The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

I don't understand, could someone explain?

Eirikir
Eirikir
✭✭✭✭
I know threads on this forum can be demanding and all. This question will sound demanding or negative but I promise its not. This question is an actual question I don't understand.

Ok, I know, or at least as I understand it, the damage cap was removed. Would it be possible to do the same thing for the defense caps? Is this possible? Would it be broken? Good idea or bad?

I really am asking. If someone could explain it to me I would be appreciative.
Server: PS4-NA
PSN: Eirikir
Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eirikir wrote: »
    I know threads on this forum can be demanding and all. This question will sound demanding or negative but I promise its not. This question is an actual question I don't understand.

Ok, I know, or at least as I understand it, the damage cap was removed. Would it be possible to do the same thing for the defense caps? Is this possible? Would it be broken? Good idea or bad?

No because everybody and their mother would be unkillable in PVP, at least now they're just exploiting bugs in the game but ZOS says it's intended or some stupid ***. Getting rid of the 3k or 4k resistance limit would make the game a lot slower imo, just makes no sense.

The damage cap did make sense, but what doesn't make sense is the *** AOE cap. On City of Ash or Crypt of Hearts there is a giant daedroth boss you fight and he summosn a ton of adds, if you don't kill the ads once the boss hits around 20k with 1 billion adds on screen, if you're doing say Biting Jabs you'll hit too many Ads and you'll just not hit the Boss because of the AOE Limit which is beyond stupid.
    Master Debater
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smasherx74 wrote: »
    Eirikir wrote: »

No because everybody and their mother would be unkillable in PVP, at least now they're just exploiting bugs in the game but ZOS says it's intended or some stupid ***. Getting rid of the 3k or 4k resistance limit would make the game a lot slower imo, just makes no sense.

The damage cap did make sense, but what doesn't make sense is the *** AOE cap. On City of Ash or Crypt of Hearts there is a giant daedroth boss you fight and he summosn a ton of adds, if you don't kill the ads once the boss hits around 20k with 1 billion adds on screen, if you're doing say Biting Jabs you'll hit too many Ads and you'll just not hit the Boss because of the AOE Limit which is beyond stupid.

Ok that makes sense then. Thanks for explaining it.
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think there is anything wrong with the Resistance caps as they are. After all, you can just invest in other means of reducing damage on top of that! Now if there is a total defense cap between things such as Resistances and Hardy/Elemental Defender for instance then yeah that should be lifted... If we're gonna keep getting power creeps then lets get some defense creeps going too!
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on July 31, 2016 9:02PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy