The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

BWB and what makes it fun!

The_Mort_You_Know
Personally for me I like the build brewing. In vet you have access to everything, so there is a tenancy to stream line the perfect setup for a couple of specific builds, that becomes the meta and that's that. But with BWB there's so many limitations so you have to get creative. How you lvl your skills, what skills are you going to need before you want to upgrade your gear again, how often you want to upgrade and when a different different set might be suitable and so on. I dunno, it's just really exciting when that light bulb goes off for another build, at least for me. That's why I never have any gold lol, I'm always wasting matts on failed build. But damn its fun!
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This right here is why I choose to stay in BwB. It takes thought and effort and a lot of experimenting. Good times.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. No overcalculations bogging the server to hell and back.
    2. Fewer incredibly broken things abused by the whole server *cough* malubeths *cough.* Less actual exploiting, too, as far as I can see.
    3. Actually having to chose between sustain and burst, instead of having your cake and eating it too, thanks to a pointless vertical endgame "progression" system.
    4. Meeting and helping new people and players.
    5. Wonky builds still being functional in certain contexts.
    6. Zergs are usually a full raid plus assorted pugs, not 3+ raids plus pugs. Small man is 6 people, not 12 people.
    7. Werewolf OP.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • mcurley
    mcurley
    ✭✭✭
    7. Werewolf OP.

o.O
    For the Covenant!
    Svvord - magicka NB
    Lavv - magicka DK
    Povver - stamina NB
    Psylint - stamina NB
    Yelruc - magicka Sorc
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent an age in BWB, and it was great for all the reasons listed. I'd add naked players horse surfing and playing effectively to the list ;)

Almost as good as the re-institution of softcaps.

I have soo many alts from remianing in BWB.. Can I return now with the updates? That'd be nice... I could be leveled down or whatever.
    Edited by QuebraRegra on August 16, 2016 8:27PM
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    ye bwb is very nice coz u gotta make the right choices thru the journey + the pace is chilled out coz ppl don't have fast horses. also u can help train nooblets.....
  • Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup. It's so much better imo. More balance. Less lag. More creative builds and build diversity.

I do have vets. But I re-roll all the time and stay in BWB.
  • The_Mort_You_Know
    I keep hearing you guys say WW is OP, but I haven't heard the ins and outs of it. Being burned by Vamping (pun intended) before I knew what I was doing in BWB, I've been skittish to try WW. Plus I just started playing stam builds and I haven't quite gotten the hang of it yet.
  • Chori
    Chori
    ✭✭✭✭
    4. Melting and helping new people and players.

Thats why people play on non vet, and thats why people used to play on non vet.

People complained about zergs but non vet was always a zerg without being organized, where experienced players played there to *** on the new ones because they didnt want a better challenge on vet. Proof of this is in the amount of people leaving non vet after the campaign went non CP.
    EP NA-PC - Invictus - Odem Mortis
    1. Stamina NB Cat - ChoriB'Good
    2. Magicka NB High Elf - Lîndara
    3. Stam Sorc High Elf - Lindara Moonlight
    4. Red Guard Stamina DK - Chorî
    5. Red Guard Stamina Templar - Choripaninikinnie
    6. Magplar High Elf - Vagitarian Sillonour
    Don't tell me you lag, I play with 200-300 ms all the time ^_^
  • Freakquent
    Freakquent
    ✭✭
    I like that it's hard to one-shot people in it (without a dedicated 1 shot build), in Azuras/CP campaigns it's fairly easy to die in one to two shots. In BWB, Impenetrable isn't as important as the other campaigns.
    CP400+
    PC/NA PVP: BWB, Trueflame, Haderus & Azura's
    Typically known as Eunil - Peio - Dobrev
    Pugz - Imperial Trade Union - The Guardians Galore
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Chori , I think nonvet has lost most of the people that were just there to feel good about themselves once CP were removed. I really genuinely feel that the average player in BwB is a stronger player than in Azura's Star. This is a broad generalization, but I feel like Azura's is full of people who said, "I'll wait until I'm max level to PvP." Their lack of PvP experience really, really shows despite their level and gear.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • The_Mort_You_Know
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @Chori , I think nonvet has lost most of the people that were just there to feel good about themselves once CP were removed.

I agree with Adenoma on this. There are a dozen players that are definitely much better and OP than the general populous. Though I think it more comes down to them being there long enough to collect the best gear and figure out the best skills that work for their play style and less about just melting zergs of noobs because they can.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Melting zergs of noobs can be fun too.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • The_Mort_You_Know
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Melting zergs of noobs can be fun too.

LOL I didn't say it wasn't.
  • Setana_Shial
    Setana_Shial
    ✭✭✭
    I keep hearing you guys say WW is OP, but I haven't heard the ins and outs of it. Being burned by Vamping (pun intended) before I knew what I was doing in BWB, I've been skittish to try WW. Plus I just started playing stam builds and I haven't quite gotten the hang of it yet.

WW can be very OP. Again if the player knows how to play it. Additional resistance is one benefit when in WW form. Although there are ways around it.

I had a fight just the other night outside ash, the random out in front of me was fighting a DC player. The DC saw me coming to help the other AD player, popped his WW and wrecked the AD then turned to me. However everything has a counter in BwB. Fortunately for me it clicked just in time and I popped a ability to bypass the additional WW resistance and managed to take him down fast.
    Got to rez the other AD then we died to more DC at the mine lol
    Setana Shial, Marian Shial, Onalia Shial, Alanna Shial
    AD from the beginning, AD till the end
    Guild: Agents of the Dominion
  • TipsyDrow
    TipsyDrow
    ✭✭✭✭

WW can be OP if the person running was smart enough to stay inside the hunting grounds until they maxed WW and got all the skills and passives and they understand the burst combos you MUST use in WW form. On the other hand WW can also be easily beaten. Everything in WW form costs tons of stamina, so what ya do is root,root,root,root, hard CC then kill them. They have to break free and roll dodge which will deplete stam, using their skills costs a ton of stam. Ya get the idea here......run em out of resources and avoid the big hits. Dead WW.
    Oooh, what do we have here? Another scrumptious young plaything straight out of life and into my club? Mmm... you smell new, little boy, like fabric softener dew on freshly mowed Astroturf. Oh, I'm not frightening you, am I, duckling?
    Love, Mistress Pigtails
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm I may have to take my level 18 sorc to blackwater.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one more time, because I can't make an 11th alt just to return to BWB.....

Did they ever get ride of CP in BWB (I hope so)? When ONE TAMIREL comes out, can my 50+ characters be leveled down to play in BWB?

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Did they ever get ride of CP in BWB (I hope so)? When ONE TAMIREL comes out, can my 50+ characters be leveled down to play in BWB?
    They removed CP from BWB a while back. There is also Aszura's Star if you want a non-cp campaign for 50+ characters.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Avenias
    Avenias
    ✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

They removed CP from BWB a while back. There is also Aszura's Star if you want a non-cp campaign for 50+ characters.

Its not as fun as BWB though