The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Cyrodiil resource towers.

Michaelus
Michaelus
Please could you do something with these towers? Rework, or rebalance, or fix it somehow that hostile cannot be locked in your tower. Or make it permanently open, or anything.

Thanks
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get rid of the door so you can fire siege straight into the bottom level. It would hasten the end of potato farming.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No thanks.
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Noone forces people to enter the tower full of enemies. Dont go inside so they'll be forced to go outside due to 0 AP gained. If someone goes to the tower with plenty of enemeis inside with siege weapons etc it's his fault he dies not their.
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another "ZOS please fix my stupid" thread.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just walk away. Simple as that.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Something from real warfare I thought would be fun is burning them down. Stacking wood all around covered in oil and anyone inside would take constant fire damage as well as damage to the tower. It never made sense you couldn't destroy your own tower.
  • Michaelus
    Michaelus
    Roechacca wrote: »
    Something from real warfare I thought would be fun is burning them down. Stacking wood all around covered in oil and anyone inside would take constant fire damage as well as damage to the tower. It never made sense you couldn't destroy your own tower.

This would be really fun and also a good gameplay mechanic :smiley: Chop down few tress and make a bbq
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walking away isn't an option, because then you've just given the enemy alliance a launch point to that resource flag, to retake it.

And ownership of resources is important, when you consider not being able to transport to a keep because the enemy holds the resources around it.

A team of 3 can hold one of those towers nearly indefinitely. Put a revive camp on the roof, keep dropping multiple AoE on the ground floor, hit any incoming with crowd control and spam execute abilities.
    Xbox NA
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cryptical wrote: »
    Walking away isn't an option, because then you've just given the enemy alliance a launch point to that resource flag, to retake it.

And ownership of resources is important, when you consider not being able to transport to a keep because the enemy holds the resources around it.

A team of 3 can hold one of those towers nearly indefinitely. Put a revive camp on the roof, keep dropping multiple AoE on the ground floor, hit any incoming with crowd control and spam execute abilities.

you clearly arent very knowlegded in pvp

1. you cant put a camp on an enemys tower
    2. a team of 3 can not hold the tower against a bigger half nonpug group. aoe cap will destroy them.
    3. its alot faster to set the keep ua, than take all 3 ressources and hold them
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just no.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I enjoy tower defense. It's a great wat to make a lot of AP. I think the frustration with the enemy that has enough to retake the resource but not the people in the tower lies with the tower being indestructible to those that own the resource. I wouldn't mind if a tower could be damaged by anyone. Defenders could still try to troll repair until the attackers got enough siege up to break the repair cap. But like others have said its not something you can't work around now by staying off the flag until the tower is down. So it's not a high priority in my opinion.
  • Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Michaelus wrote: »
    Please could you do something with these towers? Rework, or rebalance, or fix it somehow that hostile cannot be locked in your tower. Or make it permanently open, or anything.

Thanks

You do realize this is the only other thing to do PVP?

Imperial city is lame
    Zergs are boring
    Deulling is broken

Tower defences are the only fun thing to do and you want to get rid of them?
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »

2. a team of 3 can not hold the tower against a bigger half nonpug group. aoe cap will destroy them.

You clearly didn't think this through.

1. Your alliance holds farm X. Your group of 3 gets jumped there, you make it into your tower. You set up a camp on YOUR tower.

2. Your buddies rez. The conquerors proceed to work the adds and take the flag. You and your freshly revived buddies prep the ground floor with caltrops and liquid lightning and that arrow ground effect, the name escapes me at this moment. You maintain those while hitting any incomers with poison arrows, fear, ambush, bombard, javelin, impulse, etc - having the multiple AoE and other area instants soften them up so that it only takes one tick of RD or reverse slice or killer blade or some other execute to drop them.

3. Depending on the keep, and the campaign, and time of day, it can be more strategic to take the resources from your alliance before beginning to siege the keep - if the campaign cares about keeps at all (owning resources gives points campaigns for example). You are making assumptions with your third point that are not guaranteed.
    Xbox NA
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's already a counter to resource farming, just don't flip the flag and siege down the tower. ZOS shouldn't change the game because people don't understand how to counter something.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No no no. Zos please leave the resource towers alone. The towers are just fine the way they are.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laksikus wrote: »

You clearly didn't think this through.

1. Your alliance holds farm X. Your group of 3 gets jumped there, you make it into your tower. You set up a camp on YOUR tower.

2. Your buddies rez. The conquerors proceed to work the adds and take the flag. You and your freshly revived buddies prep the ground floor with caltrops and liquid lightning and that arrow ground effect, the name escapes me at this moment. You maintain those while hitting any incomers with poison arrows, fear, ambush, bombard, javelin, impulse, etc - having the multiple AoE and other area instants soften them up so that it only takes one tick of RD or reverse slice or killer blade or some other execute to drop them.

3. Depending on the keep, and the campaign, and time of day, it can be more strategic to take the resources from your alliance before beginning to siege the keep - if the campaign cares about keeps at all (owning resources gives points campaigns for example). You are making assumptions with your third point that are not guaranteed.

haha stop talking, you are embarassing yourself

2. you *** cant kill 6 enemies with 3 if they enter together. they just need to dodgeroll out of your aoe and are alive.
    you cant hold a tower wih 3, except if enemies enter one by one and wait 5 sec after the guy before went in...
    no cc, ambush, and execute will kill them. I can dodge roll through 20 guys down there, up the stairs, how do you think 3 can hold and kill me?

that brings us to point 1.
    the thing you describe is done by zerg groups. that partly wipe outside and rezz inside before flag flips. my group of 3? probably cant farm enough cp for a 20k tent anyway. so why use one, they will die in seconds again.

3. yes thats true, arrius mine for example to siege frorm there. but then you dont take it for the teleport like you said in your first post

• Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The counter to enemies in the tower is to stop zerging and develop on a personal level. If they are the ones with the zerg just ignore it. they will get no AP outnumbering their enemy. I go in the towers, but that is because I have 16 people and 40 enemies outside with an additional line of siege. Zerging doesn't need any more help it's already destroying campaigns.
    Edited by Armitas on July 31, 2016 3:28PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's a difference between walking away and not going into a tower. Assuming that the pugs have been stupid enough to flip the flag you can simply wait, either stealthed or unstealthed, for them to get bored and drop out of the tower where you can chase them and kill them in the open.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This would be really fun and also a good gameplay mechanic :smiley: Chop down few tress and make a bbq

minus the fact that they will just out heal it. since you know you can out heal everything in this game.
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either auto kick the intruder faction of the tower or allow the new owners to destroy it.

This forces factions to defend resources as opposed to defend till it looks hopeless then attempt to farm.
    NA/PC
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working as intended and also my favorite place to play the Farm AP song ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m9SrXRNPRCA
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm finding most big battles are taking place at resource towers now. It's fun :smile:
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really hate everyone who just says "you can walk away" / "dont go in the tower" / etc. Resource Farming is not fun mechanically because technically you should be able to siege the tower down. This is then when all the" dont cap the resource" comments come in. You can't prevent PUGS from capping a resource sometimes. Then your left with two choices, ignore them or test your luck and go through the door. Ignoring them isn't always an option because with some resources, you can flag the keep while siegeing from inside them. Resources also contribute to alliance scoring.

Cryodill is better off without Resource Farms. It would at least improve the quality of the game instead of farming a damn door. I'd personally rather see experienced guilds fighting at choke points between keeps or attacking/defending a keep/outpost. Consistently seeing good players/guilds resource farming because its the most optimal way to gain massive amounts of AP really is a shame. I don't blaim them because it is the best way to get AP but like i said, Cryodill is better off without it.

There are a couple solutions.
    1:Take away the door.
    2: Create a system that can calculate how many people are inside the resource, thus preventing the resource from flipping when you have say 8 or more people inside. Then you can siege it down if necessary.
    3: Introduce a second flag on the inside of the Resource that prevents the resource from flipping. The flag outside then unlocks the door. You can then still siege the Resource or go through the door. This second flag would also allow players inside to continue to put forward camps on-top or repair the tower if damaged. You also would be able to repair the tower at 95% or higher like keeps. So perma-repair would be possible then require coordinated siege to break.

You can disagree with me...list off the counters... list off the Do's and Don'ts.. but in the end Resource Farming should be changed imo. I'm advocating to have a better system put in place.. not get bombarded by a bunch of l2p comments etc.

-Soup

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on July 31, 2016 4:32PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1 of 3 options here....

1. Don't go in and make them come out.
    2. Siege the tower down first then capture resource.
    3. Get a bigger zerg to all charge in at once to wipe them cause of glorious AoE caps stopping the caltrops the siege the and other AoEs.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will repeat what was already said - Stop flipping the flag and siege down the tower!
    Ruins their fun when there is no place to hide.
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks

Step 1. Don't flip the flag
    Step 2. Siege down tower
    Step 3. Kill all enemies in tower

How hard is it really?
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Michaelus
    Michaelus

Thanks

Step 1. Don't flip the flag
    Step 2. Siege down tower
    Step 3. Kill all enemies in tower

How hard is it really?

Maybe try to explain it to other players running arround? Even if you yell at them in chat they just do not listen
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont go inside the tower, profit.
    :]
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭

Or send rats infected with plague through window holes , block the doors and windows and wait.
    Edited by juhasman on July 31, 2016 4:49PM
  • Orlacc
    Orlacc
    ✭✭✭
    If you don';t own the tower, no rezzing inside