Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Looking for a little help.

locomolarry
Let me first say I am 66yo so I don't have any friends who play TESO to practice things with. I play on PC. I am a level 46 Altmer Sorcerer using Destruction Magic and Staff. I wear Medium Armor, so I usually play damage dealer; some tank depending on enemies. I am in the Aldmeri Dominion.
I have NEVER used chat/ headsets/ or done any grouping on PC. I have always been a solo player due to my first statement. I would like to find folks willing to aid me in learning to be more fluent in communication and grouping. Anyone interested?
Thanks for reading my request,
Larry Bowen aka Newobyrral
Down here in Sunny Florida
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When the servers are back up and running again I'll send you a friends request.

By the way don't expect me to do much that requires me to be around guards. I kinda had too much fun in werewolf form at the caravan in reapers march. I wand up getting a pretty big bounty over my head :)
    Edited by raidentenshu_ESO on August 1, 2016 11:10AM
  • locomolarry
    @raidentenshu_ESO
    WOW, Thanks for the superquick response. Will be there. Also if you want to real speak; I'm cool with the telephone.
    Thanks,
    Larry Bowen
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hello Larry :)

You're welcome. Always willing to help out another player :) No need to speak over the phone, thought.
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Larry, I too am in your age bracket - there are a few of us around the traps ;)

Best thing to do is to get yourself a cheap USB headset and then download and install Teamspeak. This is a voice communication package and is pretty simple to set up and use and seems to be the most popular voice comms package on PC.

Then you should think about joining a decent guild, if you message me in-game (@ name is same as forum name) I can suggest a couple.

Once you do that you can arrange to get on Teamspeak with some of your guildies who will be more than happy to "show you the ropes" :)

Enjoy your Tamriel adventures, I'm having a blast with mine.
  • locomolarry
    @raidentenshu_ESO ntenshu..........Sorry I missed you on Monday. I was unaware of the length of the maintenance for the Hist downloads. I had planned on playing from noon to around six. Since the d/l was going to take so long, I headed out for the day for other stuff to do around the homestead. I must admit that since I am normally a solo in the game; I am a bit intimidated by trying this grouping thing. Maybe try again today or just flat-out set up a meeting time on here.
    Again, I apologize for missing you,
    Larry
  • locomolarry
    @Elephant42 ..............Hello. Thank you for some great advice. Already got a headset. Just never had it out of the box until now. I'll try to catch you in game.
    Again I say, Thank you,
    Larry Bowen, aka Newobyrral in-game