Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Nightshade; what is it good for?

chess1ukb16_ESO
chess1ukb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭
I see very little nightshade selling on the guild stores and it just sort of sits there never being bought by anyone. Is this ingredient redundant at the moment or is there anything useful that can be made with it?
Ireniicus
GM - Tamriel Traders Guild (TTG); Divine Deals; Allmart & The Alchemist Emporium
  • Aemon_Isklexi
    Aemon_Isklexi
    ✭✭✭
    It's the only reagent in the game that allows a combination of damage health and damage health over time. Poison reagents aren't selling because most people don't use poisons in PVE, and the poisons used in PVP are typically resource denying poisons (damage stamina/magicka).

Frankly, I find it a bit odd that people don't use poison on their backbar weapon (like a bow) because a strong damage health poison made with nightshade can put up a significant DoT.
    "I do not carry such information in my mind since it is readily available in books. ...The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think." ~Albert Einstein
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are the traits for nightshade:
    • Ravage Health
    • Creeping Ravage Health
    • Protection
    • Defile
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is good for filling up your inventory as far as I am concerned. Like all other poison ingredients they have been placed everywhere in abundance and we have not been given any clear guidance or information on the advantage or disadvantages of using poisons.

Like a lot of new stuff that comes into this game, I don't think the introduction of poisons was done very well. I am speaking from a console perspective, where we do not have the luxury of add-on applications and have nothing available in game to provide us with any information.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely Nothing

Say it again

War

What is it good for?!

Wait... what? Oh sorry... it has defile!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely Nothing

Say it again

War

What is it good for?!

Wait... what? Oh sorry... it has defile!

I was thinking the exact same thing. Song popped in my head soon as I saw the title.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I can tell....poisons work in 1 out of 5 instances...20 % of the time. Where as a glyph works 100% of the time.

So at the least a poison would need to be 5xs as strong...at the least. In reality...80% of the time you get nothing.

I use the best glyphs I can make...sell the poisons...and poison ingredients...except...who's buying? B)
    I know nutting....
  • billcage
    billcage
    Protection trait can be used in zerg fights at pvp .Ravage health can be used for suicide again at pvp .I dont know defile what it has attributes.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    erliesc wrote: »
    As far as I can tell....poisons work in 1 out of 5 instances...20 % of the time. Where as a glyph works 100% of the time.

So at the least a poison would need to be 5xs as strong...at the least. In reality...80% of the time you get nothing.

I use the best glyphs I can make...sell the poisons...and poison ingredients...except...who's buying? B)

There is a cooldown on enchants, so poisons are actually much stronger.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's good this ingredient isn't traded in large numbers, that keeps the price on stable level. Unlike with spider eggs available in thousands stacks everwhere. And I sell these, check Rawl'kha stores on a frequent basis if you need them B) .
    Poisons are still good for me, I use on few alts, mostly those for healing and dealing damage in a same time (in pve).
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."