The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hanzo's Meat Medic (Tank/Healer) PVE

Hatoreehanzo
Hatoreehanzo
✭✭✭
This is my build I put together in effort to run dungeons with 3 dps. I have cleared all V16 (160cp) dungeons on Hardmode with it, and it really speeds up the runs. The build does not follow the usual tanking tactics. Instead, you will only be blocking hard hitting mechanics, self/party heal, taunt, and even dps when allowed. I've ran with this build for close to a year now and have received numerous compliments, but have never shared my setup. Well here it is.

To give you an idea of how effective this build is, I can pinion tank the Inhibitor on V16 WGT, eat her entire dot, group kite blue phase, and go back to pinion tanking her after she dives (and the dot reapplies). This allows your 3 monster dps to get portals, while your other 1-2 focus on melting her. And even if for some reason you were to need to close portals, jesus beam (radiant oppression) does the trick. WGT and ICP V16 HM was cleared pre and post nerfs.

Race
Imperial. I chose Imperial long before I knew this build was going to happen. Originally he was a Stamplar DPS, turned tank, turned tank healer, so a long evolution has happened.

Skill Point
Depending on your race, you want to hit 25-27k HP, then dump the remaining into magicka.

Food
Tristat purple is my go to, but max hp/mag works as well.

Potions
Magic

Skills
Bar 1:
Breath of Life (main heal
Inner Fire (ranged taunt, only taunt, unmorphed)
Channeled Focus (source of resistances and magic regen. keep it up)
Puncturing Sweep (self heal and damage)
Defensive Posture (only slotted for the block reduction)
Ult: Rememberance (for the oh crap moments)

Bar 2:
Ritual of Retribution (aoe heal, purify, and damage. keep it up)
Repentance (use for heal/stam when mobs go down)
Luminous Shards (use to CC and help members with stam/mag regen)
Dark Flare (flex dmg spot, could use structured entropy, vampires bane, etc)
Radiant Oppression (execute. it doesn't as hard as a dps, but it's still helpful)
Ult: Nova or Meteor

Gear
The setup is to have 5 Seducer, 4 Kagrenac on your front bar to be able to spam heals/taunts/sweeps at the 8% reduction, and 5 Kagrenac, 4 Seducer on the back bar allows you to help with rezing, executes, shards/repent, and put out a little dps.

Main 1: Seducer Sword (Defending) w/ Absorb Magicka
Main 2: Seducer Shield (Infused) w/ Magicka
Off 1: Seducer Sword (Defending) w/ Absorb Magicka
Off 2: Kagrenac Shield (Infused) w/ Magicka
Head: Heavy Seducer (Infused) w/ Magicka
Shoulders: Heavy Seducer (Divines) w/ Magicka
Chest: Heavy Seducer (Infused) w/ Magicka
Hands: Light Kagrenac (Divines) w/ Magicka
Waist: Light Kagrenac (Divines) w/ Magicka
Legs: Heavy Kagrenac (Infused) w/ Magicka
Feet: Heavy Kagrenac (Divines) w/ Magicka
Ring: Willpower (Healthy or Arcane) Magicka Regen
Ring: Willpower (Healthy or Arcane) Magicka Regen
Neck Willpower (Healthy or Arcane) Magicka Regen

Mundus
Atronach (for the regen)

Champion Points
This is with 501 CP. I am not a formula making guru that min maxes. This is simply what I feel comfortable using for my play style.

Apprentice
Blessed: 60
Elfborn: 30
Elemental Expert: 60
Spell Erosion: 1
Ritual
Thaumaturge: 16
Tower
Magician: 60
Warlord: 17
Lover
Arcanist: 80
Shadow
Tumbling: 10
Lord
Quick Recovery: 20
Lady
Elemental Defender: 60
Hardy: 60
Thick Skinned: 7
Steed
Spell Res: 10
Lord
Heavy Armor Focus: 10

Play Style
This build is meant to run with 3 DPS. Generally fights go as such, channeled focus, ritual, inner fire (ranged taunt everything), bring melee mobs to casters, sweep and heal when needed. Block hard hitting mechanics, and follow up with a heavy attack or repent, to restore your stam. You can even permblock/heal/heavy attack in some instances like ICP's first boss. Always, always, always keep channeled focus up at a minimum.

In addition to this being optimal for PVE, you can hop in PVP and be a solid addition to a group with the replacement of a few skills. I would not advise to run solo. Sure you will have good sustain, heals, and can survive, but your damage isn't high enough to impact good players.

Have fun with it, and I hope everyone enjoys the build!
Edited by Hatoreehanzo on August 5, 2016 8:25PM

PS4 NA
PSN: hatoreehanzo
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/hatoreehanzo
  • Hatoreehanzo
    Hatoreehanzo
    ✭✭✭
    Gear
    The setup is to have 5 Seducer, 4 Kagrenac on your front bar to be able to spam heals/taunts/sweeps at the 8% reduction. The back bar allows you to help with executes, deploy shards/repent, and put out a little dps.

The setup is to have 5 Seducer, 4 Kagrenac on your front bar to be able to spam heals/taunts/sweeps at the 8% reduction, and then 5 Kagrenac, 4 Seducer on your back bar to allow you to help with executes, deploy shards/repent, and put out a little dps.

Edited by Hatoreehanzo on August 5, 2016 3:46PM

PS4 NA
  • Hatoreehanzo
    Hatoreehanzo
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see that this build is highly viable in Shadow of the Hist. If you want to run your daily dungeons fast and efficient with three DPS, give it a shot!

PS4 NA
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems like a nice build.

Might want to rethink the name though.

A meat medic sounds like something completely different :)
  • Hatoreehanzo
    Hatoreehanzo
    ✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Seems like a nice build.

Might want to rethink the name though.

A meat medic sounds like something completely different :)
    Lol, thanks. What do you mean by the name? I wanted it to cover tanking (meat shield) and healing (medic), thus meat medic.

PS4 NA
  • DaneWilson87
    Have you ever thought about running Blazing Shield? And/or tried it.

I currently run Templar Tank, but I'm more tank focused and less heal focused. Though I can heal a normal or "oh-[snip]" heal a vet. But I think that the shield adds a fair amount of DPS and mitigation.

Curious on your thoughts!
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on May 22, 2018 6:22PM
    Dane Wilson
    Argonian Templar Tank [PS4]
    Argonian Warden Tank [PC]
  • Hatoreehanzo
    Hatoreehanzo
    ✭✭✭

I currently run Templar Tank, but I'm more tank focused and less heal focused. Though I can heal a normal or "oh-[snip]" heal a vet. But I think that the shield adds a fair amount of DPS and mitigation.

I've ran a blazing shield build that focuses on stacking over 60k hp and it's great in pvp, but lacks depth in pvp. I can easily put annulment on this setup and mitigate more damage than BS, plus heal, offer utility, and throw light dps.
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on May 22, 2018 6:22PM

PS4 NA
  • DaneWilson87

I currently run Templar Tank, but I'm more tank focused and less heal focused. Though I can heal a normal or "oh-sh*t" heal a vet. But I think that the shield adds a fair amount of DPS and mitigation.

I've ran a blazing shield build that focuses on stacking over 60k hp and it's great in pvp, but lacks depth in pvp. I can easily put annulment on this setup and mitigate more damage than BS, plus heal, offer utility, and throw light dps.

Yeah, I run a bit more of a traditional tank, and it's a huge part of my on-demand mitigation. But I also like spamming it for big AoE pulls. I suppose it probably does a bit more damage for me with my set up, as it's based off HP, and you're running a lighter HP setup.

Thanks for your feedback! :D
    Dane Wilson
    Argonian Templar Tank [PS4]
    Argonian Warden Tank [PC]
  • Hatoreehanzo
    Hatoreehanzo
    ✭✭✭

I currently run Templar Tank, but I'm more tank focused and less heal focused. Though I can heal a normal or "oh-sh*t" heal a vet. But I think that the shield adds a fair amount of DPS and mitigation.

Yeah, I run a bit more of a traditional tank, and it's a huge part of my on-demand mitigation. But I also like spamming it for big AoE pulls. I suppose it probably does a bit more damage for me with my set up, as it's based off HP, and you're running a lighter HP setup.

Thanks for your feedback! :D

Yea with the HP I run, 30% and the magic cost doesn't suffice. I normally don't block trash and sweep heal. If it's a hard hitting mechanic I'll block and immediately heavy attack or heal through.

PS4 NA