The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help with Tank/Healer Build New to Templar

ShadowMole25
ShadowMole25
✭✭✭
I have next to no experience using a templar, tank, or healer so I am asking for help. Most of my time is PvP and I usually just PvE for leveling. This means that I really don't want to use taunts or anything if possible. I am usually a solo player, but do group up from time to time, so this affected some of the skills that I chose because they seemed more beneficial for healing me than for healing others. Also, this is a build for the future that I will be working towards, I just started the character today, and I am argonian, so racials won't be a big help. Basically, I'm trying to become a self-sustaining solo player who might group up.

First Bar: One handed and shield
Puncturing Sweep
Aurora Javelin
Radiant Glory
Blazing Spear
Absorb Magic

Empowering Sweep

Second Bar: Restoration Staff
Rapid Regeneration
Ritual of Rebirth
Radiant Ward
Dampen Magic
Ward Ally

Remembrance

I was thinking about splitting attributes 42 Magic, 22 Health. Please give opinions on this build.
Edited by ShadowMole25 on July 31, 2016 4:29AM
Wanders-Many-Rivers: EP Argonian Nightblade Stamina DPS
Heals-In-Rivers: EP Argonian Templar Magicka Healer
Roams-Many-Rivers EP Argonian Nightblade Magicka Healer
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dump everything into health, put channeled focus rune and ritual of retribution, Vigor or Evasion or Bone shield. Spec CP into healing. Of course your main heals are Healing Springs and BoL.

Put on Spell Symmetry (equilibrium) and go to town. 24/7 magic resources if you can stay alive. Being vampire with 100cp into elemental resistance can help a lot thanks to their passive for taking less damage at lower health.

Master Debater
  • ShadowMole25
    ShadowMole25
    ✭✭✭
    Why BoL? Ritual of Rebirth heals more and costs less. I don't really want to go vampire. I think I will replace Ward Ally with Ritual of Retribution though. That makes 3 heals and 2 shields on the restoration staff bar, which I would think is enough as a solo player.

My sword and shield bar is more of a damage bar because I'm mainly a solo player, so I have to do some damage. I do want to use Absorb Magic to have some defense, but the rest is damage.

Vigor, evasion, and bone shield I would not want to use because they deplete stamina which I would need to dodge and break free. Channeled focus would require me to stay in one area in order to receive the benefits. I am used to playing a stamina nightblade, so not being able to dodge and not being mobile are not what I am used to. Also, because most of my abilities use magicka, I would think that I would want at least half of my attributes in magicka, but I could be wrong.
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vamp passives for recovery and the dmg reduction below 50% health are great. I'd at least try it out, and cure vamp If you don't like the changes.
  • ShadowMole25
    ShadowMole25
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't want to go vampire because it lowers health regen, but I guess since I'll be healing, that won't affect much
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ritual of Rebirth in PvP?!? Kay, I'll just stop you right there. Do.not.go.further. It's got a cas-time and can be bashed.

Look up @DDuke's build. He's showing off some really nice ones! From cancerous builds to more relaxed ones. He's agreat, too.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • ShadowMole25
    ShadowMole25
    ✭✭✭
    So I've been trying this build on the test server and I ended up changing it around a little.

First Bar: One handed and shield
    Puncturing Sweep
    Aurora Javelin
    Radiant Glory
    Blazing Spear
    Reverberating Bash (Was Absorb Magic)

Solar Disturbance (Was Empowering Sweep)

Second Bar: Restoration Staff
    Rapid Regeneration
    Breath of Life (Was Ritual of Rebirth)
    Ritual of Retribution (Was Ward Ally )
    Radiant Ward
    Dampen Magic

Remembrance

I changed Absorb Magic for Reverberating Bash because this build doesn't do a lot of damage and I was struggling with healer mobs in PvE and this allowed me to stopped some of their self healing.

I didn't test out Vampire, but I do agree with it now. Also, 24 Magicka and 40 Health seems to work great with food buffs as it gives you over 30k health and 20k magicka. I also had 1500 magic regen, so I never really ran out.

I was running 7 light armor with 4 pieces of Redistribution for max stats and 4 or 5 (depending on shield or restoration bar) pieces of Willow's Path for regen. I put nirnhoned on all armor and defending on weapons. I went with crafted sets because it is easier for me to acquire them as I don' t have a lot of time to farm for items.

This set up allowed me to take on 4 or 5 mobs in Imperial City including a daedroth and not go below 70% health. There aren't many people in PvP areas on the test server so I couldn't test against actual players.