The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Severe Stuttering After Losing Old Usersettings.txt File

IcyDeadPeople
IcyDeadPeople
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Recently upgraded my laptop from Win7 to Windows 10. For a long time, I have experienced low frame rate in Cyrodiil and occasional stuttering when attacked by multiple enemy players at once, or when opening UI menus, etc., but now I have a very severe stuttering issue.

Upon initially upgrading to Windows 10, I was able to preserve the UserSettings.txt file, and my ESO performance was about the same, perhaps slightly better compared to Windows 7.

After a couple days, however, my PC crashed and I had to restore an earlier Windows 10 installation without ESO. After installing ESO again, I no longer had my usersettings.txt file.

At this point I began to notice severe stuttering, especially in Cyrodiil, but even in PVE areas. I believe there must be some setting in UserSettings.txt file that is different which is now causing the stuttering.

I've tried many tweaks and can't figure out how to get rid of this stuttering issue.

I've tried disabling all add-ons, changing SET MaxCoresToUse, SET RequestedNumJobThreads, SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads, SET CachedRLREnabled, SET GPUSmoothingFrames, with no luck.

Any suggestions?

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on August 20, 2016 2:23PM