Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Factor in differently or stack

Forestd16b14_ESO
Forestd16b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
OK I looked high and low on the forums and searched on google for a hour even ESO academy wasn't much help to answer my question....

Does hardy/elemental defender damage reduction factor in before resistance mitigation or does it just straight up stack with resistance mitigation.

So say got 30K resistance that's 45% mitigation and if you have 48 points into hardy which will reduce physical damage by 15% and you get hit by a 10K attack. Now would that 15% factor in first reducing the damage to 8500 and then resistance mitigation activates reducing that 8500 to 4675 or does hardy/elemental defender just stack with what ever mitigation you already have turning that 45% to 60% mitigation (which isn't real cause Wrobel logic).
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't calculated this, but in the recent patch notes they specifically say they want percent buffs to be additive and not multiplicative.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hardy/elemental defender reduce the damage done to your shields, so they have to be calculated separately from normal resistances (normal resistances do not reduce damage done to shields).
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All different sources of mitigation stack multiplicative or at least used to do it before the last patch, but I assume they didn't change it. Everything else would be stupid as it would allow people to get 100% mitigation.