The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unsatisfied with appearance change, time limit suggestion

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
After a bit of messing around with the character change settings, I ended up making my character taller than altmers accidently and so I spent 1k there, so I corrected it and spent another 1k for my mistake and relized my chest is to wide, now I am planning to spend 3k on an appearance change because of my mistakes I made :(.
I really wish there was a time limit so I could see how good it looks so I didn't have to waste buy two appearance change and waste 2k crowns like that, what are zos policies on refunds or maybe policies on giving me a break and offering me a free appearance change token?

I know ppl will say I should have tested it out on another fresh character but you only get 3 chances in deleting and I'm very picky and anyway, it should be more convenient to see how your character will look like
  • cowsayUshi
    cowsayUshi
    ✭✭
    Seeing a character in preview is not enough for people to get really get into it.

I've spent an half hour creating my character, most through trail and error. Little things like: She's too tall, his legs are too skinny, and etc. This is fine In the initial character creation, you get three tries, perfect it on your fourth and if for some reason you still don't like it just wait for your deletes to refresh. However, we can't really do that with these tokens.

I like this idea, setting it to a time limit so you can go around play the game as you will and change it some more or revert back if you don't like it. It would create more room for experimenting with looks and make spending One thousand crowns for an appearance change all the better.

Also, some more tools in character creation might help. Being able to toggle lighting, maniquens that replicate the averge height of each race so you can compare your height with, and allow the user to loop their character into different animations like, running, walking, swinging a sword, jumping, etc.

Good idea.
    Edited by cowsayUshi on August 6, 2016 8:37AM
    Options
  • poochie
    poochie
    ✭✭✭
    Does the makeover let me add the bust size of a orc fem to a bosmer fem? Because orc fems got like the biggest bust in the game...
    Options
  • cowsayUshi
    cowsayUshi
    ✭✭
    poochie wrote: »
    Does the makeover let me add the bust size of a orc fem to a bosmer fem? Because orc fems got like the biggest bust in the game...

Only if you didn't maximize it on your character before, you'll be able to add more.
    Edited by cowsayUshi on August 7, 2016 3:20AM
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol what
    Options
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barbies online confuses me...
    Options
  • Wittychick42
    Wittychick42
    ✭✭✭
    I just redid my Imperial and then realized once I started running around in Tamriel hat her hips are nonexistent! She is all shoulders and no hips. *facepalm*

A time frame for changes would be excellent. I evidently didn't even realize how lopsided her body was until I was out in the world with her, so this would have afforded me to fix that mistake. Just...so frustrating. All I want to do is move that slider to the middle...
    Options
  • Blackbird71
    Blackbird71
    ✭✭✭
    After a bit of messing around with the character change settings, I ended up making my character taller than altmers accidently and so I spent 1k there, so I corrected it and spent another 1k for my mistake and relized my chest is to wide, now I am planning to spend 3k on an appearance change because of my mistakes I made :(.
    I really wish there was a time limit so I could see how good it looks so I didn't have to waste buy two appearance change and waste 2k crowns like that, what are zos policies on refunds or maybe policies on giving me a break and offering me a free appearance change token?

I know ppl will say I should have tested it out on another fresh character but you only get 3 chances in deleting and I'm very picky and anyway, it should be more convenient to see how your character will look like

Not that such a timer is a bad idea, but you also could , you know, stop throwing money at ZOS for this stuff. Then maybe they'd have motivation to improve the way these things work. But as long as people are willing to keep shelling out $$$ for this, then they won't do a thing about it.
    Options
  • Lyrander
    Lyrander
    ✭✭✭
    i dont know... that all sounds really not thought through.

Make it a 5k permanent Token. Or whatever.

A Token that allows you to use the Barber. here we go. Play around. Change your style.

Options