Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you abandon a Campaign??

dominic.iraceb14_ESO
I've been locked in this campaign for weeks.. Every 7 days it resets and just starts a new.. Currently there is 7 hours left (it's 10pm at night) and it still takes 100,000 AP/Gold to abandon the campaign? Am I doing something wrong?
  • ShadowFoxx
    Ya, me to. I set mine ( 30 day ) campaign to "Home" instead of guest and now I have those lovely oversized notifications that spam my screen every time someone farts in pvp. If there's a way to turn those off I haven't found it. I sent a ticket/request through the help option to zos but did not get a reply, so I'm grinding 100000ap so I can get rid of those annoying notifications. I like pvp but the Extreme lag I experience is to much for me to continue playing it, not as long as I want to be in a battle of more than 10 or so players anyway......sham really.
  • dominic.iraceb14_ESO
    I hear ya.. As for me.. I like the campaign, but I want to choose another after this one is completed.. But I was told that if I don't abandon, it'll just keep resetting after every 7 days. But in my last post a few weeks again, people told me that the penalty zeros out on the last day?? But there is 7 hours to go and there is still a penalty.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I said in your other thread, you never want to Abandon a campaign unless you don't want a Home Campaign at all (like ShadowFoxx). If you want to change to another campaign, you need to select another campaign to change to, not Abandon the current one. When you have followed through the steps to change campaigns, that is when you will see the reduced cost. There is never a reduced cost for Abandoning campaigns, only for changing to another one.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Asata
    Asata
    ✭✭✭
    Before Hist I never got any lag in PvP but it's virtually unplayable now. I really don't think they should charge players to change campaigns, it's ridiculous. Just put a time limit only.
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    Go to the campaign you want to change to. Set as home. Select change later not now and once current campaign has ended you will be switched out
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NEVER pay to abandon a campaign. If you want to set a new home, just use "set new home" and pay. Otherwise, you'll pay to abandon AND pay for a new home. 250k in total, instead of 150k AP!
  • dominic.iraceb14_ESO
    Enodoc wrote: »
    As I said in your other thread, you never want to Abandon a campaign unless you don't want a Home Campaign at all (like ShadowFoxx). If you want to change to another campaign, you need to select another campaign to change to, not Abandon the current one. When you have followed through the steps to change campaigns, that is when you will see the reduced cost. There is never a reduced cost for Abandoning campaigns, only for changing to another one.

But i can't change to another campaign?? I only have 4 to pick from:
    Truflame – 1 month long
    Azura's Star – 1 month long
    Haderus – 1 week long (which i'm currently locked in)
    Blackwater Blade – 1 week long, under level 50 only

Are you saying that once i select a campaign, i'm stuck in it forever if i choose never to abandon? because at the moment there is no way i can "change" the Haderus campaign, it just keeps resetting and resetting every 7 days.
  • dominic.iraceb14_ESO
    nikigwil wrote: »
    Go to the campaign you want to change to. Set as home. Select change later not now and once current campaign has ended you will be switched out

This option is not available on the NA PC menu..

The only options i have when i go into "Campaign" are:

-Scoring
    -Bonuses
    -Emperorship
    -Abandon (which has an "X" through the icon)
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    No if you go the choose a new campaign you have the option of home or guest. Select home and change later you have to be in that campaign menu.
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-Scoring
    -Bonuses
    -Emperorship

You have to choose a different campaign than your current home one to get the option to switch...
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    It can be confusing if you dont know where the option is. Ive talked a few guildmates through the switch
  • dominic.iraceb14_ESO
    Divinius wrote: »

-Scoring
    -Bonuses
    -Emperorship

You have to choose a different campaign than your current home one to get the option to switch...

Okay... so how about this. I really don't want a different campaign since i like the Haderus campaign.. so how would i go about ending the Haderus Campaign and then getting the options back to join any of the 4 campaigns as a guest?
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    You should be able to stay in haderus and have any of the others as a guest. Same go to any of them select join but as guest not home. You can change guest for free but there is a cooldown to do this.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    But i can't change to another campaign?? I only have 4 to pick from:
    Truflame – 1 month long
    Azura's Star – 1 month long
    Haderus – 1 week long (which i'm currently locked in)
    Blackwater Blade – 1 week long, under level 50 only
    Someone may have to correct me on the button presses, but it works something like this:

Say you want to change to Trueflame:
    1. Highlight Trueflame
    2. Press R to set Trueflame as your Home Campaign
    3. A popup will appear asking whether you want to "Set Now, 150,000 AP", or "Set when Campaign ends, 50 AP"
    4. Press OK to confirm

In the event you want to keep Haderus as your Home campaign and set another campaign as your Guest, change Step 2 to "Press F to set Trueflame as your Guest Campaign". The popup will then tell you that you can't join the leaderboard of a Guest campaign, and that you can't change your Guest campaign again for 4 days.
    Are you saying that once i select a campaign, i'm stuck in it forever if i choose never to abandon? because at the moment there is no way i can "change" the Haderus campaign, it just keeps resetting and resetting every 7 days.
    No, not at all. You just have to choose a different campaign from the list, and set that one as Home or Guest.
    Edited by Enodoc on August 16, 2016 10:22PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • dominic.iraceb14_ESO
    I'll give it a try tonight!