Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Silks of the Sun and ?? For a Fire Mage

DUTCH_REAPER
DUTCH_REAPER
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello,

Avid mDK'er here looking for some guidance from fellow fire mages for PVE end game content on gear.

Currently my trials guy is running 5 Julianos / 5 silks of the sun and a molag kena shoulder All gold. (I really miss running with my Skoria set and may need to figure something out to edge it back in there)

Anyways a fellow guildie said I should ditch Juilanos and get TBS to replace it. Can anyone confirm that this is the way to go as far as gear for max dps on a fire Mage now? I just want to be able to get the most out of my gear and if swapping to TBS will do that than so be it. But if it's negligible than no I won't.

Just curious and thank you for your time.
Edited by DUTCH_REAPER on August 19, 2016 3:45AM
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A fellow guildie said I should ditch Juilanos and get TBS to replace it. Can anyone confirm that this is the way to go as far as gear for max dps on a fire Mage now? I just want to be able to get the most out of my gear and if swapping to TBS will do that than so be it. But if it's negligible than no I won't.

TBS (with Shadow and Thief) tops dps in an organized raid setting with high Aggressive Warhorn uptime.

Julianos follows closely behind. However, Julianos will likely outperform TBS in an unorganized raid, or in 4-man content, where there is less uptime of Aggressive Warhorn.

It's probably a good idea to have both a TBS set and Julianos set, if you can afford it.
    Edited by Totalitarian on August 19, 2016 4:02AM
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well...I was looking for an excuse to make the new tron motifs lol guess this will do.