Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Noob Question - All 7/7 light armour?

leothedino
leothedino
✭✭✭✭
Years of MMOs have drummed it into me to be all in one armour type. But looking into my Destruction Magicka Breton Sorc and I am actually wondering what is the bonus to 7/7 light armour? I am not levelling anymore and with at least 5 pieces I cover the core needs... should I actually take two in heavy. if anything for surviving vets and trials? Does this apply to all the armour types too, is it good to mix?
Edited by leothedino on August 18, 2016 8:39AM
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... in endgame its good to use 5, 1, 1 (light, heavy, medium), becouse of undaunted passives which grants you 2% hp/magica/stamina for each TYPE of armor equiped.

So...
    run 5, 1, 1
    Edited by jeedrzej on August 18, 2016 8:42AM
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ this is correct @leothedino however untill you level undaunted and unlock the Mettle passive you get nothing back from the 1 med, 1 heavy. Aside a smidge more armour. So until then 7 LA just gives your more bonus from the LA passives as its per piece of armour.

In terms of protection, wards are Sorc's go to for defence. (class ability, and LA option) timers have been nerfed but for PvP they are the same really. So I argue it like this :-

Early leveling run 5 1 1 or 5 2h for some protection. Then once you unlock the LA passives and wards switch to 7. Then make a call when you have undaunted fully unlocked if you want the 2% bar boosts or the per piece gains from the LA passive trees.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you look at the light armor passives on the light armor skill line, you'll see that some of them are based on the number of light armor pieces you have equipped.

Five is the magic number, because it's the minimum number of pieces you need to unlock the final passives in each of the skill lines. For light armor, you're able to unlock a passive that gives a flat number of spell penetration.

So having more than 5 pieces of light armor will give you additional spell resistance, magicka recovery, and reduced magicka cost.

What you sacrifice are the passives that you'll be eligible for with heavy armor pieces and the additional armor value you'll get from wearing heavy.

End game, you'll want 5-1-1 with max undaunted. Typically, people run 5 light and 2 heavy (for PvE) until they have it maxed out.
  • leothedino
    leothedino
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for this advice guys, all of you.