The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is there a point to doing group dungeons again?

SameMeteor26
SameMeteor26
✭✭✭
Like the title says, is there a point. Will you get Xp again? Will you still get loot from the bosses?
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again after what?
    Options
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused, what has changed recently? Or are you implying about when OT hits?

The reason I've done them is for the skill point and usually because I leave no stone unturned.
    Options
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeons still give loot, and XP. Personally, I find the XP gains to be a bit lacking, but I'll take what I can get.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
    Options
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes you will continue to receive loot. Many people actually do the dungeons dozens of times in hopes of receiving better loot the next time, such as monster helmets. And you'll get XP, just not as much as the first time you completed it.
    Options
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    has something changed?
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For stamina builds, yes. Velidreth shoulders. No actual point in doing dailies though, unless you enjoy them.
    PC EU
    Options
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeons still give loot, and XP. Personally, I find the XP gains to be a bit lacking, but I'll take what I can get.

how? I get 2-400k xp for eah random I do.
    Options
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    You get a big xp boost once per day, after that, you still get an xp boost, only lower.

Bosses will always drop gear in every run.

You can also consider to run the dungeons for fun :lol:
    Options
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't beat an extra 100k XP just for doing one easy random normal dungeon! You also definitely need to do the undaunted pledges if you want to level up your undaunted skill lines.
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Like the title says, is there a point. Will you get Xp again? Will you still get loot from the bosses?

wait, what? of course you get xp and loot, why not?
    Options
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For stamina builds, yes. Velidreth shoulders. No actual point in doing dailies though, unless you enjoy them.

This is the reason why I am doing them.

Back when I first started playing, like 8 months ago, dungeons were the primary source of experience for leveling. That was changed pretty quickly. Maybe that's what the OP is referring to.

Dungeons are useful for a variety of things today:
    -the mercenary motifs (though they drop too often and sell for too little)
    -getting maxed undaunted, which has the incredible undaunted meddle passive
    -shoulder pieces from chests for your builds - Velidreth, I'm looking at you. <3
    -decent CP experience
    -a good amount of deconstructable items, especially for getting 160 level mats and purple tempers
    -the skill point from the question if you haven't finished it (I've run darkshade caverns a thousand times and never completed the quest because everyone speed runs it, skipping essential bosses)
    Options
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is OP serious ? Or does OP mean *Public* Dungeons?
    PC: CP 1200+ DroDest, Bringer of light
    PS4: CP 1500+ Dro Dest, SoTN, Bringer of light, CragHMs, EoF, IR, TTT
    Xbox: CP 450 Fungal Grotto 1 HM
    Options
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    running it multiple times, you still get loot and xp.
    Edited by Lucky28 on August 13, 2016 1:53PM
    Invictus
    Options
  • Stiltz
    Stiltz
    ✭✭✭
    I run them for fun, but I still don't understand what has changed to prompt this thread. Did monster shoulders stop dropping from chests? Do helms still drop from last bosses? I don't get it.
    Edited by Stiltz on August 13, 2016 2:00PM
    Options
  • SameMeteor26
    SameMeteor26
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

altemriel wrote: »

No like after you complete it once, if you do it again will you get xp and loot even though you already have done it
    Options
  • darthsithis
    darthsithis
    ✭✭✭
    The harder dungeons and trials are the highlight of the game imo...

Play the sewers or wgt as a different class w/ different people...never gets old for me!

I've got portals I've got portals
    Message me if you want to do trials/dungeons, or need a trading guild! Flawless conqueror magsorc with a bad sense of armor fashion.
    Options
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    He's talking about the XP gain after turning the dungeon's quest in for the very first time.

And to the OP: Quests in Group Dungeons are not repeatable sadly, but you can re-run the dungeon again for loot. Things like Soul Gems, Potions, and a chance for the monster helmet at the end.
    Options
  • darthsithis
    darthsithis
    ✭✭✭
    Oic. There's better places for xp like sewers or maelstrom the. I guess.
    Message me if you want to do trials/dungeons, or need a trading guild! Flawless conqueror magsorc with a bad sense of armor fashion.
    Options
  • darthsithis
    darthsithis
    ✭✭✭
    Op helms drop from last bosses only. Can't get them anywhere else. The loot kinda sucks, it's mostly crap and 12 gold, so more about the undaunted keys and skill line + getting that monster helm you are looking for :)
    Options
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Velidreth is a great reason to run dungeons. Patch week will be awesome.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
    Options