The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Prices for crafted Gear?

ARIES SERPICO
ARIES SERPICO
✭✭
What is a good price for crafted gear. It takes a long time to acquire 9 traits in everything and it takes time to port to crafting station and craft gear. Now I understand crafting for guildies is way easier since you interact more but for the Someone who hits you for some gear and expects to pay little what is the expectation. Just looking for some feedback from crafters and all.
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    I usually just craft for free if they provide all the mats and say if they want to tip me they can. Most of the time people tip me 1-2k per piece and/or give me extra mats.
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I usually work for tips if the mats are provided. I find that most people tip better than I would usually charge anyway.

An example is someone hit me up last night for a full set of lvl32 heavy training armor. They provided the mats and training stones.

When they tried to tip me 5k for the set, I upgraded all the gear to green for them. 5k for about 2 minutes of my time.

• ARIES SERPICO
    ARIES SERPICO
    ✭✭
    I usually work for tips if the mats are provided. I find that most people tip better than I would usually charge anyway.

An example is someone hit me up last night for a full set of lvl32 heavy training armor. They provided the mats and training stones.

When they tried to tip me 5k for the set, I upgraded all the gear to green for them. 5k for about 2 minutes of my time.

I under stand low level gear that's too easy but 8 or 9 trait free of charge you would be a busy person
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I give tips anywhere from 5k to 10k depending on the gear. No one is usually charging and thats exactly what makes me want to pay the crafter anyway.

But thats when I can't be bothered or don't have enough traits on some gear. Otherwise I craft everything myself. If someone asks me I don't charge them at all, they just need to provide the mats.
    Edited by Izaki on July 31, 2016 8:34PM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I under stand low level gear that's too easy but 8 or 9 trait free of charge you would be a busy person

I have a log of who tips well and who burns me. Busy is fine if there is a return on the investment and as long as the mats are provided, the longest it takes me to craft a full set of gear is 5 minutes plus travel time.
  • ARIES SERPICO
    ARIES SERPICO
    ✭✭

I have a log of who tips well and who burns me. Busy is fine if there is a return on the investment and as long as the mats are provided, the longest it takes me to craft a full set of gear is 5 minutes plus travel time.

I guess i get frustrated when I get low amount and could grind gold faster than it's worth usually it takes a couple of msg to flesh out all the details. Some people as you if you can craft then can you do this then style. I always tell them when you it up a crafter have all the details up front by gear,type and style etc..