Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should I buy a horse with crowns?

happymaarit
happymaarit
✭✭✭
Hey guys :smiley:

Wow, I just signed up for the ESO plus and the servers went down LOL

But I saw that I got crowns (sweet) and I don't have a horse, should I buy one, like the cheapest just so I can start upgrading the bags at once?

Just starting the game so I am a total noob :)

Best Answers

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A horse is a good buy .
    Answer ✓
  • LadyScarlett
    LadyScarlett
    ✭✭
    I bought my first horse with crowns. I worked on speed and some stamina before bags. It's a personal choice.

Welcome to the game, and have fun. :#
    Answer ✓
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My opinion it is not a good idea to spend crowns on stuff you can buy with gold. crown mounts have no benefit other than eye candy. Just do every quest, pick up and sell ordinate items, refine and sell excess materials, steal stuff and fence them (avoid pickpocketing untill you get good) and you should have plenty of gold for the basic horse within a few days.

Also you can upgrade your horse even if you don't own one by going to the second tab in the stables. the upgrades are for the characters riding skill not your mount so if you change characters you keep the horse but your skills are at 0 for that character. so I would try the basic in-game training until you are 100% sure you are going to stick to your character, my advice try playing at least 2 guys till level 20 they you can consider mount training scrolls ect.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    like the cheapest just so I can start upgrading the bags at once?

Just starting the game so I am a total noob :)

Since you have ESO Plus, the main reason to upgrade the bags on the horse has gone away, Crafting Bags to hold all your crafting mats. Which means you don't have to figure out how to store 100 to 240 different things for crafting. Now, the first three character upgrades are pretty cheap to get you 30 more bags, and the first two bank upgrades are not that bad.

So, I would focus on Speed for the first few upgrades now, probably up to 20 or 30 in that, then start upgrading the bags. A horses base speed is slow, like not much faster than your character can run. It is almost frustrating its so slow. If your not going to ride the horse for a while (and it's probably better if you farm for stuff to not even ride anyway) then do the bags and speed, switching off each day, until you find your self wanting to ride more.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • Travy_2Hype
    Travy_2Hype
    ✭✭✭
    I would save up Gold and buy a horse. I think the cheapest horse is approximately 20k gold.
    Nestor is also correct. Since you have ESO plus, you now have a crafting bag which is a god send! You won't need bag upgrades as much unless you do a lot of looting before clearing your inventory.

I typically use my crowns on fun stuff - costumes, morphs, cool looking mounts, etc.

If you're set on getting something to ride then I'd suggest getting a mount you prefer, not just a horse (unless horses are your thing). With that being said there is a new Guar Mount coming out on the 16th (unless you're on PC, then it's already out).
    X-Box: EU

Orc Stamina DragonKnight - Tank
    Altmer Magicka Templar - DPS
    Redguard Stamina Sorcerer - DPS
    Answer ✓
  • Deathgiggle
    Deathgiggle
    ✭✭✭
    I was just curious, I'm on PS4 as well. I bought a Guar mount but really any mount will do, it's just what you prefer seeing when you whip it out.

There is a sale going on right now until the 8th for Crowns on the PS4, so if you need a few more you can get em cheap right now. I used my first 1500 to buy my mount, all the other stuff is just fluff but you use a mount every day.
    Answer ✓
  • happymaarit
    happymaarit
    ✭✭✭
    I bought my first horse with crowns. I worked on speed and some stamina before bags. It's a personal choice.

Welcome to the game, and have fun. :#

Thank you!
    Perhaps the speed and stamina is better because I got the crafting bag, which is so awesome :D
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to spend crowns you can also buy the imperial edition. It gives you a horse, along with a few other perks besides the mount. I would save gold and buy at the stable though.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • Deathgiggle
    Deathgiggle
    ✭✭✭
    Are you on PC, Xbox or PS4?
  • happymaarit
    happymaarit
    ✭✭✭
    Are you on PC, Xbox or PS4?

I'm on Ps4, is there any difference? :)
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You shouldn't buy horse with crowns, you should buy those guars with crowns ;)
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • happymaarit
    happymaarit
    ✭✭✭
    Wow wrote: »

Nooo! They are not pretty :wink:
    I have seen a black cat with glowing blue stripes that looks awesome though :smiley:

And I think I have half the gold needed to buy it in game, so perhaps it doesn't take that long...
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And I think I have half the gold needed to buy it in game, so perhaps it doesn't take that long...

There is a 10,000 Gold Horse, and 3 42,000 Gold Horses. There is no difference between them other than color of the hides. Of course if you have the Imperial Edition, your horse only costs 1 Gold.

Last time I checked, horses in the Crown Store were like 700 Gold, special mounts are more. It is almost worth spending real money (Crowns) on a horse if you don't have the Imperial Edition.

Then again, with Legerdemain you can steal and fence to get the 10,000 gold in one or two days, depending on how many Green Items you can steal. And, there are some nice passives in the Legerdemain line you can get by leveling that skill (which you do by Fencing and Laundering)

Edited by Nestor on August 5, 2016 3:56PM

• NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wow wrote: »

Nooo! They are not pretty :wink:
    I have seen a black cat with glowing blue stripes that looks awesome though :smiley:

That cat costs more than Orsinium - just consider your options...
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • happymaarit
    happymaarit
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Then again, with Legerdemain you can steal and fence to get the 10,000 gold in one or two days, depending on how many Green Items you can steal. And, there are some nice passives in the Legerdemain line you can get by leveling that skill (which you do by Fencing and Laundering)

I tried the stealing stuff today, I barley could do the quest for thieves guild and Quen, and when I tried the 24 hour thing I gave up :smiley:

The sync up to level 160 is strange, no way I could do the quest, I will wait until I'm better LOL
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried the stealing stuff today, I barley could do the quest for thieves guild and Quen, and when I tried the 24 hour thing I gave up :smiley:

The sync up to level 160 is strange, no way I could do the quest, I will wait until I'm better LOL

Ah, yes, the TG Guild Quests might be a little tough for an L12 who is new to the game.

The stealing I am referring to is the stuff in towns marked owned. Your Ebonheart so your in Stone Falls. In Davon's Watch there are some places that have lots of containers to steal from with little to no NPCs around, and the ones that are around are on a patch so you can wait and avoid them. Anyway, grab everything you can that is marked owned, even cheap provisioning ingredients and style mats. Go into the Refuge behind the bank and Launder the cheap stuff and Fence the expensive stuff. Once you reach L2 in Legerdemain, you can more than double how much you can fence or launder each day.

• happymaarit
    happymaarit
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Ah, yes, the TG Guild Quests might be a little tough for an L12 who is new to the game.

Thank you so much for this!
    I will try it tomorrow, you are my hero right now :D
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you want a unique mount like a guar, senche, or bear, go ahead! However, a basic horse with 10k gold is better to buy that waste money on a simple mount.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • happymaarit
    happymaarit
    ✭✭✭
    If you want a unique mount like a guar, senche, or bear, go ahead! However, a basic horse with 10k gold is better to buy that waste money on a simple mount.

I just started the game so I just want the cheapest horse with some speed, it is good to have some dreams like a cute black cat for the long run <3:)
  • happymaarit
    happymaarit
    ✭✭✭
    @Nestor!
    I'm going to get a horse today I think, thanks for the stolen stuff post, I'm going to get rich tra la la laaa :smiley: