Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Viper and skirmisher combo.

Brutusmax1mus
Brutusmax1mus
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey y'all, thanks for help in advance.

I currently don't have the complete sets to test this, so I'm reaching out to those who may have tried it.

Of the gear set by combinations, I'm wondering what would give the best burst and what would give the best dps, utilizing both sets with 5 pieces.

Skirmisher/viper
Skirmisher/Hundings(or another crafted set)
Viper/Hundings(or another crafted set)

I'll be using this on a stamina Templar. Going for trying to get jabs as high as possible.

Any others gear/build advice?

• AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE or PvP? In PvE I imagine that skirmishers is a DPS loss. In PvP might work, but I'd pair it with the eternal hunt set.

I've used hundings+viper on my stamDK in PvP the last two nights to great affect.
    Edited by AverageJo3Gam3r on August 4, 2016 1:41PM
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skirmisher is going to be a dps loss for you in a trial setting, likely in group dungeons too. Its best use would be in pvp, particularly when paired with something like Morihaus or another set that affords high sustain (and a CP allocation for dodge rolling). It's a niche setup and doesn't lend itself well to sustained pve dps rotations, and chances are you would be starved for stamina due to the necessity to dodge roll to maintain your elevated stats.

Viper is a decent choice. The crit is nice for pve, similar to that of Hundings, but I don't believe it's the highest you can do. I'm sure others will have some valuable insight too, but my thoughts are to pair TBS with Vicious Ophidian. I might be worth trying TBS with Viper too.

As a general guideline (apply it situationally), TBS is the most flexible and highest crafted dps set. The days of Hundings (in pve) are passing, and of late everything I've seen and done personally supports that TBS wins out against it. A recent Blood Spawn dps test of mine shows, with all else constant, that TBS improved my single target self-buffed parse by almost 2k over Hundings. If you'd prefer not to use TBS, consider instead using Night Mother (unless someone else is running it in your trial group). If someone is already running Night Mother, go for TBS.
    Edited by Autolycus on August 4, 2016 3:29PM
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So i take it you went tbs with the crit chance and crit damage mundus?

I'm doing this for a pve and pvp set up, shooting for higher burst over sustained. I mainly pvp but do dungeons too with the occasional trial. trying to save loot as gearing my 6 new characters has grown expensive. So trying to get the most out of one set, i know it won't be optimal in both it even 1 perhaps.

With out a created set I'll have no impen which scares me regarding pvp lol.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd have separate sets for PvE and PvP. Hundings is still better for PvP because most people run high crit resist, so TBS will be inconsistent.