Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Drop rate of Gold Temper on Writs?

raasdal
raasdal
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone has a compilation of data, showing the droprate of gold temper for blacksmith / clothier / woodwork writs?

Same goes for Surveys. What are the drop chances?

To me, it feels like a 33% drop chance on both. I will get a gold temper every other to every third writ. And the same for Surveys.

Anyone have confirmed data?
PC - EU
Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't get any Gold Tempers from Surveys. You have the same chance to get a Gold Temper from refining what you get from the surveys, but that is no different than raw mats you find out in the world and refine. You do have a small chance to get a Kuta from Enchanting Surveys, but that is about it. I did 20 Enchanting Surveys in Wrothgar and pulled 2 Kuta's.

As for the Gold Tempers in the Durable Writ Rewards, it was about a 33% to 50% chance prior to the update. After the update, it seemed a little less, but I have only done 5 equipment writs since the update.
    Edited by Nestor on August 5, 2016 2:57PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was doing max level writs on 5 of my toons before the latest patch(stopped doing equipment ones until they fix surveys).
    For each crafting profession, I seem to pull in about 4-8 gold tempers each week - this is out of 35 (5x7) writs done each week. For some reason, I seem to pull in Kuta at a slightly higher rate (7-10 each week) for my 35 writs. Note: this is just anecdotal info as I've yet to do a detailed analysis, although I've been doing them for well over a year this way.

Your own mileage may vary.