Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is There an Idiot's Guide to Guild Traders?

Rainwhisper
Rainwhisper
✭✭✭✭✭
I understand the basic concept. Your guild bids for a trader spot, then people check that trader for items they want/need, and buy things if they think the price is reasonable. You can use add-ons that scrape guild store data to get an estimated listing price.

Apparently the guild trader system works for a lot of people. I really don't understand how most of the guild traders get traffic, but it seems that they do. I rarely have time to check any but the ones in Rawl'kha (I'm Aldmeri Dominion).

What I would find very helpful is a guide to what people find lucrative for posting with guild traders. Raw/Processed crafting materials? Motif/Trait items? Motifs? Treasure Maps? Those are the only things I have bought. Do crafted items sell? Potions? Glyphs? Looted equipment?

Also, what's the best add-on for scraping guild store data?

Finally, what does it take to get into one of those guilds with traders in Rawl'kha.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What sells? Raw Mats, Refined Mats, Tempers, Flowers, Solvents, basically anything that a crafter would use.

Intricate Mob Loot is about the only regular gear that sells. Otherwise, it is end game pieces from Dropped Sets. Blue and Purple items sell for Temper prices.

Traited items for Trait Research will sell if priced cheap enough

Tri Pots

Recipes, especially Rare Blue and Purple Recipes

Motifs, especially the new ones, but most Purples have good sales.

As for Kiosks and what makes me go to them, I just hit them up if I am in a city as I look for various things. However, I can check any major trading hub and my local bank and search 10 to 12 kiosks in short order and get anything I need, unless it is super rare or I am looking for a bargain. Then I expect to shop around. But, for the most part I never spend more than 5 to 10 minutes shopping for that which I need, never need to.

I actually like the out the way Kiosks, they tend to have the bargains, and are just as close to the Wayshrine as most trading hubs are, sometimes even closer.

For in game trading, you only really need two addons, Master Merchant and Awesome Guild Store. Maybe some thing (Craft Store, Research Assistant, Sous Chef etc) that marks the items you need for trait research or unknown recipes/motifs, but that is about it for commerce addons.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally, what does it take to get into one of those guilds with traders in Rawl'kha.

Generally about 5k per week.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I understand the basic concept. Your guild bids for a trader spot, then people check that trader for items they want/need, and buy things if they think the price is reasonable. You can use add-ons that scrape guild store data to get an estimated listing price.

Apparently the guild trader system works for a lot of people. I really don't understand how most of the guild traders get traffic, but it seems that they do. I rarely have time to check any but the ones in Rawl'kha (I'm Aldmeri Dominion).

What I would find very helpful is a guide to what people find lucrative for posting with guild traders. Raw/Processed crafting materials? Motif/Trait items? Motifs? Treasure Maps? Those are the only things I have bought. Do crafted items sell? Potions? Glyphs? Looted equipment?

Top level set pieces jewelry weapons and gear. Seems like you might be on PC so you will probably have an easier time, on console it is list it and see happens. XP pots move easily, some potions do as well and then of course gold improvement mats, flowers, roe, motifs (depending).
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just stick to selling high end crafting items - gold improvement items (Rosin/Dreugh Wax/Tempering alloys), kutas, psijic ambrosia recipe fragments, purple recipes, xp potions, Frost Mirriam and Bervez Juice, grand soul gems. These all sell really well if you don't over price them so really check the prices in lots of guild traders before listing.

I do sell excess CP160 purple items I collect, purple crafting improvement items, purple enchantment runes, motifs and some high end blue recipes but these can hang around for a while before selling (PS4 NA here). The supply of crafting materials for below CP150/160 gear has really dried up so there might be a market for them - mahogany, iron hide, ironthread, etc.

Have never really gone into selling other potions and ingredients, so can't advise on them. I don't do a lot of PVP so have never sold any jewelry but have bought a few (Agility/willpower/endurance sets), so know there is a market for them.
    Edited by disintegr8 on August 9, 2016 12:33AM
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • medusasfolly
    medusasfolly
    ✭✭✭
    There were tons of questions in that post.

Addons
    - Master Merchant - It keeps tabs of all the sales in the all the guilds you belong to. Once you've accumulated at least one data point for an item, when you hover over it, it will display prices in the description and also a graph if you chose.
    As a note, if you don't have Master Merchant, if you link item to chat and ask for a PC (price check), there are enough people that do have the addon to post a reply back to you. However, if you plan to be a serious merchant, you need to get this.
    - Awesome Guildstore - More for the purchasing of items. It lets you filter 100 ways to heaven. I could not live without this. Well, I guess I would live, but I wouldn't shop.

What sells fast
    Alchemy flower mats, unrefined crafting mats, ruby iron and ancestor cloth, any temper, kuta, purple and gold recipes, nirncrux. There is other stuff that sells for higher amounts of gold, but it usually moves slower.

Guild Trader in Rawl'kah
    Would help if you gave us your server. My guild, Black Market Wares is there and we're PC/NA. If interested, go here to apply or send me an email in-game and I'll add you after work.

• I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everything sells, though people have different experiences. I know of people who sell heavily in the niche market of what I'd call "trash gear". I can never get it to move, but they do good business.

One of the guilds I belong to has a relaxed approach to trading and consequently is always successful in getting one of the least favoured locations. As a result I tend to put low value items for sale - provisioning ingredients, low value recipes, etc. The surprising thing is that I get a very good turn over on these items.

For some reason a lot of people visit this out-of-the-way trader to buy the carrots I put up for sale at a reasonable price :)