Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Allow Max Crafters to change the trait of items

Jules
Jules
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Any real reason why not?
It takes months of dedication to become a max crafter. This seems like a rewarding and useful prize for the dedication invested.
JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
Viva La Aristocracy
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be amazing! A spin on that would be that they could change the style of already crafted gear. Both of those changes would be soooo splendid!
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jules wrote: »
    Any real reason why not?

Indeed. Anyone could then change traits just like that, without paying any real money whatsoever! That would be horrible play to win!!!
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    Any real reason why not?

Indeed. Anyone could then change traits just like that, without paying any real money whatsoever! That would be horrible play to win!!!

Anyone? No. Not very many people are max crafters. I'm talking 9/9 traits on every single item
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would mean an adjustment on loot tables so items of any set dropped less frequently, which would suck.

As far as changing the style of piece, this would get into costume and dye stamp sales, which I'm ok with but ZOSmaybe not so much.

I think both ideas are long long overdue.

• stevenbennett_ESO
    stevenbennett_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    While I like the idea, I doubt they'll do the trait switching as it removes a lot of incentive to the gear grind. That said, I'd very much love to see a mechanism to change the style of gear, and it's more likely to happen, because it only affects appearance, not gameplay.
  • Magus
    Magus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support this change 100%.
    Duraeon / Maoh
    Former Emperor of Haderus, Trueflame, and Azura's Star
    PC/NA
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I like the idea, I doubt they'll do the trait switching as it removes a lot of incentive to the gear grind. That said, I'd very much love to see a mechanism to change the style of gear, and it's more likely to happen, because it only affects appearance, not gameplay.

And if they did put it in the game I am willing to bet it wouldn't extend to dropped sets. The only way they would consider this (because as you said they want us grinding) is if it applied to player crafted and generic gear only. Even just that would have been a big help to me though. About a month ago I crafted a full set of heavy armor for my tank made it all yellow then saw I forgot to put on any traits. Made me utter bad words.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • BadLuckCharm
    BadLuckCharm
    ✭✭✭
    At the very least, they ought to allow adding traits to trait-less pieces.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have been advocating for this for a looooong time. It should be as simple as changing an enchantment. But Master Crafter's being able to do this, I think that's a great idea.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for this as long as it bounds the item when done.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At the very least we need some titles:
    Master Enchanter
    Master Woodworker
    Master Blacksmither
    Master Clother

Master Crafter for 9/9 on everything!
  • Burning_Talons
    Burning_Talons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takes me 30mins max crafting
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any real reason why not?

Is that a serious comment? How would this be pay to win? Even with an eso plus subscribition, it takes a long ling time to max crafting in the way OP describes (9/9 trait on everything).

nimander99 wrote: »
    I have been advocating for this for a looooong time. It should be as simple as changing an enchantment. But Master Crafter's being able to do this, I think that's a great idea.

I have as well, but if you made it trivial, it would ruin the game. Nobody would re-run content. I think crafters should be able to change traits (and motifs) on gear, but it should NOT be trivial. It needs to be a meaningful decision that requires a fair amount of resources, otherwise, the game would die. Like it or not, people need a reason to re-run content.
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think a Reforge trait would be fine as long as there was some small limit, bot trait and style.

Example: add a trait when crafting takes one item. If changing the trait on white gear would be two items and maybe a trait cleansing item. Three for green, four for blue, and so on. A similar number system to change styles.

Any real reason why not?

Is that a serious comment? How would this be pay to win? Even with an eso plus subscribition, it takes a long ling time to max crafting in the way OP describes (9/9 trait on everything).

I have as well, but if you made it trivial, it would ruin the game. Nobody would re-run content. I think crafters should be able to change traits (and motifs) on gear, but it should NOT be trivial. It needs to be a meaningful decision that requires a fair amount of resources, otherwise, the game would die. Like it or not, people need a reason to re-run content.

Maybe make the change a one time thing?
    Edited by Eirikir on August 9, 2016 11:49PM
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This
    Thornen wrote: »
    I'm all for this as long as it bounds the item when done.

And this.. Besides that, I only wish for the "Craftsman" title

• Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or just drop stuff with no trait and we add it ourselves
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The real reason as stated by Zenimax is it would effectively nullify most of the necessity to grind gear. Get a piece, change its trait, enchant it, and upgrade it to max. With the ability to do that you will never need a second item of that sort ever again. While this community is renowned for wanting such stuff the reality is it will never happen for obvious reasons.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Kensei_ESO
    Kensei_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can see why those jerks at ZOS wouldn't allow this for dropped items. They get off on griefing their players with Prosperous and Training.

However this should absolutely be a thing for crafted pieces. Absolutely.
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering it takes about a year to research all the traits, that player should have the skill to change the trait and motif style.

Maybe even degrade an items...

Think they should be bound as well to avoid crashing the economy/ grind system.
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This op af.

no pls
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add a Jewelcrafting profession (so no one has 2 years worth of materials and skill-leveling advantage) and have there be items you can craft when you max out Jewelcrafting using materials collected on a cooldown (like from a daily quest) that can be used to change the trait.
    • "Chaotic Soul Prism" - changes armor/weapon to a different, random trait
      cannot be traded - 1 day's worth of materials

• "Chaotic Merchant's Prism" - changes armor/weapon to a different, random trait
      Tradeable - 3 day's worth of materials

• "Impenetrable Soul Prism" - changes the trait on a piece of armor to Impenetrable
      cannot be traded - 7 days worth of materials

• "Impenetrable Merchant's Prism" - changes the trait on a piece of armor to Impenetrable
      tradeable - 21 days worth of materials
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any real reason why not?

It was cynical not serious hence "PLAY to win".

I'd be up for this in theory, it is pretty tricky to get to master crafter. If not this then some other boon for max crafters as there is none right now.
    PC | EU
  • spencer2361
    spencer2361
    ✭✭✭
    I would be happy just to be able to repair my own stuff without paying
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah even, one time change + bounding an item would be awesome. And still waiting for jewlery crafting...
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And being able to change the motif would be nice
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be perfect and ... Any one could craft and manage their BUILDS... And that will take away many problems for PLAYERS ...

-With the Trait Stones they can changes the gear and weapons traits that they have. And spend some Crafting Materials and gold for it OF COURSE ...And they need to be master crafter of course

-Also Ablity to change GEAR STYLE TOO would be great ... Again u could spend Motifs and some Craft material and GOLD...

AND THEY SHOULD BE "BOUND ITEMS" AFTER:):):)

People can chose Playing Style That they WANT!!! And when they got bored or dont like what they made with Gear motifs They can change to how they like...

@Wrobel
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Pls Make this happen....
    Edited by TheHsN on August 10, 2016 9:05AM
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be happy just to be able to repair my own stuff without paying

I had never thought of this idea, but it makes a lot of sense. It seems like something crafters could be able to do. I can see it being a passive (though there's currently no room for more).