The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

One Tamriel armor/attribute scaling?

Grimchester
Grimchester
Soul Shriven
Okay, so if i get this straight. I'm lvl 10, in lvl 10 armor, with all points in health. In OT i'd be the equivalent to a max level char, in max level armor, with all armor enchants for health.
So when i reach lvl 11 .. I'm suddenly .. the equivalent to a max level char, in gear 1 level lower than his level?... so it goes "ding! .. hmm my health and armor decreased slightly"
So in effect, unless you keep your gear etc. at your level, you'll be de-progressing in a sense?

Another example:
For simplicity sake.. say I have 1000 armor, and then I gain a level .. do i now have 950 armor? .. until i craft/get a piece of armor that's my new level?

And what about attributes .. If i have all points in health, and then ding.. and put that new point in stam/mag, did my health just decrease?

I hope I'm wrong, and that they find a neat way for you too feel at least some progression other than more skill points.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, or at least that's not how it works now. It will slightly overpower you to try to stick you on an even plain with V15s, though it doesn't quite do that. You can end up in places around the 40s, where your stats are hilariously over-inflated, however.
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wish ZoS could give out more info regarding Tamriel One as it's my most anticipated udpate :( you know, no more Alliance barrier *** and you can play with everyone. But I'm guessing it would work similar to FFXIV Level Sync
    I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One tamriel is the greatest thing I'm waiting for since removal of Vets. But it is, hands down, one of the most important changes in the entire game.

ESO will finally look like all other ES games in terms of levels and scaling.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need nevertheless more information about how scaling actually works - I have just low level characters and so far, whenever I enter a DLC area, I have a lot of health, because I put points into it and as I have seen in a stream of Fengrush, my health is by far more than those characters have with whom Fengrush does PvP in Cyrrodil - something is strange here.

I mean if this will be this way in all of Tamriel in future, I am pretty well off with my characters, even they are low levels.
    Edited by Lysette on July 30, 2016 10:00AM
  • mildlylucid
    mildlylucid
    ✭✭✭
    Another example:
    For simplicity sake.. say I have 1000 armor, and then I gain a level .. do i now have 950 armor? .. until i craft/get a piece of armor that's my new level?

As the system currently stands, the mitigation you get from armour decreases as you level up, so you need more armour to get the same amount of mitigation.
    Another day, another deathtrap.
    PC | NA | CP: 690+
    Main: Littlewill (50) - Khajiit Dragonknight Tank
    Alts:
    Bajzhli-do (50) - Khajiit Stamina Dragonknight DPS
    Tlanir Dro'flayn (23) - Dunmer Magicka Nightblade DPS
    Morgayne Dalodrel (21) - Breton Magicka Templar Healer
    Tumande Stormwatch (20) - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer DPS
    Tamdril Merilyn (5) - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight DPS
    Bjorngrim Ingensen (5) - Nord Warden Tank
    Gwynereth Bonecrusher (4) - Bosmer Stamina Warden DPS
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another example:

As the system currently stands, the mitigation you get from armour decreases as you level up, so you need more armour to get the same amount of mitigation.

Hm, that is somewhat silly, if it is like that - I would be better off, if I avoid leveling up?- does it mean that?
  • Grimchester
    Grimchester
    Soul Shriven
    For the record, I'm not at all against "One Tamriel" or hating on it. But I also don't want it to ruin the sense of progression and immersion of the game.

As well as that I have friends that are pretty fickle when it comes to mmo's, So if their leveling is making their characters effectively worse I doubt they'll make it through to lvl 50. And my only defense will be "it'll get better once scaling is irrelevant"
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the record, I'm not at all against "One Tamriel" or hating on it. But I also don't want it to ruin the sense of progression and immersion of the game.

As well as that I have friends that are pretty fickle when it comes to mmo's, So if their leveling is making their characters effectively worse I doubt they'll make it through to lvl 50. And my only defense will be "it'll get better once scaling is irrelevant"

In a way it was like this in Oblivion - if you did not level in an optimal way - 5/5/5 - you fell behind the enemies and it felt like you would get worse not better. It should not be like this in ESO.
  • Grimchester
    Grimchester
    Soul Shriven
    Lysette wrote: »
    In a way it was like this in Oblivion - if you did not level in an optimal way - 5/5/5 - you fell behind the enemies and it felt like you would get worse not better. It should not be like this in ESO.

And the most popular mods for oblivion all altered/removed the level scaling.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And the most popular mods for oblivion all altered/removed the level scaling.

Yeah, I played it both ways, with and without mods - the vanilla game hindered me to just play along, I had to monitor exactly which skills progressed to not level up before I had enough advances to be able to level up 5/5/5 - this did not feel right.
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's because the scaling doesn't just scale you up, as having a random mishmash of nonset white/green/blue gear without passives or a good host of active skills would leave you obscenely weak compared to a cp160 in purple/gold set gear of any sort. It gives you more flat stats, to beef you up overall. So don't worry about your gear becoming outdated that much because it's not contributing that much to your power from the scaling. That isn't to say it can't (ie if you're crafting yourself some nice stuff, it'll be noticeably powerful) but rather, most of the effect of the scaling is the stats the scaling itself gives you.
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just so surprised about what stats I have with a low level character in a DLC zone - for example a lvl 10 character, with level 10 blue gear and some blue food and my health was up to 28-30k health - and then I see Fengrush operate with characters in Cyrrodil which have just about 23k health - this was a surprise to me. And I spent just a few points into health.
    Edited by Lysette on July 30, 2016 12:04PM
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just so surprised about what stats I have with a low level character in a DLC zone - for example a lvl 10 character, with level 10 blue gear and some blue food and my health was up to 28-30k health - and then I see Fengrush operate with characters in Cyrrodil which have just about 23k health - this was a surprise to me. And I spent just a few points into health.

Aye, the attribute upgrades are also based on a ratio. So having a few points into health at a low level translates to putting like a third or more of your points into health at lvl50
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • Teronell
    Teronell
    ✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    One tamriel is the greatest thing I'm waiting for since removal of Vets. But it is, hands down, one of the most important changes in the entire game.

ESO will finally look like all other ES games in terms of levels and scaling.

I agree and believe this kind of change will be bigger than ESO. Raise the level cap on the entire world and no content gets left behind. I'm excited to see how this works.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Aye, the attribute upgrades are also based on a ratio. So having a few points into health at a low level translates to putting like a third or more of your points into health at lvl50

Ah I see, it is the relation of the points to each other, not the absolute amount - good to know.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not that dramatic. I decided to completely lvl a character in Wrothgar. I crafted a full set of gear at lvl 10 and at lvl 30 my main stat was 33k instead of 36k at lvl 10. Was just green gean hundings with Night mothers.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.