The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Killing a Stamplar on a Mag Sorc

WreckfulAbandon
WreckfulAbandon
✭✭✭✭✭
1507567307009659823.png

Sure the fight might have taken 10 minutes, but it's the journey that counts. I don't normally enjoy fights that last that long but in these cases my hatred sustains me <3
PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Rilmarshim
    Rilmarshim
    ✭✭✭
    What special about it? I can imagine fight of magplar and magblade or mag sorc vs mag dk, but what special in stamplar vs mag sorc?
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dr_Talos wrote: »
    What special about it? I can imagine fight of magplar and magblade or mag sorc vs mag dk, but what special in stamplar vs mag sorc?

There is literally no way to kill them if they manage their rss right. They can dodge everything with rolling and evasion, as well as purge curse. Pretty much the only way to kill a good stamplar is to time your burst and hope he messes up before you do. Plus javelin is annoying :/

I've been on both sides of the dance as my best toon is a sorc and my 2nd is a stamplar.
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With equal skill and builds Stamplar vs mag sorc is at best a stalemate for the mag sorc. tbh, mag sorc is pretty hard countered by stam dk, mag dk, stamplar.

On my stamplar, if I find a sorc that camps his mines just right, and uses them in conjunction with LoS, he can fight me to a stalemate, but they're not really a threat because when you can purge curse and dodge frags with no sustain issues he has no way to hurt you.

On my mag sorc, I have to be very crafty with mines and hope the stamplar goes too hard on offense and forgets to purge a curse, while in melee range, walking through mines, and I can frag him when he doesn't have time to react. That's a best case.
  • Rilmarshim
    Rilmarshim
    ✭✭✭
    The most epic duel I saw was between tho magplars in heavy armor.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    With equal skill and builds Stamplar vs mag sorc is at best a stalemate for the mag sorc. tbh, mag sorc is pretty hard countered by stam dk, mag dk, stamplar.

On my stamplar, if I find a sorc that camps his mines just right, and uses them in conjunction with LoS, he can fight me to a stalemate, but they're not really a threat because when you can purge curse and dodge frags with no sustain issues he has no way to hurt you.

On my mag sorc, I have to be very crafty with mines and hope the stamplar goes too hard on offense and forgets to purge a curse, while in melee range, walking through mines, and I can frag him when he doesn't have time to react. That's a best case.

Pretty much all this. What I don't get is how stamplars can purge curse after curse whitout running out of mag..
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Mac10murda
    Mac10murda
    ✭✭✭
    If there in there rune focus they get a little extra mag regen