The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Deconstructing cp 160 gear/weapons

Hearts_Wake
Hearts_Wake
✭✭✭
So it takes 150-160 mats to craft cp 160 fear but deconstructing only yields single digits? What gives??
QQ.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep - a huge loss if you make the wrong thing.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »

If you craft the wrong c160 item, you get like 90 back from decon. Yeah still a loss, but not as bad as decon'ing looted c160 stuff....where you're lucky if you get 3 lol.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Cydone 90... I wish, it's more like mid 50's....
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »

I've done it a couple of times with rubedite armor. I got around 90 back each time.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cydone wrote: »
    Robbmrp wrote: »

I've done it a couple of times with rubedite armor. I got around 90 back each time.

I believe it's a RNG percentage. You just happened to be lucky both times :)

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cydone wrote: »

If you craft the wrong c160 item, you get like 90 back from decon. Yeah still a loss, but not as bad as decon'ing looted c160 stuff....where you're lucky if you get 3 lol.

You should be only getting back one Mat when deconning mob loot. I don't think I ever get more than 1 on any of my decons.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed the decon rate of return is the pits given how much it takes to craft CP 160 gear. I think if you are a maxed out crafter in that skill it should be a much higher rate of return that say someone with no skill in the area.
    Edited by Acharnor on August 4, 2016 1:09PM
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • BurningLance
    BurningLance
    ✭✭
    Acharnor wrote: »
    Agreed the decon rate of return is the pits given how much it takes to craft CP 160 gear. I think if you are a maxed out crafter in that skill it should be a much higher rate of return that say someone with no skill in the area.

yeah i sorta wish the devs could return it to how it was when deconstructing gear for materials and selling to either npcs or other players.

now stealing gear to deconstruct aint worth it anymore.

also maybe the devs could make a way to access the crafting bags to take out materials from it without using em.
    Go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb!

PSN:BurningLance_2
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya I made a lvl 160 rubie great sword the other day doing writs...dont know how but I was tired lol.
  • Daishichi
    Daishichi
    ✭✭✭
    I find it very annoying that putting 3 skill points into the Extraction passive for each craft yields no more materials at max level. I should get at least 3 (to your 1) of the given material.
    Gamertag: SpideyGuy73
    Xbox One NA
    Grand Master Crafter
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭

...and THIS happened a LOT! :'(
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • BurningLance
    BurningLance
    ✭✭
    Jimboo84 wrote: »

yeah same here.

imo what the devs should do is either increase the materials you gain from deconstruction gear or heavily reduce the material cost for cp160 gear to a more reasonable lvl like to 20-25 instead of 100-150
    Go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb!

PSN:BurningLance_2
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With the CP increase on the last DLC, and another one announced for update 12, this may need an adjustment soon.

Eventually they are going to HAVE to increase gear past CP160, and when they do something will have to give. If they follow the logrithmic pattern of what they did from CP 150 to CP160, higher CP gear would run in the THOUSANDS of mats - that just won't happen.

I think we'll see something adjust here in the near future.
  • undefeatdgaul
    undefeatdgaul
    ✭✭✭
    Jimboo84 wrote: »

yeah same here.

imo what the devs should do is either increase the materials you gain from deconstruction gear or heavily reduce the material cost for cp160 gear to a more reasonable lvl like to 20-25 instead of 100-150

Even 50- 75 imo would be fine, 150 is just crazy talk
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the CP increase on the last DLC, and another one announced for update 12, this may need an adjustment soon.

Eventually they are going to HAVE to increase gear past CP160, and when they do something will have to give. If they follow the logrithmic pattern of what they did from CP 150 to CP160, higher CP gear would run in the THOUSANDS of mats - that just won't happen.

I think we'll see something adjust here in the near future.

No they don't have to increase the CP160 maximum.
    Any if they did they would lose a lot of accounts. The way they have structured the itemization and end game content around V16/CP160 means for many the daunting task of replacing all that hard earned gear too much to bare.
    The only other alternative would be to make gear a lot easier to get, but that would cause many to become bored & leave also because the game is too easy and so they would have to keep raising the maximum CP and upgrading all the end game content (or make it redundant).