Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Mats after reaching 2nd Alliance

2ndcovenant_ESO
Hi folks,

I have one main crafter and he can make the 8th rank of blacksmithing & woodworking, and rank 9 (Yay Motifs! lol) in clothing, but officially, hopefully, today I will finish the Main Quest. This is my first CP character and I am really excited although I wish he was a different class and race, he's just not as fun as I'd like. He's a BA though in AoE damage and can take out mobs like cutting butter with a hot dagger. In Coldharbour though, the highest ranked mats that I find are yew, ebonweave, and ebony ore. I know that some people have mentioned that the highest materials that a character can make can be found in DLC areas, so I get that. My question is: after getting to CP 10, etc., and getting access to the 2nd Alliance (i am trying not to give spoilers), do the newly started beginning areas, like bal foyen (if going from AD to Pact), give the "next rank" materials? or does the new starting area stay at maple, iron, and linen? I saw a chart on a website when search eso wood locations and it Seemed to indicate that CP ranked starting area nodes have CP ranked materials, once again split up by zone. By that I mean that if you start your 2nd alliance in Bal Foyen for instance, it's a beginner zone so the nodes would drop around CP10 materials. I am hoping that's the case although even I can easily admit Wrothgar and other DLC will more readily drop the right mats for levelling professions.
"*** Chi: A brave man likes the feel of nature on his face, Jack.
Egg Shen: Yeah, and a wise man has enough sense to get in out of the rain!" - Big Trouble in Little China