Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Frost Merriam & Beverez Juice, where to find them?

Jciampi
Jciampi
✭✭✭
I been playing the game now for a while. Level CP250 something. I'm almost done with Caldwell s Gold. But I've never seen either Frost Merriam or Beverez Juice in the wild. I've played a bit of craglorn, sticking the the paths. But only solo so I never did any caves.

I get them both from my Assistant about once a week. Which keeps me going fine. But where do you actually find this stuff in the wild?
  • xerasia
    xerasia
    ✭✭✭
    You don't find it, as far as I know. I suggest doing the provisioning writs daily, as you'll get purple ingredient drops from them. Make a stack each of the writ recipes (It rotates between 4 or 6 recipes, I think) and keep them in your bank. Takes just a minute to pick up the writ and turn it in...you won't have to find a cook fire to craft the recipe.
    Xerasia - Bosmer Magicka Templar | NA EP
    Galasha - Orc Stamina Dragonknight | NA EP
    Haileigha - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | NA EP
    Zaxaria - lvl 21 Argonian I don't even know what to do with this one Nightblade | NA EP
  • Jciampi
    Jciampi
    ✭✭✭
    Gotcha. Thank you. I've avoided craft writs so far cause they all require me to go to wrothgar to turn them in and I hear people have trouble saving or leaving there.

Cool. So once the update hits next week I'll start doing writs. Thank you. Very appreciated
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jciampi wrote: »
    Gotcha. Thank you. I've avoided craft writs so far cause they all require me to go to wrothgar to turn them in and I hear people have trouble saving or leaving there.

Cool. So once the update hits next week I'll start doing writs. Thank you. Very appreciated

You can avoid the Wrothgar issue if you just have 9 points into your Recipe Improvement.

Also, Hirelings can bring you the Purple Ingredients in the Hireling Mails. So, that is the other source. All my characters have Provisioning Hirelings and I have Purple Ingredients counts in the 4 figures.

They also sell for a fairly reasonable price right now in Guild Kiosks. You only need to really buy 25 at a time, as 100 Foods/Drinks will last you quite a long time (200 hours of play time with no passives)

Edited by Nestor on August 9, 2016 3:58PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Daily writs and hireling are the only way to get them. I hardly ever use them any more so sell off stock every time I get to about 300 on each - I like to keep a reserve of 200 of everything just in case. They generally sell for about 200 a piece on PS4 NA.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • StezySteve
    Only from crafting writs and hirelings