For the love of god fix stuck in combat

LegacyDM
LegacyDM
✭✭✭✭✭
@Wrobel
@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

If your not going to fix stuck in combat could you at least reduce the timer? Here's the scenario. I'm a magicka night blade. I've successfully saved myself from combat. I managed to somehow cloak away using cloak even though there are a million counters. I'm not a threat to anyone because I had to run/cloak hundreds of yards away from combat yet people are still around. So I have to be careful. I found a nice rock or tree to hide behind. But guess what, I'm stuck in combat and can't return to stealth for another minute. So I'm Just sitting there spamming cloak hoping no one sees me. This is the stupidest mechanic since launch and never fixed. At this point I don't even know if it is a bug or this is intended. If it's intended either reduce or eliminate the timer. If it's a bug, fix it! I want to play the game, not sit around spamming a skill when I'm not a threat to anyone.
Legacy of Kain
Vicious Carnage
¥ampire Lord of the South
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even more annoying than that is when it won't let me get on my mount
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ agreed, its waiting to Mount in Cyro that bugs me. Especially with Restro staff. Sheathing doesnt lt help as some said,
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even more annoying than that is when it won't let me get on my mount

Even more so when you are dying and respawning and still unable to mount because of "combat".
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree OP
    Also thought you said, "fix it or I'll fix you!" Heh

It's something to do with abilities. Last night I engaged, tried to run. Those that followed me mounted to chase me down.... I tried to mount... stuck in combat...

Imagine the scene in Planet of the Apes where the Apes are riding down Charlton Heston...

Yeah, it was like that
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "In combat" requirements are far to strict in this game, I agree.

It should be as simple as "no healing (you or others), and no damage (to you or others) for 15 seconds means you are out of combat."

Obviously there is some convoluted requirements that make no sense except to the developers who made it happen.

I mean how can I die and still be in-combat? How can I be "hidden" and also be in-combat? Then in combat, then out, then in, then out, over and over again when I am just standing around doing nothing at all?
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    @Wrobel
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

If your not going to fix stuck in combat could you at least reduce the timer? Here's the scenario. I'm a magicka night blade. I've successfully saved myself from combat. I managed to somehow cloak away using cloak even though there are a million counters. I'm not a threat to anyone because I had to run/cloak hundreds of yards away from combat yet people are still around. So I have to be careful. I found a nice rock or tree to hide behind. But guess what, I'm stuck in combat and can't return to stealth for another minute. So I'm Just sitting there spamming cloak hoping no one sees me. This is the stupidest mechanic since launch and never fixed. At this point I don't even know if it is a bug or this is intended. If it's intended either reduce or eliminate the timer. If it's a bug, fix it! I want to play the game, not sit around spamming a skill when I'm not a threat to anyone.

Did you put any DoT while fighting?

I've noticed that anytime I put a DoT, then I'm killed and I respawn at a keep, I cannot fast travel from there to an outpost, for example, because of the same.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    @Wrobel
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Did you put any DoT while fighting?

I've noticed that anytime I put a DoT, then I'm killed and I respawn at a keep, I cannot fast travel from there to an outpost, for example, because of the same.

Dot, no dot, doesn't matter. This has been an issue since launch. What happens is if you initiate combat (e.g. attack a player first) your restricted from going into stealth for a lengthy period of time and your stuck in combat. I think about a minute or so. I don't know if this is a bug or intended. It maybe zos's attempt at balance, (e.g., gives the attacked player a chance to fight back by not allowing attacker to go into stealth and get another sneak attack bonus.) However, it's a terrible design. If a Zerg shows up I just end up spamming cloak anyways to get away from the Zerg. Then I'm stuck spamming 1-2 minutes behind a rock doing nothing trying to avoid the Zerg. All I'm asking is if it's intended just reduce the timer. If not, fix it.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    Options
  • Sureshawt
    Sureshawt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Easily the most irritating bug in the entire game that you experience repeatedly during each gaming session. The worst part is that it has been around so long I can't remember it not being there.

If you can't fix it then at least reduce the timer.
    Options
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been around for how long now? I mean, if they knew how to fix it, surely they would have right?

So yeah, they have no clue on how to fix it.
    Options
  • Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    How is this still a thing... let me on my damn horse, ZOS.
    Options
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not being able to use the mount, oh how I hate it.
    And it's been like that since Launch :sleepy:
    Options
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not just horse mounting. It's weapon swapping too. I get they want a timer on weapon/armor swapping but sometimes it's just painful. Do I really need to wait 30 -60 seconds before I can gear swap weapons again?

You just escaped s hard fought battle. you are safe in your keep and want to try a new type of weapon and get back to the battle. You dig in your inventory and go to swap it out and you have to wait for the flashing black/red of combat to disappear. Annoying as hell.
    Edited by LegacyDM on December 12, 2016 9:33AM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    Options
  • Odditorium
    Odditorium
    ✭✭✭
    It's stupid. And as far as I know, you can't fix stupid
    PC/NA
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Dandy Warhol -|- Odditorium