The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Does anyone else play just fun builds?

hamburgerler76
hamburgerler76
✭✭✭✭
now I am not saying min/max is not fun this post is just more for those odd ball builds such as I have a DK Healer with trinimac and bogdon sets he is like the oprah of totems XD While he is in no way a min/max healer he is a very fun and challenging build who i have taken threw most group content! Now I wanna hear your crazy builds? anyone have just a wacky build that just works???? :p
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I play for fun ! :)
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play for fun til lvl 50
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im playing a lich build with Nerieneth and Bahraha's curse set + lich robe and bracers solely for the looks. And my spells consist of dark magic and frost staff. Really fun to play especially in large battles hindering enemy groups with frost blockade and frost reach while popping lich crystals left and right >:)
    Edited by Ankael07 on July 31, 2016 8:40AM
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My have my khajiit sorc use the Winterborn and Nerieneth sets for those totems. However, I'm gonna get the Necropotence set for the extra 4k magicka since I use my Clannfear a lot :D Playing as a magicka khajiit that's not a Nightblade is a fun challenge. Considering having a magicka DK khajiit.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't know a min/max build if it hit me in the face. I just play for fun and have multiple characters with different builds some of which rely more on the class skills while others rely more on the weapon skills, with some using magicka, some using stamina, and some using a hybrid mix of both etc. Gear is entirely dependent on what I loot, get as quest rewards, or craft.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For sure, my main im loyal to but play how I want not FotM but all Alts are just for fun / trying things
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of mine are 'different' in some way. I don't create min/max builds, I create a character that I want to play. For example, I wanted to make a grumpy, sickly old Breton who lived almost in isolation in the foothills of the Wrothgarian Mountains. He has a fascination for 'earth magicks', favours simple staves, makes coin from making and selling basic options, poultices and salves and a deep, obsessive interest with runes. He prefers the company of animals and his deep affection for them means he refuses to harm them.

To make this work, I opted for Dragonknight to make use of some, but not all, of the Earthen Heart skills to replicate the interest in 'earth magicks'. I'm ignoring the Ardent Flame and Draconic Power because they don't fit the character. Staves are his main weapon. Alchemy and enchanting provide him with buffs. Points mainly go into magicka; none into health as he is mean to be physically weak. Armour is limited to light with one heavy bit of kit. Crafting is limited to staves and some light armour.

I doubt this will work at higher levels, but that wasn't the point of the build. It is a shame that the class based system of ESO and the lack of spell crafting means that we cannot truly create our own character. I would love to have the option of picking and choosing from a palette of skills, spells and abilities, but I presume that might not work for some other play styles and situations.
    Edited by menedhyn on July 31, 2016 1:18PM
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Snippit_Thomas
    Snippit_Thomas
    ✭✭✭
    I have no interest in the whole min max set up or best in slot gear. I have no problem getting through vet dungeons with my bow wielding wood elf Templar.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes, i play for fun...
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Player for fun here! I hate it when I start talking with people in game and they are like: "Oh no that race with that class, no you need to be this, no use this skill, you need to lvl up fast" bro I use whatever the heck I want and take the game as slow as I want. xD
    One of my favorite races are wood elves and imperials. I use them for almost anything especially magika builds since I love to see them in dresses, imperial magika NB, wood elf sorc, who cares.
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't be pestered with min maxing, I play for fun.

Have a Khajiit DK and he's a complete arsehat, black as coal, dreadlocks n beads, squinty eyes and a big wide smirk, looks like he's secretly amused by everything.

Started him as a char just to mess about with as I was getting bored but he's proved to be such a blast to play he's now maxed out every weapon and armor skill, apart from resto, he don't like resto.

• mildlylucid
    mildlylucid
    ✭✭✭
    I've maxed out every weapon tree (well some of them are ~45 but close enough)...
    Thing is my idea of fun is a dragonknight because dragonleap and fire/poison breath. I also rolled a Khajiit because cat. Then I built stamina because magic is for wimps. So I'm a stamina DK Khajiit by accident and would have the potential for the best pve dps in the game..... except I tank ;)
    Another day, another deathtrap.
    PC | NA | CP: 690+
    Main: Littlewill (50) - Khajiit Dragonknight Tank
    Alts:
    Bajzhli-do (50) - Khajiit Stamina Dragonknight DPS
    Tlanir Dro'flayn (23) - Dunmer Magicka Nightblade DPS
    Morgayne Dalodrel (21) - Breton Magicka Templar Healer
    Tumande Stormwatch (20) - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer DPS
    Tamdril Merilyn (5) - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight DPS
    Bjorngrim Ingensen (5) - Nord Warden Tank
    Gwynereth Bonecrusher (4) - Bosmer Stamina Warden DPS
  • Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only play for fun, never had a single fotm in my gamer career, so not only speaking about this game.
    The closest thing to a fotm I had in this game was my stamblade but I specced him to get the max out of 2h's Brawler, with 20% in Bastion Cp, LOL
    He could cast a 6702 shield just by hitting a single enemy, only pve in though.
    Always the last man standing in dungeons with all the other people asking on the mic about how the hell can a stamblade survive that long :D
    I had some ideas on how to improve him a lil bit but I ended up leaving the game for a while for rl matters, losing the interest.

Now I changed him, I think I'm the only idiot in cyrodiil PS4 EU who's rocking the Morihaus 5 pieces bonus with proud: LOTS of fun to play, the Rearming Trap + CC Dodge Roll cancel constricts the enemy to eat up the trap...
    While it's not so efficient against stambuilds, it's the bane of any other magclass: CCbreak + Roll eats 2/3 of their stamina :D

And then there's my hybrid sorc who casts hardened ward and uses Rune Prison on enemies because Flurry doesn't break it, lewl.

Oh, and I'm always in jerkin chest piece, just because the look of some of them is just too cool to not be worn.
    Edited by Didaco on July 31, 2016 11:17AM
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Main builds are NB tank and Sorc pet build healer.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My builds I try to invite are horrible. But I'll keep trying. :neutral:
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My mains are my sorc and magblade, both of which are geared up to be the best they can possibly be, but I do have a stamblade and a Templar I like to play for fun.

My Templar is just the cheese blazing shield build, it's funny with the hate mail :trollface:

The stamblade I've just made a defile build, and people have no idea why they can't heal themselves
  • Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orc stamsorc is loads of fun

proc vicious ophidian and move like lightning!
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have an Argonian sorcerer build that is all about having a full team of summons (with fun names) and we roam tamriel.

Edgar (Argonian)
    Nigel (Scuttler pet)
    Winston (Clannfear)
    Genevieve (Twilight)
    Cornelius (Atronach)
    Rupert (Daedroth from Maw Helm)
    Oliver (Sword from Morkuldin)
    Thaddeus (Guar mount)
    Edited by GrumpyDuckling on July 31, 2016 3:05PM
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play for fun and I minmax. What I'm doing wrong? :o
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    Hortator Indoril Nerevar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I min max because I dont like wasting peoples time when I group with them and actually like to do the end game content, Didnt know that everything I was doing is not for fun.... what is life... who knows anymore..
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One of my crazy troll builds was nerienth on my sorc. Now its a meta.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have fun making builds work that aren't meta :) I therefore mix play my way and min/maxing and wouldn't have it any other way :p
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Rayya_Blackheart
    Rayya_Blackheart
    ✭✭✭
    Lusty-Argonian-Sage... my Argonian Sorc healer.

No-It's-Mudcrab (inside joke) an Argonian stam DK that looks like a dragon who is entirely revolving around dragon-looking attacks.

Novah'kiin, a templar... no idea what she's going to be when she grows up.
    PC NA Rayya Blackheart pitiful DPS NB CP160
    PC NA Phaedra Phoenix beast mode Templar Healer CP160
    PC NA lvl6 Mudcrab
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was playing my DK until maybe lvl50 with only a funny build that I made up on the way up :smiley: . and then I had a chat on teamspeak with my guildie about builds and I changed my build a bit and my stats almost doubled :smiley:
  • drumbendrum_ESO
    drumbendrum_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Bosmer DK bow build with a heavy attacks from stealth.

Molten armoments - camo hunter - heavy attacks from stealth w/ poison enjection - into Dragon Leap
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup.

My signature Ice Mage Sorcerer build. Will always be a lot of fun for me, even if it isn't the most effective.

• 2x Molag Kena
    • 5x Winterborn
    • 3x Willpower
    • The Maelstrom's Ice Staff
    • The Maelstrom's Restoration Staff

Lots of Ice skills. So much fun to play!

Give us the Iceheart monster set already! It's already datamined :p
    Edited by Vaoh on July 31, 2016 10:35PM
  • JohnnyQuantum
    JohnnyQuantum
    ✭✭
    Short answer: YES
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing better then an odd build succeeding where a min/max said I couldn't.
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to be able to just play my character wearing no armor. Like literally strip nude save for boots and maybe a shoulders and hood, and then put on one of those non-armor NPC shirts and just go around like that. My stats would suffer horribly, but I prefer my character to be casual instead of walking around in full body armor all day every day.

In reality though I wouldn't suffer TOO much. I could craft a 4pc Hunding's Rage as a Hood, Shoulders, Boots, and Gloves. Then have a 3pc Agility Jewelry set, and then for something a tad extra I'd make a set out of my weapons.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Dromede
    Dromede
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking of making a dunmer sorcerer wearing heavy armor Shock master set (the one from vwgt if name is wrong), a destro staff and a dual wielding daggers for actual mixed stamina/magical build. Would be too week for any endgame stuff, but still fun.
    Skye Cloude - Sorc DPS, Master Crafter. Main, the bestest
    Lae Lenne - Templar Healer Trial grade.
    Dromede - Stamina Nightblade, she's a newb and doesn't know what she's doing
    V'oghatta - Stamplar pretending to be a tank
    Ulville Thonvella - aspiring Fire Mage, be careful around her fire sticks!
    Dromedaris - lost and not found. Named after a shoe, what else can you expect from her? A proper tank in her wildest dreams
    Swims-Naked - too pretty to grind, too silly to quest.
    Sun Flair - Dunmer Templar that can't spell for life. To bad she's too broke to afford a name change... Well, at least she's pretty...