cool...that's actually exactly what I'd want...I've been using autoloot a lot more, now that I've discovered it <g>...no reason not to...but I keep getting caught with the autoloot for stolen items on, forgetting to turn it off after I'm done with it, and I gotta run or hide, or take a dip in the water <g>...
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts are that the crouch and uncrouch essentially do the exact same thing as what you want.
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts are that the crouch and uncrouch essentially do the exact same thing as what you want.

sorry, nope...crouch & uncrouch starts with animation, then on top of that, moving while crouched is slower than uncrouched. So you have both a detection and a speed factor to consider. What I'm talking about, is when you're somewhere that you're not detected when stealing, even though you're uncrouched. I hesitate to specify a location, for fear that it gets nerf'd, but I'm sure that many players know of such locations. It's much quicker to autoloot containers when moving from one to the next without crouching, so if the autoloot stolen items is turned on, then you can autoloot containers with stolen loot as quickly as you can autoloot containers with non-stolen loot.
  • Bryanonymous
    Bryanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fgoron2000 wrote: »

sorry, nope...crouch & uncrouch starts with animation, then on top of that, moving while crouched is slower than uncrouched. So you have both a detection and a speed factor to consider. What I'm talking about, is when you're somewhere that you're not detected when stealing, even though you're uncrouched. I hesitate to specify a location, for fear that it gets nerf'd, but I'm sure that many players know of such locations. It's much quicker to autoloot containers when moving from one to the next without crouching, so if the autoloot stolen items is turned on, then you can autoloot containers with stolen loot as quickly as you can autoloot containers with non-stolen loot.

Oh, ok.
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    fgoron2000 wrote: »

Oh, ok.

Unfortunately, I keep forgetting to turn the autoloot stolen items off, then 10 or 15 minutes later, I forgot that I'd been using it, go to check a container to see what's in there, and suddenly I get caught...so if there's a hotkey to toggle that one setting off & on, it's both quicker & easier than having to remember to go into the settings to turn it on/off...you toggle it on, clear out your deserted street, unoccupied room, what have you, toggle it back off, and you're safe till the next opportunity, while still continuing to autoloot normal containers...<g>
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ayantir wrote: »

Ayantir,

Don't know how to thank you, this is exactly what I had hoped for, in fact it's much more, seeing that you included all the ON/OFF settings as well...this may help other players as well as myself...thanks again

Frank