Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Just hit 160CP PVE stamplar, need some advice please

undefeatdgaul
undefeatdgaul
✭✭✭
Hey people, Ive been back at it for awhile now after being away for almost a year. Im at 164CP, imperial stamplar. I need some good gear now and Ive been reading a lot saying Hundings Rage, Twice Born Star, Night mothers are very good for what im doing, which is PVE and mostly geared toward DPS, although I use a 2H instead of DW for the extra survivability (which is significant for me), and I enjoy killing things with a giant sword.

That said I just had a few questions:

Can anybody from personal experience give me some recommendations with the gear set and maybe jewelry? I just dont know enough about it to make an informed decision.

Ive been seeing in guild stores this Viper set which is expensive, but looks pretty solid; how does that compare?

Since I cant ask on here for help crafting a set how do you recommend finding somebody to help me? Im only level 31 clothing so I dont think Im of much use yet, although I have a half decent amount of materials.

Thank you very much
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hundings Rage/Night Mother is a good combo for a Critical Strike Stamina Build. Ashen Grip is good if your trying to get the most Damage in a Crafted Set combo to mix with Hundings 5 Piece. Then try to scare up some Agility Jewelry (Robust is super expensive, Healthy is a workable stat until you can find or afford the Robust).

I would not be in a rush to make CP160 Armor, but do be in a hurry to get CP160 Weapons. You can get the gear later once you decide about Hundings/Night Mother or Hundings/Ashen Grip or whatever.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• undefeatdgaul
    undefeatdgaul
    ✭✭✭
    What type of weapons do you recommend? I usually use a 2H. Get it crafted or can I find them somewhere? Arena?

Thank you again
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What type of weapons do you recommend? I usually use a 2H. Get it crafted or can I find them somewhere? Arena?

Thank you again

The weapons would be from the crafted set for now. So, 5 pieces of Hundings Rage, probably all armor, then the two armor pieces left over, then the weapon will give you a 3 piece bonus for the next set.

Also, I may not have been clear in above previous post, CP150 Armor and CP160 Weapons. Probably only need Purple for the armor, but go ahead and go for Gold Improvement on the weapons.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• undefeatdgaul
    undefeatdgaul
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Thank you again

The weapons would be from the crafted set for now. So, 5 pieces of Hundings Rage, probably all armor, then the two armor pieces left over, then the weapon will give you a 3 piece bonus for the next set.

Also, I may not have been clear in above previous post, CP150 Armor and CP160 Weapons. Probably only need Purple for the armor, but go ahead and go for Gold Improvement on the weapons.

Ok great ill try that, just go for the CP150 armor and work on getting the 160 weapons, thanks alot Im just trying to learn some more about how all the gear works & I appreciate the help!

Im also going to make a push to get Vigor so I can try to get more used to DW and not die all the time haha, Im just so comfortable with 2H its a hard transition for me

For stamplar hundings is the best for the main 5 pieces right? Night mother or Twice born starn wouldnt work as well?

My crafting is only 32 or so now, but Ive been doing alot of research and working on it so maybe if I cant find somebody ill be able to make my own pretty soon!

thank you again!
  • Freakquent
    Freakquent
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Thank you again

Ok great ill try that, just go for the CP150 armor and work on getting the 160 weapons, thanks alot Im just trying to learn some more about how all the gear works & I appreciate the help!

Im also going to make a push to get Vigor so I can try to get more used to DW and not die all the time haha, Im just so comfortable with 2H its a hard transition for me

For stamplar hundings is the best for the main 5 pieces right? Night mother or Twice born starn wouldnt work as well?

My crafting is only 32 or so now, but Ive been doing alot of research and working on it so maybe if I cant find somebody ill be able to make my own pretty soon!

thank you again!

I personally would go with Hundings Rage as your first cp160 gear, seeing as any other stamina toon can use it and it could be good. Twice Born Star is good for PVE, but not much for PVP.
    CP400+
    PC/NA PVP: BWB, Trueflame, Haderus & Azura's
    Typically known as Eunil - Peio - Dobrev
    Pugz - Imperial Trade Union - The Guardians Galore
  • undefeatdgaul
    undefeatdgaul
    ✭✭✭
    [/quote]

I personally would go with Hundings Rage as your first cp160 gear, seeing as any other stamina toon can use it and it could be good. Twice Born Star is good for PVE, but not much for PVP. [/quote]

Thank you!
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Viper set works really well for melee builds so it will fit right in with your 2H skills and will Proc a lot. Go with Viper Jewelry and two armor pieces as the sharpened weapons cost more than the jewelry does. That leaves you with 6 spots left so if you have a Kena shoulder or helm go with that and then have 5 hundings made. Those two sets should work great together for you.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • undefeatdgaul
    undefeatdgaul
    ✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    The Viper set works really well for melee builds so it will fit right in with your 2H skills and will Proc a lot. Go with Viper Jewelry and two armor pieces as the sharpened weapons cost more than the jewelry does. That leaves you with 6 spots left so if you have a Kena shoulder or helm go with that and then have 5 hundings made. Those two sets should work great together for you.

Thanks alot! that gave me some good ideas. I already have a couple pieces of purple cp150 hundings so heres what im thinking let me know your thoughts

Hundings Rage:

Shoulders
    Jack
    Bracers
    Belt
    2h

Viper:

Boots
    Guards
    Necklace
    Ring x2

Kena:

Helm

If im looking at this right I think that should give me +2752 weapon crit, +7562 max stamina (the viper set is all max stamina right?) , +429 weapon damage & that extra 8311 poison damage every 4 seconds with the Viper Set. Looks pretty sexy to me what do you think??

Also since my health is low (about 13k) should I try to put health enchantments on the hundings gear instead of stamina?

Thanks for the help! much appreciated
    Edited by undefeatdgaul on August 11, 2016 2:54PM
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your setup looks pretty good. What traits do you have on the armor you have? If you don't have Impen on a couple you'll want to change those out. Go with the smaller armor(belt, boot, gloves or shoulder) pieces for the Impen pieces as armor size doesn't increase the Impen stat on it. 3 Impen, 2 Divines and 2 Infused(Chest/legs for biggest boost) is a good way to go for PVP.

Unless the Wiki is outdated, below is the Viper set bonuses.

[img][/img]168WIAX.jpg

As far as + health enchants, you may not need them with a purple tri stat food buff. Below are the CP 150 Tri Stat buffs and a Health + Stamina buff if you don't need magicka.

Blue Food Buff
    [img][/img]ZBYPdqf.jpg

Purple Food Buff
    [img][/img]XgzpbLE.jpg

NA Server - Kildair
  • undefeatdgaul
    undefeatdgaul
    ✭✭✭
    Your setup looks pretty good. What traits do you have on the armor you have? If you don't have Impen on a couple you'll want to change those out. Go with the smaller armor(belt, boot, gloves or shoulder) pieces for the Impen pieces as armor size doesn't increase the Impen stat on it. 3 Impen, 2 Divines and 2 Infused(Chest/legs for biggest boost) is a good way to go for PVP.

Unless the Wiki is outdated, below is the Viper set bonuses.

[img][/img]168WIAX.jpg

As far as + health enchants, you may not need them with a purple tri stat food buff. Below are the CP 150 Tri Stat buffs and a Health + Stamina buff if you don't need magicka.

Blue Food Buff
    [img][/img]ZBYPdqf.jpg

Purple Food Buff
    [img][/img]XgzpbLE.jpg

I dont really play PVP at all I mostly stick to PVE. The 3 hundings rage pieces I have so far are all Divines. I have alot of good recipes I just have never done provisioning at all, Ive never eaten food for buffs or made any hahah Ill have to buy some from the guild shop
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont really play PVP at all I mostly stick to PVE. The 3 hundings rage pieces I have so far are all Divines. I have alot of good recipes I just have never done provisioning at all, Ive never eaten food for buffs or made any hahah Ill have to buy some from the guild shop

Then you won't need any Impen at all as that's just for PVP unless PVE NPC's can crit now. With so many changes made to the game who really knows.

Food buffs help out a lot. If you only need 2 main stats then use the blue food for the bigger buff.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • undefeatdgaul
    undefeatdgaul
    ✭✭✭

Then you won't need any Impen at all as that's just for PVP unless PVE NPC's can crit now. With so many changes made to the game who really knows.

Food buffs help out a lot. If you only need 2 main stats then use the blue food for the bigger buff.

do you think for PVE the viper set is better than night mother?

its pretty much - 2580 physical resistance for the night mother vs 8311 poison damage for the viper. is the reduction in physical resistance a noticeable DPS improvement over the 8k poison damage?
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

do you think for PVE the viper set is better than night mother?

its pretty much - 2580 physical resistance for the night mother vs 8311 poison damage for the viper. is the reduction in physical resistance a noticeable DPS improvement over the 8k poison damage?

I've seen more bow builds go with Night Mothers as the main set for the reduced resistance but not sure about melee builds. Also, since that set only Proc's on Crits it would depend on what your crit % is, if it's below 50% it probably wouldn't benefit you that much. The Viper set will proc every 4 seconds with your melee light/heavy or any weapon skill attacks. Just don't try to use it with a bow, regardless of the bow skill used or distance to the target, I couldn't get Viper set to proc on any bow attacks.
    NA Server - Kildair