Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No Zos statement about Error 17, preventing launching....please Zos acknowledge the game is borked

Sheezabeast
Sheezabeast
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Many people are being prompted to repair the game which leads to a full re-download of the game, and playing loads part of the launch then error 17 and crash.

Someone from Zos please take note of this
Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont know how to tag a zos employee could someone tag one of them for me that knows how
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • KimberlyannKitsuragi
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothing i do lets me load the game, ive reinstalled the game 3 times in a loop and im so frustrated, error 17 over and over

Zos what do i do from here
  • Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are downloading through steam DO NOT VERIFY CACHE
    Instead use the repair function in your launcher.
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont use steam
  • Zagadka
    Zagadka
    ✭✭
    I know this is a bit of a necropost, but I'm having the exact same error and nothing seems to be working. Just wondering if you found a way to get the game to work?
  • Zagadka
    Zagadka
    ✭✭
    Just an update for anyone having the issue; Apparently I hit the end of ESO's tech support tree and they just told me it was my ISP (Frontier)'s fault. Frontier, of course, has no clue what this is all about.
  • Kwint0n
    Kwint0n
    i am having the same issue, can zos pls release how to fix it
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭
    C'mon now, seriously...we all know ZOS doesn't own their mistakes. If they did, the company's first line of defense wouldn't be to blame someone/something else. It's always the fault of our hardware, or our ISP, add-ons, out of date drivers...anime pron, ISIS, aliens, Trump (that's a real possibility), fake news...or any other excuse to cover for the fact they dropped the ball, again.
    Edited by THWIP71 on August 18, 2017 4:02AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Since this thread is a year old we are going to close it as a necro. For anyone running into a Fatal Error in the launch, please try the troubleshooting in the article listed below. You may also start a new thread on this topic as well.

What do I do if I get "Fatal Error 6," "Fatal Error 11," or "Fatal Error 12" when I click Play in the ESO Launcher?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.