Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Best place to farm raw materials?

imdas
imdas
Hey y'all I'm a new CP 160 and just saw how much material it takes to even create the armor and was wondering where are some of the best places to farm CP 160 materials?
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any of the DLCs - Orsinium, DB, TG
  • Marktoneth3
    Marktoneth3
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't have dlc it would be Cyrodill.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As stated above the DLC zones are great, but usually overcrowded in my opinion.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    just make 150 stuff the difference is not that great
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For CP 160 level materials, plants and ores, definitely Wrothgar (because the area is vast), Hew's Bane and the Gold Coast (because both are smaller in areas, but this good because everything is so confined and you're better off on foot, cause you'll be unmounting every few seconds if you're roaming around on your mount.) Also, ensure you're maxed out or keep pushing to max out on your crafting traits skill bars to level 50 as well as maxing out everything within each crafting skill (i.e. recipe level 6 and improvement 4; level 10 ores, etc..), minus the need to purchase the hirelings.. you don't need to waste your skillpoints to unlock any hirelings. Once you're maxed out, you will be able to get the top of the line materials and ores.
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol'ed
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It uses the same raw materials...just a lesser amount.

Edited by drakhan2002_ESO on August 15, 2016 1:53PM
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or... buy from another player/guild trader. Prices are dropping, and it takes much less time to scrounge up the gold to buy the materials, then it does to farm them yourself.
    PC-EU
  • Lyrander
    Lyrander
    ✭✭✭
    HAHA!

good try. as if i would tell you the secret place :)
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyrander wrote: »
    HAHA!

good try. as if i would tell you the secret place :)

Haaa! There is no dang secret. Those are 3 big places right there smack on the map. Just have to take your happy arse self to those areas and roam.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Might work for basic PVE content, but the difference is significant for PVP and harder dungeons and trials. The difference between success and failure. Don't be put off by the large amounts needed for crafting. It really doesn't take that long to accumulate. I had enough for the gear within two weeks of Wrothgar release, and back then, the nodes WERE rare.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • RavenRoxie
    RavenRoxie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hue Hue's Bane is the best, in my opinion, if you have the dlc. The island is small and it's basically back to back materials very close together. :)
    Phantogram DC | Wood Elf | Magicka Nightblade/ | DPS | 856cp
    False Paradox | AD | Wood Elf | Non Combative Nightblade | Crafter | 856cp
    @RoxieParadoxx | Twitch | Twitter
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we please stop pretending like any of this is a great big secret? Those of you going shush or haha "as if I would tell you my spot" are not unique snowflakes in possession of a major secret. Old Orsinium, Wayrest Sewers. Pretty much everyone knows it. Can everyone please all stop pretending that they are the special little flowers who know?
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Lyrander
    Lyrander
    ✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    Can we please stop pretending like any of this is a great big secret? Those of you going shush or haha "as if I would tell you my spot" are not unique snowflakes in possession of a major secret. Old Orsinium, Wayrest Sewers. Pretty much everyone knows it. Can everyone please all stop pretending that they are the special little flowers who know?

uhm....no joking allowed obviously....

Epona the great great has spoken....i will obey.

pffffffffffffffffffffffffff
  • TheDarkoil
    TheDarkoil
    ✭✭✭
    Wrothgar has an insane amount of mats everywhere.
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well.. Epona222 may have just missed the joke and it may have just flew right over the head. No harm done..
  • Lyrander
    Lyrander
    ✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »

Well.. Epona222 may have just missed the joke and it may have just flew right over the head. No harm done..

sigh ._.

you are right.

next time i put in "/sarcasm"...but that will make it less funny...
  • Dromede
    Dromede
    ✭✭✭✭

sigh ._.

you are right.

It really is not that funny given that half the people mean it for real.
    Skye Cloude - Sorc DPS, Master Crafter. Main, the bestest
    Lae Lenne - Templar Healer Trial grade.
    Dromede - Stamina Nightblade, she's a newb and doesn't know what she's doing
    V'oghatta - Stamplar pretending to be a tank
    Ulville Thonvella - aspiring Fire Mage, be careful around her fire sticks!
    Dromedaris - lost and not found. Named after a shoe, what else can you expect from her? A proper tank in her wildest dreams
    Swims-Naked - too pretty to grind, too silly to quest.
    Sun Flair - Dunmer Templar that can't spell for life. To bad she's too broke to afford a name change... Well, at least she's pretty...
  • Lyrander
    Lyrander
    ✭✭✭
    Dromede wrote: »

sigh ._.

you are right.

It really is not that funny given that half the people mean it for real.

you kidding right?
    in that case it makes it only more fun ^^

*PS: i do have a secret spot - thats why im rich but u still only see me in pvp never farming mats*