Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Where do people find glass style motifs?

XistenZ_one
I just bought a few 'Glass Style Motif Fragments' and ended up with 18 of them so I thought I'd try and make a motif! I bought the resin-thing from the mystic for 10k, used it and NOTHING happened. Except for the resin being gone, along with my 10k of course.

All 18 pages left intact, no motif to be found.

Clearly I'm the first player in ESO history to ever accumulate such a vast amount of pages (10+), because I can't find any post of this bug anywhere.
I could waste another 10k and split my stack and just have exactly 10 fragments on my character and hope that'd work, but I rather get this issue fixed. I've filed a bug report, but I assume they're never read so by leaving this post here maybe I can get a discussion started that might get someones attention and in a few years or eight have this bug fixed so we can start making motifs.
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other than filing a bug report I am not sure what you can do - that stinks though. Weird you still have all the fragments after using the resin. First I have heard of it.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should have the motif fragment in your inventory somewhere. You wont automatically learn it.

In terms of your subject line, the answer is writs, if you do them all you pretty much get them daily. Im sitting on loads as not keen on 10k for a chance at a piece, so normally sell then
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Support has usually got back with me in a day or so. You have to go looking through your inventory for the motif.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you lost your resin, didn't get any glass motif and still have all of your glass motif fragments in your inventory, it has to be a bug I recommend to report. Maybe you'll get your resin or gold back?
  • XistenZ_one
    Beardimus wrote: »
    You should have the motif fragment in your inventory somewhere. You wont automatically learn it.

In terms of your subject line, the answer is writs, if you do them all you pretty much get them daily. Im sitting on loads as not keen on 10k for a chance at a piece, so normally sell then

I know it SHOULD be in my inventory, but it's not which is why I believe it to be a bug :) and I know how to get the fragments, it's the motifs I don't understand where people get them. If the only way to get an actual motif is to buy this fake-resin from a mystic for 10k, then there shouldn't be a single motif in existence since obviously they're impossible to make due to this bug.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So in your Inventory>Consumables there isn't a Glass Page for a piece of armor or weapon? That's where the items are placed when you create a page. If you don't have anything there then all you can do is wait for support to get back to you or grab another resin and try it again.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • XistenZ_one
    Everyone assumes I don't know how the inventory works, one would think 'all fragments is left and I didn't get a motif' should be clear enough that there in fact is no motif to be found.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone assumes I don't know how the inventory works, one would think 'all fragments is left and I didn't get a motif' should be clear enough that there in fact is no motif to be found.

We're not questioning that. With 200 spots open and lag at times you can skip right over things easily.

There have been times that all of us have missed things in our inventory.....DOH!
    NA Server - Kildair
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not the first time, link to older thread.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did 180 fragments in one session a couple of weeks ago and all worked fine. Just log a bug report.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • CHIMCHIMCheree
    CHIMCHIMCheree
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

I know it SHOULD be in my inventory, but it's not which is why I believe it to be a bug :) and I know how to get the fragments, it's the motifs I don't understand where people get them. If the only way to get an actual motif is to buy this fake-resin from a mystic for 10k, then there shouldn't be a single motif in existence since obviously they're impossible to make due to this bug.
    People get them by following the exact same steps you did. Evidently, the bug is intermittent.

I would log not only a bug report, but also a separate support ticket relating to your lost items as I expect they'll be handled by different teams and may result in you seeing items returned before the devs get to addressing the bug.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my experience as a glass style crafter/user, it's already cheaper to buy glass motif books from guild stores than to combine fragments with resin-thing. I did this combination 2 or 3 times (and never witnessed that bug you described tbh) on the beginning, usually receiving motifs which were cheaper if I had bought them as ready books in stores. Prices for glass style books are now lower in stores than the cost of mats to combine, and drop all the time so it's no longer profitable to buy mats and play this mini-game, at least from my point of view :).
    PS. imho ZOS should be more flexible on the prices for items that are not guild store - related, and should know the prices drop and the cost for the resin to combine should drop also long time ago. 5k would be a good change now.
    Edited by Gargath on August 17, 2016 10:49AM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gargath makes a great point. Motif prices are really coming down. 10k resin and the 'cost' you could sell 10 Fragments for is often more.

OP you are wording it like no one has ever had this work, and we all have, hence we are just suggesting you take a look in inventry that's all, and if you have then just log a ticket.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP