Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Perfect Roe

Travy_2Hype
Travy_2Hype
✭✭✭
Anyone else finding it extremely difficult to find Perfect Roe??

A friend and I have been fishing for over two days now - over 400 fish (each).
My friend has had the luck of finding two perfect roe and I'm still sitting at zero.
X-Box: EU

Orc Stamina DragonKnight - Tank
Altmer Magicka Templar - DPS
Redguard Stamina Sorcerer - DPS
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heyo :)
    You need to filet the fish to get Perfect Roe, you don't get it from fishing directly :D
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Travy_2Hype
    Travy_2Hype
    ✭✭✭
    Heyo :)
    You need to filet the fish to get Perfect Roe, you don't get it from fishing directly :D

Hahaha, I know. The fileting was implied ;)

• Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I usually get 1-2 per fishing session of 100 fish. The RNG Gods must be upset with you for some reason.
  • Travy_2Hype
    Travy_2Hype
    ✭✭✭
    I usually get 1-2 per fishing session of 100 fish. The RNG Gods must be upset with you for some reason.

RNG Gods have been upset with me for a really long time. Every time it comes to RNG it's always safest to bet I won't be getting what I want.

• Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fishing - So - Boring! I gave up on trying to get perfect roe as it is too painful. I would love for it to be a possibility to get it from provisioning writs. Right now there is no gold type reward for that craft but there is in everything else, except maybe alchemy but there is no gold mat there anyway.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perfect Roe drop rate is about 1%. Just keep at it, you'll likely hit a spurt of several out of 100 that will improve you current dismal result. That's just how RNG works. We all go through the same thing.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're going to hate me but, I got 2 Perfect Roe from just 20 fish the other day. And I don't usually take the time to fish. The RNG Gods loved me that day!
    PC/EU DC
  • Dyynamic70
    Dyynamic70
    ✭✭✭
    My RNG is just over 1%, which seems to be the norm.
    PC/NA
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have had 2 in a row on 2 separate occasions but it has always come either side of a perfect roe drought (0 out of 150 or more).
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Might need to make an offering at the shrine of RNGesus
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not fished in weeks. The other day I emptied out two fishing holes waiting for someone. First fish gave me a Roe. The next 28 did not.

Its pure RNG.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i cant fish for more than 8 minutes without dozing off.

i have gotten 2 roe in the last 450 fish ive gutted.

the rng is weird with this one --- i have gotten two back to back --- and got three out of 5 fish once. then again i have also gone over 700 fish without getting one. i miss the wrothgar glitch --- back then you could always find stacks of fish in the traders. now i cant find any at all unless i fish for 8 minutes and then fall asleep.

tell you right now ---- anyone that can stand fishing --- there is a fortune to be made on selling stacks of fish right now.

• noxayloxub17_ESO
    noxayloxub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I had a good run for a bit where I got 3 in a row, but lately I am sitting at 0.4% for perfect roe.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't expect the perfect roe will drop for you.
    When filleting think about a fish meal.
    That way drop will be unexpected.
    Deities are vicious and cheat people.
    Why not cheating them in return :).
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the rng is weird with this one --- i have gotten two back to back --- and got three out of 5 fish once. then again i have also gone over 700 fish without getting one. i miss the wrothgar glitch --- back then you could always find stacks of fish in the traders. now i cant find any at all unless i fish for 8 minutes and then fall asleep.

tell you right now ---- anyone that can stand fishing --- there is a fortune to be made on selling stacks of fish right now.

I never thought of selling stacks of fish. Didn't even know it was possible. I wonder if it would be more lucrative than filleting the fish yourself and selling the Perfect Roe. That's what I'm doing at the moment.
    PC/EU DC
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a single fish costs 30-40 gold and is sold in stack of 200, it's probably the same as filleting those 200 pcs. to get a single Roe for sale.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • amith
    amith
    ✭✭
    What is the going cost of a stack of Roe now a days?
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amith wrote: »
    What is the going cost of a stack of Roe now a days?

Usually they sell it one at a time, around 10500g at the moment, though I did see someone in my guild put up a stack of 7 Perfect Roe for over 70000g
    PC/EU DC
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never thought of selling stacks of fish. Didn't even know it was possible. I wonder if it would be more lucrative than filleting the fish yourself and selling the Perfect Roe. That's what I'm doing at the moment.

when the orsinium glitch was still going on, you could find them at lots of traders ( only problem being you cannot narrow the search and have to look at all items for sale ) but when they fixed it, people stopped listing them.

used to get a stack of fish for like 10k. i bet you could easily get 40k per stack now. i think of them as lottery tickets.

• Infinite12
    Infinite12
    ✭✭✭✭
    The drop rate needs to be increased. It's that simple. I realize they make a killing off of xp scrolls but this is stupid. I just refined 209 fish and got 0 perfect roe. This is the 2nd time it's happened this week. That's 2+ hours of fishing for nothing. Thanks zenimax
    [GT: INFINITE12] XB1 I NA I DC PRIMARILY I
    My Characters
    Ragnhild VR16 Nord DK I 2h/Bow (PVP) or 2h/Dual Wield (PVE)
    Nakothre VR7 Khajiit I Dual Wield/2H (PVP)
    Infinitesmo VR16 Imperial NB I 2h/Bow (PVP)

Tip: If you don't like funerals don't kick sand in a ninja's face