The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Stop complaining...seriously

mmcgibbo
mmcgibbo
✭✭✭
I'm not a big forum poster by any means although I do read the forums quite frequently. I come here to get little bits of info that could help me out in-game and occasionally will ask for some advice. My biggest issue with this game is not the game, but the people constantly complaining about this game. I don't know if it helps you get through the day or maybe you truly believe people care about how much you hate load screens. Either way, it's ridiculous. I've seen post here before that were basically novels just putting this game down for its imperfections and basically anything that they can find wrong with it. Just quit the game and let the people that enjoy it come to a community that also enjoys it so we don't have to see your negativity. Appreciate the game for what it is and stop worrying so much about its flaws.
  • Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmcgibbo wrote: »
    I'm not a big forum poster by any means although I do read the forums quite frequently. I come here to get little bits of info that could help me out in-game and occasionally will ask for some advice. My biggest issue with this game is not the game, but the people constantly complaining about this game. I don't know if it helps you get through the day or maybe you truly believe people care about how much you hate load screens. Either way, it's ridiculous. I've seen post here before that were basically novels just putting this game down for its imperfections and basically anything that they can find wrong with it. Just quit the game and let the people that enjoy it come to a community that also enjoys it so we don't have to see your negativity. Appreciate the game for what it is and stop worrying so much about its flaws.

Well said.
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +

But people really like complaining.
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Complaining about complaining thread .

+1 Irony

2/10 :trollface:
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jeedrzej wrote: »
    +

But people really like complaining.

So much so they even take time to complain about other people complaining ;)
  • mike_de
    mike_de
    ✭✭✭
    Complaining about complaining. I call that a hypocrite.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

yup. its a sad fact that a lot of game forums are toxic hives.
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TL;DR - another wall of complaining

:trollface:
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

+1 Irony

I agree that a lot of the "complaining" threads are totally without class or maturity.

However, it is important to remember the value of constructive ctiticism. IF, and I stress the if, people can comprehend what is constructive and what is just being rude.

I confess that I have at times allowed a bit too much sarcasm to seep into my posts. But I always try to make at least as many positive suggestions as I point out existing issues.

That said, I'm not a fan of anything done for the sake of it. That includes whine threads for the sake of whining as well as positive threads for the sake of positivism.
  • mmcgibbo
    mmcgibbo
    ✭✭✭
    i honestly didn't even consider how hypocritical this was. I apologize. Will take thread down now
  • mmcgibbo
    mmcgibbo
    ✭✭✭
    Damnit I don't know how.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't, only forum mods can.

Don't worry about it, your point is well taken.
  • Sunver
    Sunver
    ✭✭✭
    To complain or not to complain...that's the question I want to complain about...
    When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
    What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
    For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
    O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some people cannot appreciate the game because they literally cannot play. Without the community complaining nothing would change.
    Master Debater
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tis better to light a candle than complain about the darkness complaining!
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do not, @Sunver
    Or Sunveyer? :P
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • Drakoleon
    Drakoleon
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Complaining" ? Or highlighting and pointing out all defects and issues, gameplay and technical? I think you fanboys are a bit confused or this game is broken.... hence so many "complains"
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My ear hurts and its my bday i can complain
    May the Schwartz be with you.
    EP/XB1/NA

• Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drakoleon wrote: »
    "Complaining" ? Or highlighting and pointing out all defects and issues, gameplay and technical? I think you fanboys are a bit confused or this game is broken.... hence so many "complains"

See? Was that part absolutely necessary? :p
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Complaining or not.. it is just good to vent sometimes, and complaining is just a way to do that. I can side a little bit with the OP, though. Too much complaining is not so positive. Although, how much complaining is too much.. that is the question.. lol! On this forum, I just look at it as people voicing their opinions. Otherwise, yes, it can get on your nerves.. if you let it.
  • Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭
    In a world of rainbows and unicorns, companies will realize that some of the decisions they've made aren't so effective and take steps to change them without consumers prompting them to do so.

However, in the world of "reality", where money actually has value- silence doesn't do squat for you, and the only thing that effects change is action.

If silence works for you- then by all means, remain so. That's your prerogative.

Meanwhile some will continue to speak out- especially those who have been ripped off by purchases of substandard quality.
    TL;DR - If you got this far without reading the entire post you're either too lazy or suck at reading comprehension and probably don't belong in a public forum anyway. Just move along, you wouldn't understand.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Folks who are having tons of fun playing the game spend probably more time, well, playing the game. and less time posting - in a broad general sense.

IMO the best thing zos could do about complaining is to lift the ignore limit (with a ignore quotes option). then, folks interested in constructive non-toxic content could just ignore those who aren't and gradually get to spend more time in enjoyable productive discussions. the only people forced to endure the toxicity would be those not yet familiar with the ignored or those wanting to have their toxicity reinforced.

Win-Win IMO.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd just like to thank everyone who completed about Malubeth for months . Monday's nerf is going to be a holiday without cheese for once . Please never stop complaining about what's broken !
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A recent poll showed that a large majority of posters really enjoy the game. That doesn't mean there aren't significant issues and bugs that are very justified in complaining about.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

+1 Irony

@Rohamad_Ali
    Bruh, you know just like I know how complaining threads about complaining turns out. :trollface:
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

+1 Irony

@Rohamad_Ali
    Bruh, you know just like I know how complaining threads about complaining turns out. :trollface:

LOL ! I remember yes .
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forums are there to give feedback and to see, what other players think about the game - if forums would just be there to praise the game, it would be a fanboy platform and a company can sell any crap to fanboys - it would not need a forum for it.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people are having terrible experiences and not getting updates (Xbox one)

I'll agree with you regarding PC tho
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please stop complaining about getting people to stop complaining about complaining....

PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll give enough complaints for at-least 1/10th of my complaints actually getting noticed and or fixed. This game has plenty of issues and you know what if no one complained and got rallied behind the complaints half of the things you enjoy like being able to play dungeons wouldn't actually be fixed. You should understand something that when players including myself complain with constructive feedback or even raged feedback as long as it gives detailed information or information on the problem that a multitude of players could be facing than that's perfect.

Nevertheless as people have stated man this post is such a :trollface:

不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    70c5b14312d1f7ad0289931534ac315c.jpg

This discussion has been closed.