The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Does knowing the future of each race make you sad?

DRM1412
DRM1412
Soul Shriven
Hey, first of all I'm not really sure whether this is the right place or maybe in General, so apologies if it's in the wrong place.

I was thinking about the future events of the series and it honestly kinda depressed me knowing what happens. Here we have three powerful alliances, each alliance's races and cultures getting along (for the most part) and then in Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim:

- Dark Elves enslaving Argonians AGAIN
- Vvardenfell/Morrowind devasted by Red Mountain erupting
- Argonians pillage weakened Morrowind as retaliation for slavery
- Bretons and Redguards sacking Orsinium AGAIN
- The Oblivion Crisis
- The Thalmor and Aldmeri Dominion reforming with far more extremist and racist goals
- The Great War
- Skyrim devastated by civil war

Coming from someone who mainly plays Ebonheart Pact, I think it really sucks that the Nords, Dark Elves and Argonians basically go back to being arch enemies. And it's so sad seeing the Aldmeri Dominion recreated with such awful goals, completely the opposite of what Queen Ayrenn wanted.

Anyone else feel a bit down knowing what comes next, or is it just me?
Curelion Altmer | Templar Tank | Aldmeri Dominion
Vastanwe Altmer | Magicka Sorcerer | Aldmeri Dominion
Gericus Imperial | | Ebonheart Pact
Algjard Nord | Dragonknight Tank | Ebonheart Pact
Jacques Breton | Stamina Sorcerer | Daggerfall Covenant
Gwaelin Bosmer | Stamina Nightblade | Aldmeri Dominion
Gwelorin Bosmer | Healer Warden | Aldmeri Dominion
Roveryn Dunmer | Stamina Dragonknight | Ebonheart Pact
Fenaxith Argonian | Stamina Nightblade | Ebonheart Pact
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DRM1412 wrote: »
    And it's so sad seeing the Aldmeri Dominion recreated with such awful goals, completely the opposite of what Queen Ayrenn wanted.

^This is what makes me sad; Her Majesty would be horrified if she knew.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Xinz'r
    Xinz'r
    ✭✭✭
    As Argonian I am proud knowing that filthy Dunmer will get what they deserved :D

Morrowind has been weakened much by Red Mountain, Argonians conquered half of Morrowind (important is that southern Morrowind is ruled by House Dres, who are biggest slavers, meaning that Argonians conquered them first), Oblivion crisis was solved by big help and intervention of An-Xileel at Kvatch, and Argonia (or Black Marsh) is now independent kingdom. What's to be sad about from our POV?
    Edited by Xinz'r on August 15, 2016 2:26AM
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    JOIN BLACKROSE CARTEL!
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for not being so in deep in the lore, but from when I played Morrowind I was left with the impression that Argonians just fought off their slavery. Some dark elves still were using Argonians as slaves and those that were free were looked down upon in Dunmer populated cities.

Has something changed in the lore since TES3: Morrowind?
    Edited by rosendoichinoveb17_ESO on August 15, 2016 3:48AM
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    As an Imperial other then the Oblivion crisis we seem to be doing ok
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• Xinz'r
    Xinz'r
    ✭✭✭
    Well, you obviously know about the Oblivion crisis.
    When Daedric portal opened at Kvatch (which was main portal for the Daedric invaders), and across Tamriel, Hist summoned ALL Argonians on Tamriel back to Argonia to defend their homeland from this threat. It is said that Dremoras closed the gates themselves to prevent being overrun by Argonian warriors who fanatically went through the portals to close them from the other side. When Argonians successfully defended Argonia (by themselves) they declared independence from the Cyrodiilic Empire, after which An-Xileel (Argonian royal army) went to Kvatch, defeated Dremoras there, closed that portal, thus ending Oblivion Crisis.
    After this, they returned to Argonia and soon after this Argonian invasion of Morrowind started. It was indeed motivated by centuries of Dunmeri enslavement of Argonians, and they used the fact that Morrowind was weakened, as was whole Tamriel, so no one could help them. An-Xileel conquered most of Morrowind, but then Redoran organized the defense of the Dunmer and pushed them back to cca half.
    At the time of events in TES V: Skyrim, Argonia is independent and isn't part of the Empire, and also southern half of Morrowind is under Argonian rule. This is also said by an NPC who's name I forgot.. the Telvanni mage in DLC "Dragonborn".

As far as I know, map of Tamriel during the times of TES V: Skyrim is like this:
    • Argonia and southern half of Morrowind are under Independent Argonia.
    • Elsweyr, Valenwood and Summerset Isles are part of Third Aldmeri Dominion.
    • Cyrodiil, northern Morrowind, High Rock, Skyrim and Wrothgar are under The Empire, with Skyrim being in civil war.
    • Hammerfell also became independent, but because of The Great War.

IMO Argonians are the most underrated race in TES universe, since their peacefullness has been confused with weakness. They tend to keep to themselves, but after centuries of enslavement, even Argonians started to seek revenge.. and they got it.
    Edited by Xinz'r on August 15, 2016 5:53AM
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    JOIN BLACKROSE CARTEL!
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • Xerosus
    Xerosus
    ✭✭✭
    Pff, none of that compares to Landfall.
  • Xinz'r
    Xinz'r
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed.. although I don't know much about it.
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    JOIN BLACKROSE CARTEL!
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • wolfwraith37
    wolfwraith37
    ✭✭✭
    And it's so sad seeing the Aldmeri Dominion recreated with such awful goals, completely the opposite of what Queen Ayrenn wanted.

I try not to think too much about this bit because it just hurts. Working so hard, pouring her heart and soul into creating an alliance to bring people together as equals only for it to be remade as a way to subjugate the very same people she tried to bring together. Just...ouch. It would absolutely devastate Ayrenn if she knew what the Aldmeri Dominion would become.

And that your character fights alongside her against the very people and racist ideologies that end up coming into power, and the whole quest line for the Aldmeri Dominion ends up being framed as ultimately fighting a losing battle. You, Ayrenn, Razum'dar, and everyone else all fight so hard, and in the end it doesn't matter.
    Kavesh - Stamblade
    Shepherds-Wolves - Magplar
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The sad truth is that as long as Tamriel doesn't live under the wise and inflexible rule of the Orsimer (well, of wood Orcs, not those posh toffs from Wrothgar), there will be pain and desolation.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    When Orsinium came out I felt very sad for the Orcs when reading the lore of this.
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    Xerosus wrote: »
    Pff, none of that compares to Landfall.

is the Landfall this?

https://m.reddit.com/r/teslore/comments/2reyef/what_is_c0da_an_answer/
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for not being so in deep in the lore, but from when I played Morrowind I was left with the impression that Argonians just fought off their slavery. Some dark elves still were using Argonians as slaves and those that were free were looked down upon in Dunmer populated cities.

Has something changed in the lore since TES3: Morrowind?

I want to play Morrowind again, I was never able to complete it. This time with a better PC and no crashes. :smile:
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • Vuldovahkriid
    Vuldovahkriid
    ✭✭✭
    Eporem wrote: »
    When Orsinium came out I felt very sad for the Orcs when reading the lore of this.

But at the same time, made me feel an utmost respect for them to hold off an entire invading force for 30 years.
    Valtyr Stormblade- Nord DK CP810

Vulsahvith- Argonian NB CP810

Illidan Highborn- High Elf Sorc CP810

Thrall Durotar- Orc WD CP810

Mythos Varedis- Wood Elf TP CP810

Ra'zaq- Khajit NB CP810

Aelya Proudmoore- Breton Sorc CP810

Broxigar Saurfang- Orc DK CP810

Lady Sylvannas Windrunner- Dark Elf NB CP810

Lord Anduin Wyrnn- Breton TP CP810
  • Emothic
    Emothic
    ✭✭✭✭
    When you really think about it, all of this is rather pointless. Yes we can think about how bad things will turn out for the races in the next thousand years, but you're forgetting one thing. Dragonbreak. What is Dragonbreak? Dragonbreak is the ability to change the past, present, and future with the powers of the Elder Scrolls or the Divines themselves. If you did not know Cyrodil was actually a "Jungle" like area, filled with thick growth of trees and other shrubs. Then when Talos acended into a Divine is changed the past and created the Cyrodil as we know now.

In fact I watched a video and at the end of Elder Scrolls Morrowind, a Dragonbreak happens. I don't remember what happens from it, but I do know it was caused from an Elder Scroll.
    Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.
    Dragon Knight of the Ebonheart Pact. Xbox One - NA
  • 117Dios
    117Dios
    ✭✭✭
    Emothic wrote: »
    When you really think about it, all of this is rather pointless. Yes we can think about how bad things will turn out for the races in the next thousand years, but you're forgetting one thing. Dragonbreak. What is Dragonbreak? Dragonbreak is the ability to change the past, present, and future with the powers of the Elder Scrolls or the Divines themselves. If you did not know Cyrodil was actually a "Jungle" like area, filled with thick growth of trees and other shrubs. Then when Talos acended into a Divine is changed the past and created the Cyrodil as we know now.

In fact I watched a video and at the end of Elder Scrolls Morrowind, a Dragonbreak happens. I don't remember what happens from it, but I do know it was caused from an Elder Scroll.

The Dragon Break happened in TES: Daggerfall. It was mostly a concept brought in because the game had a bunch of different endings and wanted to make all of them canonical, and they did it in a really cool way.
    The Dragonbreak of Daggerfall, called Warp in the West, basically meant that every single "big" sovereign of High Rock and Hammerfell had access to the Numidium and used it to consolidate their power at the same time, also Mannimarco used the Mantella, which powered the Numidium, to recieve godly powers, also the Numidium was destroyed, too. Or vanished, depending on where you like to read stuff. The Underking, who is thought to be either Zurin Arctus, Wulfhart or both, earn their rest because their soul was in the Mantella. All at the same time.

Sometimes I wonder how many shrooms and kilograms of LSD is used to write this stuff.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

^This is what makes me sad; Her Majesty would be horrified if she knew.

She is but a little girl now, her supremacist side will come out eventually. It is how altmer and dunmer are
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the great words of Fallout

"War......War Never Changes"
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get sad when I wander through Kvatch and other areas of Cyrodiil.

"You think the Planemeld is bad?? Just wait until Mehrunes Dagon has a go in a few hundred years . . ."

I find it strange wandering through Tamriel in the Second Era, when we know what happens in the third and part of the fourth era.

Everything that's happening now, we know that nothing prevails. Molag Bal, the Three Bannered War, the upcoming storylines, nothing wins. Because Tamriel is around in the future. Fractured, damaged by several other events, but still around.

Everything The Vestige does is irrelevant. Heroic at the time, and he/she does save Nirn, but we knew he/she would. Because we've seen the future. And it's not that bright . . . One can only stand back and wonder if the Thalmor will prevail in their ultimate plan to deactivate all the towers and undo creation.

Time shall tell.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • MTrent24
    MTrent24
    ✭✭
    What happens to the Redguards?
    PS4 [ EU ]
    PSN - hotboy_mikey_t
    Redguard Stamina Sorc - AD

Prince Michael Fahara'jad is the oldest son and rightful heir of King Fahara'jad with an unknown Redguard lady.When he was young he was sent away to prevent a scandal and grew up not knowing his three siblings Maraya, Lakana, and Azah. After becoming of age, Michael enlisted with the Aldmeri Dominion in effort to regain control of the Sentinel Palace.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    no I don`t care about the future, I and my character live in the present :)