Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Race Change Price

magnusthorek
magnusthorek
✭✭✭✭✭
I "heard" in Cyrodiil zone chat today someone saying the Race Change will cost 3k Crowns.

Is this abuse for real?
I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Changing your entire race so you can take advantage of the FOTM passives and builds should cost that much IMHO.
  • Rayya_Blackheart
    Rayya_Blackheart
    ✭✭✭
    PC NA Rayya Blackheart pitiful DPS NB CP160
    PC NA Phaedra Phoenix beast mode Templar Healer CP160
    PC NA lvl6 Mudcrab
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changing your entire race so you can take advantage of the FOTM passives and builds should cost that much IMHO.
    You might think of that, but 21€, including taxes, is almost 80 bucks in my country, and it's of ZOS fault in raising so much (relatively speaking) the difficult of some end-game content to make some Races not viable anymore.

And the new racial passives sucks!
    Thanks you

I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3000 tokens for race change, and you are *** even more if you choosed racial naming convention on your toon for example Runs-With-Scissors (Argonian). And you want to race change to Breton, and that's stupid for a breton to have "Runs-With-Scissors" as name lol.

There goes additional +2500 tokens for name change.So how many dollors that gonna cost? A full priced game?

When I first heard about this I was like great! I might grab 1 or 2, but after seeing the prices. 0 sales from me ZoS.
    Edited by Wow on July 31, 2016 10:01PM
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's quicker and cheaper to just roll a new Character. To be honest, I'm not sympathetic on the price because I don't think they should allow it at all.
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's quicker and cheaper to just roll a new Character. To be honest, I'm not sympathetic on the price because I don't think they should allow it at all.

Why not? What is the difference between me changing race vs making a new character? How does it affect you?
    PC/EU DC
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just because it doesn't affect me directly, doesn't mean I can't be against the process.

If you can't see the difference between creating and leveling a new character and just flipping a switch to be FOTM - I certainly won't be able to explain to you.
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just because it doesn't affect me directly, doesn't mean I can't be against the process.

If you can't see the difference between creating and leveling a new character and just flipping a switch to be FOTM - I certainly won't be able to explain to you.

I've just seen a lot of people in these race change threads say that it is a bad idea. Non of them have given any reason why it is bad. The only argument I've heard is that there won't be racial diversity and it might create racial exclusions for content. The only problem is this is already a thing with how easy it is to level in this game. I've yet to hear an argument about how race change hurts the game in a way that making another character does not. People chasing the meta and FOTM will do so even if they have to make a new character. And for that matter, I've never understood the hate for FOTM. Why does it matter what people play. MMOs are a constantly changing arena, who cares what other people play?
    PC/EU DC
  • thisisScoMan
    thisisScoMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ref wrote: »
    3000 tokens for race change, and you are *** even more if you choosed racial naming convention on your toon for example Runs-With-Scissors (Argonian). And you want to race change to Breton, and that's stupid for a breton to have "Runs-With-Scissors" as name lol.

There goes additional +2500 tokens for name change.So how many dollors that gonna cost? A full priced game?

When I first heard about this I was like great! I might grab 1 or 2, but after seeing the prices. 0 sales from me ZoS.

Isn't there a "Race + Name change" pack for 3,500 crowns?

So isn't the name change then 500 crowns?
    Xbox One. NA Server
    Australian.
    600+ CP
    DC - 3 x Level 50
    AD - 2 x Level 50
    EP - 3 x Level 50
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, it's RACE and APPEARANCE change for 3500... not name change.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Technically it's not cheaper unless you never upgrade your mount speed and want to spend MONTHS doing so with gold. Reality is, it's MUCH cheaper to do race/appearance and name change than it is to pay the Crown Store mount upgrade costs. So sure, you want to run on a slow horse for months and have less inventory, etc... then create a new character, but if you want to switch and immediately have full access... then it's cheaper to pay the 'change' costs.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • thisisScoMan
    thisisScoMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

Actually, it's RACE and APPEARANCE change for 3500... not name change.

But... race change is always going to give you an appearance change? How can you change race but not appearance?

From the Update 11 Guide in News...

Packs & Bundles

When Update 11 is released, we'll have some special packs and bundles that you may want to consider. If you like changing up your look from time to time, we'll be offering a pack that includes all the existing hair styles (90+ in all!). This will allow you to freely change your hair style to anything available on the character creation screen as often as you like, though normal race and/or gender restrictions do apply. If you're interested in doing a complete overhaul on your character, you'll want to check out the Name and Race Change Bundle which will offer huge savings, available for 3500 crowns.

Xbox One. NA Server
    Australian.
    600+ CP
    DC - 3 x Level 50
    AD - 2 x Level 50
    EP - 3 x Level 50
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still laugh everytime i hear 3k crowns.

People have wrong race characters from all the way back to the beginning of the game, the point were softcaps were a thing and races wasn't used to boost you character but to help with weaknesses, e.g. getting a stamina race when your magicka.

But the game changed, the race passives changed and now zos want 3k crowns for you to change something which you picked right a while ago.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Changing your race should cost a lot of money as you are basically circumventing the process of rolling a new character and levelling them up. This should be discouraged as it is generally just a quick solution for people.

Now if they radically change racial abilities to the point that it hurts your character, the option of discounted or free race changes should be considered, in the same way they have been doing with skill points as they have been tweaking them.

I do have an issue with the suggested cost of a characters name change but that is a different story...
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Time is money. You save a *lot* of time by changing race instead of rolling a new character. You can grind to Level 50 really fast, but Alliance War skills, Undaunted skills, Fighters/Mages guild, hunting down all the skyshards, 180 days of horse upgrades, backpack upgrades, character titles, etc., etc., can be a long and expensive process. If you want to skip all that, expect to pay.
  • BruhItsOver9000
    BruhItsOver9000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they could reduce the price of the bundle as a first time discount.
    WOOD ELF MASTER RACE.

• nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Since launch with how much racial passives have changed, will change and how max stats effect overall damage due to these changes they really do owe us either a freebee per alt or a reduced cost. Who cares if you do not like FOTM what is more important is that players chose races and names to match those races then had the rug pulled out form under them and now are getting gouged if they want to update to match current gameplay.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    FOTM wouldn't even exist if they balanced their game properly.
  • pecheckler
    pecheckler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    $30 to change race is ridiculous.
    End the tedious inventory management game.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so now the best argument is FOTM? lol gtfo with that.
    It's the smallest part of the equation after class,skills,rotation,gear.oh yeah the person behind the keyboard too!!
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    You might think of that, but 21€, including taxes, is almost 80 bucks in my country, and it's of ZOS fault in raising so much (relatively speaking) the difficult of some end-game content to make some Races not viable anymore.

And the new racial passives sucks!
    Thanks you

That is cheap do race change in SWTOR you have pay for each part from the race, heigh, color of eyes, skins tone, hair style, hair color, scar, makeup and so on with "real money" so pay 80 bucks to change everything on char here in ESO is cheap beside i dont know why you all are so upset it is we that have ask for this feature and when we get people whine like hell and have anyone on everything that price is set so we should race change every 2 day i just say just maybe is that high
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jhharvest wrote: »
    FOTM wouldn't even exist if they balanced their game properly.

"Flying Pigs" is the only balanced MMO I know of....

• jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    jbjondeaueb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    My biggest issue is not really the actual price of the "Race Change", it's

What will happen if they change again the racial passives ?, or something more giving importance to racial passives if we already paid for "Race Change" on a character. My main is a Dunmer Templar healer, created 2 months after the beginning of the game (on PC) because i didn't like my DK. There were soft caps and a lot of things which were not making race choice a big difference in the end game, mainly soft caps, but now i miss the mana regen of an Altmer or the healing done of an Argonian (?) (still weaker passives than most of the other races; btw poor Lizards, mistreated from the beginning of the game, i'm not a Dres).

I want my main to be the one who continues to have all the achievements, I have the time to make a new char but i don't want to have to do it each time ZOS change his mind.If ZOS decides to rework the racial passives in 2 years, will i have to pay 3.5K crowns to change again on the same character my race and name ?

At least once you use a token on a specific char you should be able to change again for free once in a while (once a year for example), and several times during a very short period of time (say 2 weeks as example after you use a token) the time to see what fits you the best.
    Pain-Healer - Argonian Templar Healer (EP) - Immortal Redeemer - Gryphon's Heart
    Guild : Ghosts and Goblins Target Dummies
    Players know me as Jeban
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very disappointing those high prices are..! I'd love to see a special offer for the first race change, which would make many of us very happy.. Especially those players, who have been loyal to ESO since day 1. It is them who wish a race change.. At least one should be affordable, come on ZOS..
  • Khairiah
    Khairiah
    ✭✭✭
    If u think the cost will be/is too high just go make urself a new toon.. CPs and gear is transferable anyway and u can go 1-50 in as little as 5 hours with training gear, mara ring, scroll/pots and a partner So u want some cheese for the whine?
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Flavor of the Month??

High Elf and Redguard have been Flavor of the Past Two Years.

• Jim_Berry
    Jim_Berry
    ✭✭✭
    3k Crowns cost $25

If eager to change the race on your character, I think the best option is to buy another month of ESO Plus for 1500 Crowns and then spend another $15 for 1500 more Crowns. Yeah, it's $30, but I'll look at it like I'm paying $5 for ESO Plus at that point.

*EDIT*
    Sorry for the bump. Didn't realize this was an old topic.
    Edited by Jim_Berry on January 13, 2017 3:48PM