The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Character face bug (?) after 1.6 update

Vorchack
Since downloading the update my characters' facial appearances have changed significantly. My pretty dunmer is now so ugly that I've had to turn off the "hide helmet" toggle. Has anyone else experienced this with any of their characters? It's affecting both the characters I actually use (I can't comment on my mule, he wasn't pretty to begin with).

(I sincerely hope this is just a bug and not anything more sinister, given that this update provided the option to change appearance for 1,000 crowns a time ... )
  • meba
    meba
    ✭✭
    Interesting. You don't happen to have any screen captures of her countenance, before the patch?
    playstation/na • òbłìvîón
  • dasMomolein
    dasMomolein
    Soul Shriven
    YES! All of my female characters have had significant changes to their faces! My once neutral looking Nord has an incredibly sharp down-turned mouth to the point that it's a cartoonish frown. All of my characters' eyebrows are lower and their mouths are more downturned.

EDIT: I was able to find the cause of this. When using a crafting station, the character's face will become serious. However, when leaving the stations, their faces are not put back to normal.
    Edited by dasMomolein on August 19, 2016 6:05PM
  • Vorchack
    YES! All of my female characters have had significant changes to their faces! My once neutral looking Nord has an incredibly sharp down-turned mouth to the point that it's a cartoonish frown. All of my characters' eyebrows are lower and their mouths are more downturned.

EDIT: I was able to find the cause of this. When using a crafting station, the character's face will become serious. However, when leaving the stations, their faces are not put back to normal.

Yes, this is exactly what I'm seeing! Except for me the problem persists after leaving the craftng station, at least until I log out and back in. I guess it's just a bug with the crafting animation in that case. Thanks for the reply! :)
  • Vorchack
    meba wrote: »
    Interesting. You don't happen to have any screen captures of her countenance, before the patch?

Annoyingly I don't have any pre-update caps of my main in which you can actually see her face, but I managed to find one of my alt. The resolution's not the best but the original clearly shows the upward mouth curve selected at character creation, and the recent ones ... well. O_o

Before update:
    Cm75agVWcAAyDxw.jpg:large

After update:
    CqQSYypW8AANi1H.jpg:large
    CqQSiNUWIA8Zru6.jpg:large
    CqQRnzRWYAABqVg.jpg:large

Edited by Vorchack on August 19, 2016 10:11PM
  • Schizoid-man
    Schizoid-man
    ✭✭
    Happening to me too. As a quick fix, turning a personality on, then off, corrects it though. Don't want to have to keep doing that though.
  • Xerosus
    Xerosus
    ✭✭✭
    It happens whenever you activate a crafting table, among other things. The easiest fix is going into the crown store, you character's expression resets instantly.
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xerosus wrote: »
    It happens whenever you activate a crafting table, among other things. The easiest fix is going into the crown store, you character's expression resets instantly.

That sounds...Like something they may have done intentionally just because the only cure is the crown store.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Vorchack
    Just to add a further note on this, I noticed last night that my characters' faces retain the facial expressions associated with emotes, as well; whichever emote is used, the character's face will stay stuck in the expression that goes with it until something else (like using another emote or accessing a crafting table) forces it to change. Weird.

Edit: Can confirm that accessing the Crown Store resets the face
    Edited by Vorchack on August 20, 2016 9:08AM