Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Woe-Bringer - temporary challenge

xerasia
xerasia
✭✭✭
Sorry for the bonehead question, but how do I see my progress on the monthly challenge? I artfully and sneakily stabbed a whole bunch of NPCs last night trying to complete the Woe-Bringer challenge but I have no clue how much progress I've made, other than to see that its status is "locked" and that there are 4 days remaining. Anyone know where I can check my kill count?
Xerasia - Bosmer Magicka Templar | NA EP
Galasha - Orc Stamina Dragonknight | NA EP
Haileigha - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | NA EP
Zaxaria - lvl 21 Argonian I don't even know what to do with this one Nightblade | NA EP

Best Answer

• AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    When I logged on this morning I had the achievement so it sorted itself out eventually :-)
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
    Answer ✓
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    Go into achievements from the dashboard it'll be in the list of locked achievements, when you select it it'll tell you the % complete which is the same as kill count as you need to do 100.

On a side note I killed my 100th npc yesterday however the achievement didn't pop up, checking back in achievements it now reads as 'done, unlocking', it still said the same this morning so turning off and back on again hasn't fixed it. I've never had this problem before, I'm going to try a hard reset and if that doesn't work I'm out of ideas :-(

• xerasia
    xerasia
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear it!

It turns out that there is an achievement for the Blade of Woe in the DLC category called "The 100th Cut" or something and progress can be tracked there. Woe-Bringer threw me off, but it's trackable in the achievement journal. I'm glad you made it! I just went around ruthlessly and brutally murdering until the achievement popped, and then I figured it out.

But when I went to the dash to look as you had instructed, I didn't see the temp challenges there.
    Zaxaria - lvl 21 Argonian I don't even know what to do with this one Nightblade | NA EP
  • xerasia
    xerasia
    ✭✭✭
    Wait, that's not right. Because I've murdered targets with the blade of woe, which means they aren't innocent. I just checked on Smartglass and it still says locked...I have to be close. I just wish I knew HOW close.
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    The 100th cut is a separate achievement for killing 100 and doesn't have a time limit so will include any you killed before the challenge started.

I know I couldn't see how close I was when looking on smart glass, only when I checked on the console

• xerasia
    xerasia
    ✭✭✭
    I did finally find it on the dash/game hub! I didn't realize I had to scroll allllllllll the way past unlocked achievements to see the locked ones. It says I'm 100% for this challenge, but smartglass still says locked. :/