The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ideas for a female Breton?

cjthenereid
cjthenereid
✭✭✭
Right now I have a female Breton called Flora Jane Grace, the more I think about the name the less I like it! What names do you think suit the Breton culture but also sound like they'd suit a brave explorer? I love the name Jane, so that included as a middle name would be ideal, but I can't think of a first and last one that sounds right with it and still has the Breton touch
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you had a look at the Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP) site? They list most, if not all, of the in-game female names from the ES games there. It's a good place to start, if only for reference.

I could probably bore you silly with how I approach name structure. However, if you want to make up your own name rather than use one that already exists (which is my preference), the best bit of advice I can give is to think about what you want it to say about your character. You have already begun to do that by saying you want something that might suit an explorer. You could also choose something that fits your appearance, or perhaps refers to other aspects of the person you want to play, such as personality. What made you choose 'Flora' and 'Grace'?

Choosing a name is obviously a hugely personal thing. Everyone will have different ideas about how to approach it. I often refer to other less-spoken languages and regional dialects for inspiration, as I did for my Breton and Orc characters.
    Edited by menedhyn on August 7, 2016 6:33AM
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    Well if you want names then Jana or Yana might work for a Breton. There's a number of name generators out there as well which might help out.
    Say please, before you AAAAAaaaarrrgghhh at me.
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bretons usually have French-like names I think. So Flora doesn't seem so bad.
    PC/EU DC
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    Actually Bretons come from Brittany and are descended from people's from the south west of England as well as France. That should make it more confusing. :-)
    Say please, before you AAAAAaaaarrrgghhh at me.
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Druachan wrote: »
    Actually Bretons come from Brittany and are descended from people's from the south west of England as well as France. That should make it more confusing. :-)

That is true for "real world" Bretons, but I was saying that Bretons from Tamriel tend to have French sounding names. Though there are a few exceptions to that rule, some having Irish or English names.
    PC/EU DC